CVA Rifles

PDA

RKellogg
November 7, 2008, 02:13 PM
Any one know anything about the CVA Optima Pros . I have been thinking about getting one because you can get the different barrles for them like the Encores . Only they are about haft the price . I just don't know if they are as good .

If you enjoyed reading about "CVA Rifles" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bang_bang
November 7, 2008, 02:38 PM
CVA makes rifles like that? I'm definitely interested.

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
November 7, 2008, 02:47 PM
Yep, the Optima PRO (NOT the regular Optima) is a switch barrel deal just like the T/C Encores & Contenders. They've been out 2 or 3 years, but don't seem to get much exposure/traction - dunno how they work.

alemonkey
November 7, 2008, 09:17 PM
Not too great of a review here:

http://www.chuckhawks.com/optima_pro.htm

Crazy Fingers
November 8, 2008, 12:01 AM
Don't know about the pro, but my buddy had a .243 Optima (Elite?) and it was just another single shot rifle. Handloads brought it to 1 MOA but it was very picky.

RKellogg
November 9, 2008, 07:04 PM
Maybe I would be better off saveing some more money and getting a Encore . Didn't really want to spend that much .

If you enjoyed reading about "CVA Rifles" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!