The community is creating its own AWB here.

PDA

Hoplophile
November 6, 2008, 04:05 PM
We're stacking mags so high that prices for mags are approaching 1994 levels.

It's more or less another AWB, especially for us commoners who can't afford a zillion mags at a time :-)

They're even becoming scarce.

Anyone know of any <10USD apiece AK mags for sale anywhere?

If you enjoyed reading about "The community is creating its own AWB here." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gunNoob
November 6, 2008, 04:11 PM
aim surplus has 20 rounders for $10 if you buy 20+ or $12 for less than 20

RKBABob
November 6, 2008, 04:27 PM
Tell me about it... How many mags can one person possibly find use for?

Tyris
November 6, 2008, 04:40 PM
I dont think you understand what a ban is all about.

As long as there is no ban then these shortages are temporary. Once a ban is enacted no one will manufacture new mags.

Eventually manufacturing supply will catch up with demand here and this sudden spike in demand will subside. This is a good thing, it forces more mags into the channel. If a ban is enacted these mags will slowly trickle out as they're sold on the market or given to friends.

-T

SoCalShooter
November 6, 2008, 04:42 PM
Re:RKBABob
You need lots of magazines for parts and zombies.

HorseSoldier
November 6, 2008, 04:43 PM
AIM's also got Bulgarian 30 round steel mags for $12.95/ea, which is (if I remember right) the same price they were charging the day before Barry-O "change, change, changed" America (:barf:).

RKBABob
November 6, 2008, 04:51 PM
You need lots of magazines for parts and zombies.
Thing is, while zombies are really slow moving, they can still run faster than someone who is carrying the fifty fully loaded AR15 mags that they so wisely stocked up on prior to the ban that may not happen.:p

grilledcheese
November 6, 2008, 05:19 PM
Hee-hee. I enjoyed picturing that.

Like something out of Shaun of the Dead:)

Jeffrey

mbt2001
November 6, 2008, 05:34 PM
Where is here (just for my info).

Are they banning the possesion of those weapons and magazines? You might want to check it out, as it would suck to buy a whole lot and possession is banned and you get arrested 2 years later.

Ragnar Danneskjold
November 6, 2008, 05:36 PM
Why would I get arrested when they all would have been stolen from me the week before?

Hoplophile
November 7, 2008, 05:31 PM
*sigh* Mags. Expensive.

Quit being paranoid loonies so I can be one too, jeez.

If you enjoyed reading about "The community is creating its own AWB here." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!