NOT the kind of firearms owners we need

PDA

alaskanativeson
November 5, 2008, 03:00 PM
Story (http://www.wptz.com/cnn-news/17898942/detail.html)

A guy in Vermont celebrated the Obama victory by shooting his Rifle in his home 18 times with several bullets passing into his neighbor's homes. At least no one was hurt, but this is the kind of stupidity that will get our Second Amendment rights destroyed.

Let's be clear: I'm not criticizing his choice of candidate here (I don't like it, but I'm not going to comment on that on THR.) This is just about responsible firearms ownership and use. We don't need this kind of behavior amongst our citizens.

If you enjoyed reading about "NOT the kind of firearms owners we need" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Samgotit
November 5, 2008, 03:04 PM
I wish the DA could charge him with attempted murder.

Lewis130
November 5, 2008, 03:09 PM
****, last thing we need with a gun grabber in office. Hope and pray against an excuse for a kneejerk gun ban.

CountGlockula
November 5, 2008, 03:12 PM
I wonder how many walls it went through?

...he fired a Russian-made .22 caliber rifle -- similar to the ones used in biathlon competitions -- in celebration of Obama's victory, police said.

Vermont
November 5, 2008, 04:26 PM
What a moron. How could you possibly think that was ok?

I know some people who live on that street. I'm glad no one was hurt.

Huddog
November 5, 2008, 04:49 PM
Stupid is as Stupid does. Indidvidual stupidity, hope it doesn't result in group punishment.

No Fear
November 5, 2008, 04:56 PM
I think he was shooting this gun first

http://zedomax.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/beergun.jpg

PointOneSeven
November 5, 2008, 04:58 PM
He may have also been high, and just needed an excuse not to get busted for drugs too.

Maelstrom
November 5, 2008, 04:59 PM
Come 11:00 last night, the animals were all outside in my neighborhood shooting into the air.

You'd have thought we already lived in the third-world nation we're about to become.

PointOneSeven
November 5, 2008, 04:59 PM
Ah, NF beat me to it :D.

No Fear
November 5, 2008, 05:11 PM
http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/1977/coorslightmagwt6.jpg

LemmyCaution
November 5, 2008, 06:51 PM
Ugh. I'm embarrassed for my state.

Prepster
November 5, 2008, 06:59 PM
^ same here. Vermont has its share of idiots, but really is a fine place.

yeti
November 6, 2008, 01:43 AM
It doesn't count as Vermont, if they live in the Champlain Valley.:neener:
Or south of Johnson.:evil:

jakemccoy
November 6, 2008, 01:47 AM
True, we need to keep our worrying pointed in the proper direction - at lunatics like this guy. Unfortunately, guys like this are the reason certain politicians don't trust you or I with a gun. I'm not saying the mistrust is justified, but there you go.

If you enjoyed reading about "NOT the kind of firearms owners we need" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!