What we can DO to feel good in this time of trial

PDA

No Fear
November 7, 2008, 05:46 PM
1. Take a non gun owning guy shooting

2. Buy a high capacity firearm IF, and ONLY if the price is not inflated.

3. Buy a good quality high capacity magazine for an AR and/or AK, even if you don't have that gun.

4. Email the twits at the republican party (http://www.gop.com/Connect/ContactUs.htm) that they had better start opening their ears to the voters. Tell them they GAVE the democrats the congress AND NOW the white house by expanding the size of the federal government and it's scary powers. Give them ideas of how they can work to help us take back the house of representatives-PRIORITY ONE. I repeat, our top priority at this point is to take back the U.S. House. Set fear aside. Set panic aside. Set anger at Obama aside. Put eyes on the short term goal or we are screwed.

5. If you at least have a garage, get your FFL so you can work from the inside and so we become a larger target. http://www.atf.gov/dcof/index.htm

6. Send HAND WRITTEN post cards to all of your members of the U.S. house and U.S. senate, telling them that any votes for gun bans = you voting to take their power.

If you enjoyed reading about "What we can DO to feel good in this time of trial" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Omaha-BeenGlockin
November 7, 2008, 06:18 PM
Load up a box of ammo.

Archie
November 7, 2008, 06:32 PM
Allow me to second the proposition. The very worst thing we can do is panic and run helter-skelter crying and wailing.

I know no one's politics here, but it is only Repubican opposition that will prevent a Democrat (liberal) gun ban of any type. Such gun ban may or may not include assault weapons, anything semi-automatic, handguns and lawful concealed weapon carry.

If you don't like Republicans, then get just enough elected to block gun control but not enough to run the place.

Republicans, look at the candidates. I'm a Republican and I voted for a Democrat state representative in California because his record was more pro-gun than the Republican challenger.

Get involved.

bdickens
November 7, 2008, 06:50 PM
Drown your sorrows in a bottle of cheap gin.

OregonJohnny
November 7, 2008, 06:55 PM
I'm seriously thinking about getting a centerfire reloading kit to start reloading my own. I've always wanted to take up reloading, and now seems like the perfect time. The cheapest box of 50 rounds of .44 Magnum or .44 Special ammo I can find anywhere is about $30. The antis will probably try to tax ammunition until it is completely unaffordable to buy factory ammo. It's time.

rfurtkamp
November 7, 2008, 06:59 PM
If you at least have a garage, get your FFL so you can work from the inside and so we become a larger target.

Getting a FFL you have no intention of doing as a business for profit isn't permissible, nor is it ethically excusable to actively mislead on the forms.

Why would you expose yourself to the recordkeeping requirements, audits, harassment, and potential for searches, as well as the potential liability associated with selling firearms professionally if not to engage in a primary business?

I'm trying to figure out why anyone would become a FFL to 'feel good' or fight some sort of fight; you constrain yourself massively in doing so, nothing more.

And for a whopping 10% or so discount on some products.

OzarkCountryBoy
November 7, 2008, 07:10 PM
Feel good about dying for what you believe in!

Starship1st
November 7, 2008, 07:49 PM
Get actively involved with your local politics. Push to help elect people who believe as you do. Buy more guns. :cool:

RioShooter
November 7, 2008, 07:55 PM
Drown your sorrows in a bottle of cheap gin.

My preference is single malt scotch.

jad0110
November 7, 2008, 07:56 PM
Feel good about dying for what you believe in!

Well, let's pray and work hard for RKBA so that hopefully we dont' have to go there. :)

gunseller2
November 7, 2008, 08:00 PM
Well Wed morning I went out and bought a M1 Thompson (oh be still it was the semi) and a Remington Rand 1911a1 to keep it company on those cold New England nights. Whenever I get depressed I like to buy a little something for the safe.

plumberroy
November 7, 2008, 08:07 PM
I think we need to start now supporting some one at the grass root level As far as I am concerned that person is Sarah Palin she must be doing something right to have so many politicians on both sides bad mouthin' her
Roy

No Fear
November 7, 2008, 09:25 PM
Getting a FFL you have no intention of doing as a business for profitHuh? That's not what I said. Of COURSE one would do business if one had an FFL. What planet ru on?

rfurtkamp
November 7, 2008, 10:30 PM
Huh? That's not what I said. Of COURSE one would do business if one had an FFL. What planet ru on?

You're advocating getting a FFL to be some sort of 'larget target' or something in a hairbrained political scheme; I've read the other threads.

It's not about primarily doing business or seeking a livelihood in firearms, it's some cockamamey scheme.

If you enjoyed reading about "What we can DO to feel good in this time of trial" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!