Palm rests

PDA

JImbothefiveth
November 7, 2008, 10:23 AM
I'm home sick today, and thought I might as well ask about palm-rests.

I've found while dry-firing that resting the gun on my knuckles, my arm positioned like it would be if there was a palm rest, is very stable. However, I can't use that position when actually firing, because the muzzle would rise off of my hand, and I'd lose control of the gun. The barrel might even hit the ground, if the trigger break surprised me. So I thought "darn a palm rest seems like a good idea".

So now to my questions: What competition can I use a palm rest in? And the second question: Would this be allowed in "action shooting" events like 3-gun and ACTS, and would it be practical there? Last question: Are palm rests practical for anything other than competition? (I figure more accuracy is better no matter what you're doing.)

(I put this in general discussion, not rifle country, because I'm also wondering how it would work for a shotgun):uhoh::D

If you enjoyed reading about "Palm rests" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JImbothefiveth
November 7, 2008, 09:25 PM
Nothing?
Moderators, is it okay if I post a duplicate thread in the rifle forum, to get more responses?

jnyork
November 7, 2008, 10:34 PM
You got a reply over on Rimfire.

If you enjoyed reading about "Palm rests" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!