I'm selling my guns.

PDA

MIL-DOT
November 7, 2008, 07:43 PM
Yes, in light of recent events, I've decided it's in my best interest, not to mention.......the childrens, to liquidate my glorious arsenal of.....well, who cares, since it won't be around much longer.
Unfortunately, I don't feel I should offer my THR brethren the opportunity to purchase my once beloved toys, though they'll surely all go quickly at the 10-cents-on-the-dollar price I'll be asking, because I wouldn't want you, my friends, to be at the buisness end of any future..."inquiries". I'm only looking out for you,something we all need to get used to,and I'm sure you would expect no less.
Of course, I'll continue to lurk, offering on occasion, my peculiar brand of insight,wisdom,advice,wit and sarcasm, but it all will be hypothetical and rhetorical at that point. Yet, I will do so,secure in the knowledge that the world will be safer, as will I,comfortably armed with my cordless phone with 911 on speed dial.

If you enjoyed reading about "I'm selling my guns." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
longdayjake
November 7, 2008, 07:47 PM
may i be the first to raise the bs flag?

Roadwild17
November 7, 2008, 07:48 PM
I dont think Mil-Dot is a BS kind of guy. That being said, dont give up the fight. If everyone just threw in the towel when things look grim, where would we be right now.

MIL-DOT
November 7, 2008, 07:54 PM
Good God, people !! Work with me here !!!! :scrutiny:

OregonJohnny
November 7, 2008, 07:57 PM
People apparently didn't notice the "wit and sarcasm" part of your OP.

fxstchewy
November 7, 2008, 07:58 PM
Me Too.......selling all of mine while I can. :cuss:

gvnwst
November 7, 2008, 08:00 PM
Okay, this is confusing. Maybe a stupid question, but do you actually plan to sell all your guns?:confused:

Frightener 88
November 7, 2008, 08:03 PM
Yes *wink* i believe he is selling his guns *wink wink*

gvnwst
November 7, 2008, 08:04 PM
EDIT: nevermind

Jdude
I am with Mil-Dot. I've realised how scary black rifles really are. I hit it with a sledge hammer so it won't fall into the hands of criminals anymore. The rest of them I am going to take to the police buy back. I will only keep the broken one as a reminder of how dangerous spray firing from the hip is.

KegCommando
Darn it, I came to look at this thread for a possible good deal.

For the record, I've never owned any firearms, nor will I ever. I just come here because people are kind enough to reply. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Officers'Wife
One of the basics of the philosophy I grew up with is that everybody has a God given right to screw up their lives as they see fit. If that is truly your decision I wish you well. However, please consider that while I no longer sleep with a teddy bear I still keep it around just in case a child or myself should need comfort.

Selena

Prince Yamato
November 7, 2008, 08:05 PM
Puh-shaw! I turned all my guns in at a buy-back. I didn't even take any money for them! I'm morally superior to you Mil-Dot! :neener:

kd7nqb
November 7, 2008, 08:06 PM
It is my belief that many black rifles will be lost in tragic boating accidents in the next few months.

DRYHUMOR
November 7, 2008, 08:14 PM
MIL-DOT,

I beat you to it, I sold everything I had on Weds morning. I guess it's true what they say about "profit through volume".

I made enough money (after setting aside enough for taxes, just in case) to go to the Chevy dealer and browse around.

Well, wouldn't ya know it, things being slow, and me having a pocket full of money, I worked a deal on the sweetest used Corvette you ever did see.

I even had enough money left over to find me a new ex wife!

indoorsoccerfrea
November 7, 2008, 08:15 PM
with everyone trying to get guns, stuff sure sells quick doesn't it?

bakert
November 7, 2008, 08:15 PM
Yet, I will do so,secure in the knowledge that the world will be safer, as will I,comfortably armed with my cordless phone with 911 on speed dial.

Yep, you will be much safer and sleep better at night, especially with that speed dial ready in case of emergency:uhoh:

DRYHUMOR
November 7, 2008, 08:17 PM
Who will answer that 911 call at 3 AM?

Jdude
November 7, 2008, 08:20 PM
The cops from the gun buybacks. I mean, with the inventory they have now, criminals should be trembling in fear.

