C&R Question

PDA

KABA
November 6, 2008, 04:43 PM
About 16 days ago I mailed my C&R application and sent a copy to my local CLEO as required. When I checked my CC statement last night I noticed that ATF had placed a $30. charge on my account. Do they typically charge your account BEFORE processing your application? Or does this indicate that my application is in process?

I was really expecting that it would take two months or more before any action was reflected. I am just a little surprised that this happened this quickly.

Thanks,
D

If you enjoyed reading about "C&R Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
NeoSpud
November 6, 2008, 04:45 PM
I've read in previous topics here that they'll charge you well before sending off the packet. I suppose you still have to wait a while.

I'm in the same boat as you; waiting for my C&R is driving me crazy... I just can't wait to get some mosins, mausers, and makarovs :D

rritter
November 6, 2008, 04:47 PM
When you send them a check, it gets cashed as soon as they receive it. The actual license may take a month or two (or longer) to get issued. I'm not surprised if they're doing the same with credit cards.

At least you know they got the application!

KABA
November 6, 2008, 05:09 PM
NeoSpud,
I know what you mean. I paid the last of my mortgage on Monday. I got 5 of 6 in the Florida Lottery last night. I'm wantin' to buy something that goes BANG really bad. Especially before 1/20/09

NeoSpud
November 6, 2008, 11:51 PM
KABA - have you made your list yet? I have a Word document on my desktop for items to buy -with all the suppliers to buy from- as soon as it comes, indexed by priority. Man oh man, I can't friggin' wait! :)

--edit--
oh yeah, and congrats on your good financial situation! It's only going to go downhill for the both of us, hehe :D

If you enjoyed reading about "C&R Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!