Looking for opinions...

PDA

fxck0bama08
November 5, 2008, 12:08 AM
preferably from people who have a working understanding of/experience with semi-auto rifles. I was planning on being able to spend some time and do some research myself, but certain recent events have necessitated a bit of a shorter timeline...

A couple years ago I bought a Sig pistol...absolutely LOVE it! Suffice to say, I am thoroughly impressed by Sig. So when I decided it was time to acquire a semi-auto rifle, naturally I considered them first...their quality makes me WANT to give them my business. I haven't ruled out other manufacturers, but I am strongly leaning towards the Sig 5.56 DMR. It has a little bit longer of a barrel than the other models (24", vice 19"), and comes with a scope. Having a more-than-familiar knowledge of the M-16, I know that the purely gas-driven actions are a bit of a pain when it comes to cleaning, though fewer moving parts is always a plus. I know you can get a Bushmaster with a piston, as well as some other models. I'd really like to hear from anyone who has shot a 5.56...what are your thoughts? Pros? Cons?

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for opinions..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for opinions..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!