Hk91-762mm
November 7, 2008, 08:23 PM
indoorsoccerfrea with everyone trying to get guns, stuff sure sells quick doesn't it?
Oh yea this administration is the reason !
I know a neighbors son who a bit of a snake==he had a small table set up on our side road selling yard sale stuff. He made the comment --You still have all those guns [how he knew Ill never know ] I told him He** NO how do you think I paid for my house !!
That said --I sold the rest at a gun show last year.
EXCEPT My handguns ====They are REGISTERED and on a PERMIT--the sheriff knows every pistol I own :cuss: confiscation of those guns would be easy --First I give them all the bullets then they take all the pistols ..

tmajors
November 7, 2008, 08:26 PM
You still have guns to sell? Lost all of mine in a fire, on a boat, covered by an avalance

tmcguire
November 7, 2008, 08:30 PM
Why is everyone selling / getting rid of their guns?

Jdude
November 7, 2008, 08:37 PM
The unicorns that fart rainbows will be here soon. Guns are just an obstacle to whirled peas, their favorite meal.

tribbles
November 7, 2008, 08:37 PM
Guns? What guns? :scrutiny:

armoredman
November 7, 2008, 08:41 PM
I love unicorns, they don't carry guns.

Pramunitus
November 7, 2008, 08:42 PM
Perhaps some are "losing" their guns in part out of fear of coming extractions similar to New Orleans" Katrina experience, and in part jest.

I only know I set mine out for cleaning this morning, only to return to find a mysterious whirlwind had swept them out the door. :eek:

The good news is, this will save the "authorities" the trouble of collecting them when the time finally comes to save humanity.

telomerase
November 7, 2008, 08:43 PM
Why is everyone selling / getting rid of their guns?

Because when all guns are illegal, you might as well have grenade launchers and phased-array microwaves instead.

Mounted on the humps of unicorns, of course... you'll see one in the Smithsonian. It's called a "zumbarouk", IIRC.

possum
November 7, 2008, 08:46 PM
i am not selling my guns, but my wife has inherited all of mine.

2nd 41
November 7, 2008, 09:15 PM
i am not selling my guns, but my wife has inherited all of mine.
I'm not selling of my guns....but I'll take a good offer on my wife.

Sepia
November 7, 2008, 09:17 PM
Guns are a myth.. just like the easter bunny and the bill of rights! Besides... all my guns ran away with my two Picasso paintings and my 1965 corvette....

black_powder_Rob
November 7, 2008, 09:22 PM
Well my dog ate mine, guess i shouldn't have forgot to feed her.

ZombieHunter
November 7, 2008, 09:24 PM
My gun fell into a paper shredder...it made a HORRIBLE noise.

2nd 41
November 7, 2008, 09:25 PM
My wife left with my guns. I sure miss them.

Float Pilot
November 7, 2008, 09:30 PM
All mine recently sank in a horrible boating accident.
My skiff sank in a hundred fathoms of salt water.
It was Tuesday night as I recall.
Fortunately my humor bag was rescued.

Prince Yamato
November 7, 2008, 10:19 PM
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns... the rest of us will have flamethrowers, which are not federally regulated. :evil:

No Fear
November 7, 2008, 10:43 PM
I'm not selling of my guns....but I'll take a good offer on my wife.What form do you use to transfer a wife?

My wife left with my guns. I sure miss them.Give us a pic of her, you and the guns so we can decide who to have sympathy for ;)

pbearperry
November 7, 2008, 10:51 PM
I got a Browning Hi Power for my wife.Best trade I have ever made.

yeti
November 7, 2008, 10:55 PM
Ya, Unicorns do carry:what:, I know, they just bought my last EBR, one of the few that wasn't caught up in the terrible out house -- sink hole:eek: disaster of October of '08.:scrutiny:

bthest86
November 7, 2008, 10:58 PM
I with you Mil-dot.

Tomorrow I'll be crushing my collection with a backhoe and burying what's left of them.

I'll be sure to post lots of pictures of it.

devilc
November 7, 2008, 11:02 PM
Go to Obama's website.
There is a massive forum there.
Post them for sale there.

