New CZ waiting at dealer.

PDA

ParaElite
November 6, 2008, 05:12 PM
My new CZ SP-01 .40S&W is waiting for me at my FFL dealers place. I can't wait to get off work:)
The last time I "celebrated" was when I received the incentive check from the government - can anyone say LMT M4 Carbine?;)

If you enjoyed reading about "New CZ waiting at dealer." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wbwanzer
November 6, 2008, 08:37 PM
Congrats on the new pistol.
I can pick my P-01 up tomorrow. I know your excitement.

Eightball
November 6, 2008, 09:04 PM
Remember to post pictures of your new addition to your family.

ParaElite
November 7, 2008, 06:09 PM
I am sorry for the late reply. I am on a search committee for a professor of South Asian History.
I picked up my pistol last night, got home and did a maintenance disassembly. I noticed that the cast frame looked really good and the slide (I think it is forged) looked much better than the slide on my CZ 75B Stainless model. The monkeys with wrenches must have worked on installing the front sight at closing on Friday evening! So I was gratified that this was not so on my SP-01 - the machining looked great. I decided that I don't like their poly whatever finish. It looks painted on. Anyway, it's the tactical model so ok. What I don't like is the finish on the barrel. It is between not blued and blued -- kind of a grey - black spottled finish - like a hyena. The trigger ain't too bad compared to the one on my stainless CZ 75B which isn't saying much when compared to the trigger on my $467 Elite Match in 10mm.
I suck at pictures but I will try to post some soon.
Oh yes! I had great service from Ghost Products Inc. and Rob Bagnato. I will definitely be visiting them soon for a CZ in .45.

stevemis
November 8, 2008, 12:09 AM
I hand-polish the visible parts of barrel to remove the "finish". The CZ barrels look like they were dragged behind a truck on the highway... but they hold up!

armoredman
November 8, 2008, 12:37 AM
The barrel finish actually is made that way, it's not badly done, just odd. Congrats on the new CZ!

1 old 0311
November 8, 2008, 10:45 AM
DON'T PICK IT UP. I did, shot it, now have three.:):):)

ParaElite
November 8, 2008, 10:46 AM
Thanks guys,
Good to know about the barrel. As long as it functions and it is only a cosmetic issue.

If you enjoyed reading about "New CZ waiting at dealer." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!