We need to get Obama a nice shiny present!

PDA

HeavenlySword
November 6, 2008, 02:30 AM
We need to get Obama turned into an EBR nut. That would be the most awesomest thing ever.

Even if he didn't like it, we should still present him an Scary Black Rifle, publicly, a decent AR15, because it would raise our public image from nutty guys driving around with 200 'Evil Assault Sniper Machine guns' to people who care about being alive, and keeping our families alive.

-Pray he does get addicted to our fine hobby Heck, I'll even consider giving up my atheism, as it could be a miracle!

-He will probably have his usual, moderate reaction, which would hopefully at least get him off the idea of BANNING THE MOST COMMON TYPE OF WEAPONS IN AMERICA.

If you enjoyed reading about "We need to get Obama a nice shiny present!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RLsnow
November 6, 2008, 02:33 AM
Why not xD

if you guys can pull it off i dont see it doing any damage, well..., ya might loose a couple of dollars.

But he IS your president...after all.

JKimball
November 6, 2008, 02:57 AM
Man, he's going to be getting all kinds of guns. :D

http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=404323

chris in va
November 6, 2008, 03:01 AM
EBR's are shiny?

Maybe ESR's.

jakemccoy
November 6, 2008, 03:12 AM
I'm not sure why this idea is present in a joking, wacky manner. Presenting the President with an EBR is really a good idea for folks who like to think big.

The correct gun is a standard issue rifle made for current soldiers stationed in Iraq. It's 2008, not 1908. The Commander-In-Chief should have a feel for what tools the ground troops are using to protect America. Most Americans who are using rifles for real are overseas in harms way. Let's honor our military while updating everybody's mindset. (Yes, that means you too if you think an old fashioned rifle with nice wood is the way to go here.) To be done correctly, we would have to present the rifle to the President at some type of ceremony.

There's really no logical way for a Commander-In-Chief to act snooty over honoring him with a tool that American soldiers are using. Briefed correctly, Obama would not pass up the public opportunity to support our troops.

http://i38.tinypic.com/jrfok4.jpg

HeavenlySword
November 6, 2008, 03:14 AM
I'm not joking. I am serious.

That gun is exactly what we need, except it needs either an underslung shotgun or nade launcher or laser or something.

Also, I don't think that is the standard DM's ACOG.

But thats a very nice gun : )

General Geoff
November 6, 2008, 07:51 AM
I think this is a great idea.

david_the_greek
November 6, 2008, 07:55 AM
uh..... well I'll let you guys walk forward with the rifle. I prefer to not have the S.S. break my arms into all sorts of new shapes : )

sadp40
November 6, 2008, 01:04 PM
nice AK clone, he seems to like communism so give him the weapon that most shows who he really is.

Zundfolge
November 6, 2008, 01:11 PM
I doubt he has an FOID card.

Justin
November 6, 2008, 01:29 PM
We've already got a thread putting this idea forward.

If you enjoyed reading about "We need to get Obama a nice shiny present!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!