PILMAN
November 7, 2008, 11:03 PM
I cried realizing how scary my black rifles really were, I realize one day I am going to die and those rifles will be around and potentially harm innocent children or people that didn't intend to be on the other end. I realize how potentially dangerous these "tools" really are, they are designed for military use and combat, not for a safe suburban American neighborhood in Miami. I have decided to donate my weapons to the police department and have destroyed my ammunition. God bless a safer America

*cough cough* bull**** *cough cough*

SamTuckerMTNMAN
November 7, 2008, 11:04 PM
you guys are the best

Texpatriate
November 7, 2008, 11:12 PM
Yeah,
I just sold all mine too. The wife and I couldn't stand the though of those evil things being around with our little ones. So they're all gone now, sold them to a nice older gentleman that I met in a gun store a while back. Maybe I'll buy a single shot shotgun one day in the distant future after the kids are grown, but I don't really see the need for any guns around our house for a while.

The Annoyed Man
November 7, 2008, 11:14 PM
Knock, knock!!

Honey! Somebody's at the door! Never mind, I'll get it... mumble grumble....

OH, hello Herr Obenfuhrer. How may I help you?

My guns? No, I don't have any guns. You heard that I do? Well, I used to.

What happened to them? Well, I sold them all a while back. The guy's name? Let's see... Joe? Jerry? Jim? I'm sorry I don't remember. No, since Texas law didn't require any of that for a face to face transaction at the time, I never gave him any kind of receipt or got his signature for any of it. He seemed like a straight up kind of guy.

What did he look like? Well, let's see... He was dark complected, but to be truthful, I couldn't tell you if he was of Hispanic, Middle Eastern, or Mediterranean extraction; or maybe he was just a southern cracker with a good tan.

Sorry I couldn't be more help to you Herr Obenfuhrer. Have a nice day sir.

Shhhhh! Honey, is he gone yet? I better get out to the deer lease and make sure nobody can see from the air where I dug that hole!

happybrew
November 7, 2008, 11:42 PM
Guns? Commissar, I was the victim of identity theft. When you find that guy, let me know because I'm really mad at him. I serve the Glory of the Revolution!

gallo
November 7, 2008, 11:47 PM
Eight months ago I sold my arsenal and donated the proceeds to the Obama campaign.

plainsbilly
November 8, 2008, 02:02 AM
guns what guns I already turned them into that nice gentleman from the ATF that was here yesterday:uhoh: what do you mean MR JBT that he wasnt from the ATF:evil:

MAGNUM44
November 8, 2008, 02:48 AM
Is this what OBAMA ment by sharing the wealth?

glockdriver
November 8, 2008, 03:28 AM
Remember B.A.T.F.,,,,,,Bury All Thy Firearms

Smith
November 8, 2008, 03:46 AM
You guys have GUNS?! :what: Those things kill people!!!

jakk280rem
November 8, 2008, 03:47 AM
this is honestly the funniest thread i have read in a year. this is why i keep coming here.

jordan1948
November 8, 2008, 03:48 AM
the rest of us will have flamethrowers, which are not federally regulated.

Waaaaay ahead of you, I've got 3 I'm building right now all in various sizes of course lol.

As far as guns go I've never owned/fired a gun in my life I just like to dream and pretend I have.

Ignition Override
November 8, 2008, 03:49 AM
This is a superb offer to MIL DOT.:)

To help him unload a possible common, evil, "high-powered" SKS assault rifle :evil:(that distinct gas tube and overall mil. design will help destroy our western civilization), my generous offer of $30 will help reduce his guilt. Just touching one can turn a guy into a stone-cold Third World Guerrilla. Its mere presence sends shock waves of cultural corruption into modern, urbane, wimpy humanity (sadly-even here at the Art Walk in Fairhope, AL. But a friend of theirs in a gallery who taught school in Pakistan kept a personal AK-47 in Peshawar, so there IS hope for many down here).

Can meet you tomorrow in central Alabama on my way north from Fairhope to western TN. Will look forward to your pm and will furnish my cellphone number for a secret rendezvous behind a McDonald's.

