An Obama supporter wants to do WHAT?

PDA

Yoda
November 5, 2008, 08:52 PM
Today, the day AFTER the election, a co-worker got a call from a friend who is a dedicated Obama supporter. The friend wants to sell all his guns.

According to the co-worker, the Obama-supporter said something like, "Well, I guess all my my guns will get confiscated now, so I'm going to try to sell them for whatever I can get. Do you think I can get $20 for my rifles before the word gets out?"

I told my co-worker that I'd take anything his friend has for $20. I might even go a bit higher. Call me short-sighted, but I might just buy everything the guy has, just so I can play with them for a while before they're all taken away.

- - - Yoda

==========================

If you enjoyed reading about "An Obama supporter wants to do WHAT?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sean Dempsey
November 5, 2008, 08:54 PM
This sounds 100% made up.

indoorsoccerfrea
November 5, 2008, 08:55 PM
"This sounds 100% made up."
I agree...
but still, is there any way i can contact this person? i've been wanting to expand my collection...

Gun Slinger
November 5, 2008, 08:57 PM
This stinks. I'm out.

newkahrman
November 5, 2008, 09:02 PM
Remember the steps. 1. Legislation 2. Registration 3. Confiscation.
We should be able to see this coming.

CWL
November 5, 2008, 09:03 PM
Yeah, well a well-informed neighbor's friend's uncle's mailman's dog-walker said that they were going to give out gold bars in trade for your teeth, best get to pulling!

blkbrd666
November 5, 2008, 09:16 PM

Actually, this sounds like the metality of, obviously, the majority of voters.

hso
November 5, 2008, 09:18 PM
I'm in. Post the guy's contact info for us. :evil:

Auburn1992
November 5, 2008, 09:18 PM
Anyone looked under the bridge for that troll yet?

CRITGIT
November 5, 2008, 09:20 PM
Where's all the "Country First" gang? :D:D:D

CRITGIT

Lookn4Brass
November 5, 2008, 09:23 PM
Hey Yoda. I would be seriously NOT telling the Obama supporter acquaintance of yours very much about what kind of gun collection you have already. No offense intended, but this sounds like someone who would not be an asset to one's personal rights somewhere down the road, if you know what I mean. But hey, if you can get an awesome deal on some stuff, go with your "inner voice" on the decision. If you know what I mean. The whole thing sounds a little creepy to me.

newkahrman
November 5, 2008, 09:24 PM
Oh yes. I like that.

benEzra
November 5, 2008, 09:26 PM
I suspect sarcasm on the part of the Obama supporter.

Yoda
November 5, 2008, 09:27 PM
Guys, I've been here a long time, and this is the first time I've ever been accused of trolling.

I've asked the co-worker to get a list of what's for sale. We'll see if his friend is completely nuts or if the co-worker stretched the story a bit.

HOWEVER, as a former cop, the co-worker does seem to know a lot of odd and marginal people.

- - - Yoda

===================

meef
November 5, 2008, 10:24 PM
a co-worker got a call from a friend who is a dedicated Obama supporter. The friend wants to sell all his guns. :cool:

Might as well. He's already sold his soul.

Sepia
November 5, 2008, 10:27 PM
If it reigns true let me know! I'm not to far from you and I'm in the market for some more firearms!

qwert65
November 5, 2008, 10:29 PM
I'm interested I've been looking into getting some guns these would be my first ones....:)

jerkface11
November 5, 2008, 11:35 PM
If he's an Obama supporter he probably just has a Fudd rifle or two.

Double Naught Spy
November 6, 2008, 06:21 AM
If the supposed Obama supporter is trying to dump his rifles very cheap before confiscation, he is an absolute moron, hence why the story would appear to be bogus. Obviously, no such confiscations are going to happen BEFORE Obama takes office and such legislation will take time to pass after the new Congress is seated and Obama takes office and so he could obviously sell his guns for actual value between now and the next 2-6 months.

So sure, troll.

JWarren
November 6, 2008, 06:38 AM
If the supposed Obama supporter is trying to dump his rifles very cheap before confiscation, he is an absolute moron

A gun owner that voted for Obama... is an absolute moron. Who'da thunk it?

-- John

Mp7
November 6, 2008, 06:43 AM
..sounds like a raffle :)

Everyone paypal in a 20$ and weŽll see who
gets the goodies!

hobgob
November 6, 2008, 06:53 AM
tuesday's gone with the wind.... my friend! train rolls on! on past my door!

PRM
November 6, 2008, 07:19 AM
Its really about redistribution - guys with the larger collections got to share with those who don't!!! :neener:

1. Join or upgrade your membership to the NRA
2. Be active in writing and contacting politicians
3. Enjoy your guns - they are still here
4. There will be a good "Heads-up" on anything developing so don't panic
5. Enjoy your guns - I am going to the range today

zoom6zoom
November 6, 2008, 08:04 AM
Just give them away... redistribute the wealth, right?

lions
November 6, 2008, 11:32 AM
So what if the guy is a troll? What is the reaction he is hoping to get?

So a gun owner bought some guns that one day may be banned but are still 100% legal and he got them at a seriously discounted price.

Tell me, who is the sucker here? I just don't see what the "troll" would accomplish in doing this. This might be made up or it might not but I don't see any risk even if it is.

JImbothefiveth
November 6, 2008, 11:43 AM
He should know that he can get more than $20 for them. Have the police check the serial number, he could have used them in some crime.

benEzra
November 6, 2008, 11:45 AM
So what if the guy is a troll? What is the reaction he is hoping to get?
Poking fun at those whom he perceives to be afraid that Obama is "going to take their guns away."

Yes, that is based on a fundamental misperception of what gun owners are worried about. But there are about 25 threads on Democratic Underground right now making that same attempt at humor.

tac34
November 6, 2008, 11:57 AM
He might be telling the truth my nephew works at Hurlburt Field and he told me that some of his co workers voted for Obama go figure.

Claude Clay
November 6, 2008, 01:04 PM
the bell curve has two extream ends--just not sure which one the selling guy is

jakemccoy
November 6, 2008, 02:44 PM

yeah

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
November 6, 2008, 03:07 PM
It does sound made up, but if it's true, then....

I told my co-worker that I'd take anything his friend has for $20. I might even go a bit higher. Call me short-sighted, but I might just buy everything the guy has, just so I can play with them for a while before they're all taken away.

Taking an Obama supporter for a long ride like that sounds like win-win to me! :)

qajaq59
November 6, 2008, 03:28 PM
a co-worker got a call from a friend who is a dedicated Obama supporter. The friend wants to sell all his guns. Great!!! Buy 'em. He sounds like he is too dumb to have them anyway.

If you enjoyed reading about "An Obama supporter wants to do WHAT?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!