Profitability of Title II sales

PDA

kcmarine
November 5, 2008, 09:19 PM
Over the years, I have looked at many websites for Class III dealers that sell NFA firearms. Of course, a lot of these arms are select fire and fully automatic. Some of them are for sale, a lot of them are not, at least not to the average shooter. When you're selling say... a select fire Saiga conversion, how can you possibly turn a profit? I don't think too many law enforcement agencies are going to buy an AK.

Explain to MEH!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Profitability of Title II sales" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MAKster
November 6, 2008, 11:03 AM
Full-auto and select-fire rifles being sold to law enforcement cost no more then semi-auto versions, so there is no profit advantage to selling them. What makes them expensive for civilians is the fact that no new weapons can be registered post-1986. The real profit margin is for people who are selling a full auto they have owned since pre-1986 when they were relatively cheap.

rfurtkamp
November 6, 2008, 12:08 PM
There's more than just MGs.

Suppressors have a reasonably good markup, as do receiving C3 transfers.

Most of the C3 dealers though aren't full-time or do it in addition to regular Title I guns, and the added perks of having post-sample toys around makes it worth it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Profitability of Title II sales" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!