Heck-this covert technique worked fine for my present 'cherry' SKS just north of I-40 in central TN.....just several miles east of the big river.

Pilot
November 8, 2008, 04:35 AM
Sadly, I've lost all of mine in a tragic boating accident. Damn election night sails!!!

DRYHUMOR
November 8, 2008, 07:07 AM
:(:(:( woe is me, terrible, simply terrible

My new ex wife, (see post 15) pulled a pistol on me and made off with my new Corvette.

I knew she was only in it for the money, :mad: nice one too (the pistol). I'm pretty sure it was a P225, nominal wear, W German, had a nice set (grips), tritium sights.

Sigh... I guess maybe I shouldn't have sold off all of my guns. Now I feel vulnerable, un protected, an easy mark. I sure hope crime doesn't skyrocket because everyone is selling off their guns before the big confiscation, those poor policemen (and women) will simply be worked to death. I imagine all the stress and shootings will really jackup health care costs for everyone, what with the revolving doors they will have to put in the hospitals.

I guess I really just didn't think it all through... :rolleyes:

Dookie
November 8, 2008, 07:44 AM
What are guns, all I have is two sticks and a whistle.

hso
November 8, 2008, 08:53 AM
I'm going to the gunshow this weekend to sell all of mine as well. Of course every time I take one to the show to sell I end up with 2 more so I don't think I'll probably need to buy a new bigger safe to put all the guns in from selling all my old guns.

db_tanker
November 8, 2008, 09:00 AM
Of course, Texas has no records of personal transactions...so I am currently without firearms.

I just come in here to read what all you terrible sinners are doing with those evil machines that brainwash their owners into going into shooting rampages.

:D

Ohio Gun Guy
November 8, 2008, 09:09 AM
Sold mine :uhoh:

People have been buying them for much more than I have in them and I havent used them in a long time. I think I'll take the money and make my house more "Green". I have been looking at solar panels or a windmill.

Floppy_D
November 8, 2008, 10:11 AM
You guys are way behind the reloading forum. People over there don't even own guns, they just reload because it's relaxing and meditative. I don't even own guns, I just keep that big stack of wheel weights and brass to maintain my zen.

caseypj
November 8, 2008, 10:21 AM
I'm sure the streets are safer now that you've turned in your guns! Who cares if the criminals are still armed, those guns like to run off on their own and do all sorts of naughty things. Why, just the other day, I could have sworn my Glock went and robbed a Circle K, all on it's own!

tac34
November 8, 2008, 10:45 AM
The only thing i have left is my Daisy Red Ryder high capicity repeater in a 40watt range.

U.S.SFC_RET
November 8, 2008, 10:51 AM
I confess:
I turned them all into an iron monument and dedicated it to the rainbow. The evil ghosts all let out a sigh at the foundry. :evil:

bdickens
November 8, 2008, 11:07 AM
:cuss: I'm keeping all mine and saving up to buy some more! In fact, I just bought an old Hy-Hunter .22 SA revolver at the last gun show.

lions
November 8, 2008, 12:34 PM
MIL-DOT has opened my eyes to the horrible guilty feeling in the pit of my stomach. You all know it, its the feeling that comes from firearm ownership. I have been able to suppress it for so long that I actually started to believe what all the right-wing wackos say about guns. I know that the time has come, due to my moral convictions, when I must sell my guns. I will probably sell them to some guy with a very forgettable face and name. Or maybe I will take them by boat to a town down the river and try to sell them there. My canoe has developed a small leak over the past few weeks but it should hold up until I can get my life turned around.

wyocarp
November 8, 2008, 12:44 PM
Traitors! I have guns. You will have to take them from me by use of force!

JTW Jr.
November 8, 2008, 01:11 PM
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns

more like " When guns are outlawed, only ex-wives will have guns "

or as my brother in law puts it " When guns are outlawed, only in-laws (me ) will have guns " ;)

TCB in TN
November 8, 2008, 01:14 PM
traitors? :what:Dude take a chill pill!

