Recoil pad for Rossi/Puma 92

PDA

cobra2411
November 5, 2008, 03:26 AM
Anyone have a suggestion for a pad? I'm thinking of a slip on, but I'm not sure which one or how they fit. Suggestions?

The gun is a 92 carbine in 44mag and I ran through a box of some hot loads and have a nice black and blue mark to show for it...

I'm gonna reload lighter; in the 1100fps range, so I might not need the pad all the time.

TIA

If you enjoyed reading about "Recoil pad for Rossi/Puma 92" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mainmech48
November 5, 2008, 12:15 PM
IMO, your most practical solution is a slip-on. The traditional 'carbine-style' butt stock on the Rossi '92 doesn't lend itself well to the installation of a permanent recoil pad.

One could always resort to a semi-finished replacement stock with a shotgun style butt. I don't know of any outfit which offers such a thing as a regular production item, though. I'm sure that several can and would turn one out as a special order, but the cost would be considerable, even in very 'plain' wood.

Of the slip-ons I've tried, the "Limb Saver" and Pachmayr "Decellerator" seem to work best. Just be sure to measure the dimensions of your butt stock before you order and buy whichever brand offers the closest fit.

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
November 5, 2008, 12:57 PM
I'd go with the "Kick-Killer", for looks' sake:

http://www.chuckhawks.com/kick_killer_recoil_pad.htm

Hhrshooter
November 5, 2008, 02:55 PM
I would check out their website as they offer the .454 and the .480 rifles with the padded buttstocks. It couldn't hurt to look as they are the same rifle? www.legacysports.com
Dave

If you enjoyed reading about "Recoil pad for Rossi/Puma 92" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!