I had to sell all of my guns to pay off bills, as we are about to start building a house! I did some research and the local LEO response time to an emergency call in my area is about 15 minutes. I feel so safe now, because what could possibly happen to me in 15 minutes............

craig
November 8, 2008, 01:23 PM
guns??? i sold mine to buy a tank of gas and stock in lehman brothers about 8 months ago. :cool:

jrou111
November 8, 2008, 01:24 PM
I sold all of mine and used the money to buy a couple of brown shirts to wear. :D

david_the_greek
November 8, 2008, 01:33 PM
I melted mine down because I recognized that the second one comes into my hands, I no longer have the ability to be rational or reasonable. I did however make a nice monument dedicated to all the brave UN blue pots out there... I made a group of them riding unicorns while flower pedals rained down on them. Unfortunately for some reason everytime I made a UN blue pot, it seemed to be full of holes. I guess old habits (opinions...) die hard ; )

javier
November 8, 2008, 01:51 PM
My brother-in-law who passed away about 2yrs. ago,left to me about 7 shot-guns. And since I, myself am not a hunter; I was thinking about selling them. But I'm not sure what the laws are in my state (Illinois) in order to procede with such action. And another thing, where could I go (web-site)to find out what these guns might be worth. Any help would be greatly apreciated.:confused:

Dave Workman
November 8, 2008, 01:58 PM
Please...
This is hardly the time for tongue-in-cheek sarcasm.

Sepia
November 8, 2008, 02:09 PM
I think we are well passed the "tongue-in-cheek" point:neener:

onebigelf
November 8, 2008, 02:22 PM
And let me be the first to say that if the inquiry is every raised that I will REMEMBER the fact that you did in fact say you were doing so, and so certainly have none left. Just refer those official gentlemen to me.

John

Apachedriver
November 9, 2008, 10:10 AM
I sold all of mine a couple of days ago. The guy thinks he got a great bargain even though I told him they were damaged goods.

You see, I bought them after hearing that scary guns go off on their own all the time. I figured, well hell, now I won't have to wake up at night if someone breaks into my house. The guns will take care of it. Well, the break-in last week proved they didn't work :uhoh:...but I slept right thru so it wasn't a total loss for me.

You know, the more I think about it... maybe it's because they were semi-autos. Maybe what I need for my home security are full-autos. Yeah that's what it must be...well back to the gun store tomorrow...unless any one here still has anything for sale.:p

ultradoc
November 9, 2008, 10:15 AM
I gave mine away years ago durning the Clinton years.

45Frank
November 9, 2008, 10:25 AM
What kind of people are you! With the new home based Gastopo that our president is forming just to make us safer why do you need all those baby killing guns anyway, shame on you. He be the man.

Oh by the way don't spend all the money from the profit on your guns you have to share that wealth with all of us. So hand over the keys to the new Chevy.

jhansman
November 9, 2008, 05:02 PM
I gave all my guns to the police ('cause they what to do with 'em) the minute the election was called. I don't want to endanger my family by having such things around.

(removes tongue firmly planted in cheek...)

f4t9r
November 9, 2008, 09:28 PM
I sold all mine a couple weeks back. I just needed money to get a new computer

Sean Dempsey
November 9, 2008, 09:51 PM
I don't know why you are all selling your guns when you can just wrap them in plastic bags and bury them in the backyard or under the doghouse.

grilledcheese
November 9, 2008, 10:09 PM
What are these "Gun" thingies you people keep referring to?

And isn't this a hiking forum?:D

Jeffrey

MaddMedic
November 9, 2008, 10:17 PM
I had a gun(s) once!!
I might still have some laying around!!
And I intend to keep them.
Or you be prying them from my cold dead fingers!!

Here we go. Part of Obama’s transition platform:

As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn’t have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

akodo
November 9, 2008, 10:31 PM
Yea, I sold all my guns too!

To total strangers cheap because guns are evil....

No, you can't look at what is in my gun safe because...umm....I filled it with embarassing 'marital aids'

rbernie
November 9, 2008, 11:06 PM
In an effort to comply with the 'reasonable restrictions' proposed by IANSA, I have sold all my EBRs and used to proceeds to purchase single-shot shotguns.

Good thing I can still keep and bear arms.

ndh87
November 9, 2008, 11:45 PM
Yea, unfortunately I lost a few to a car accident. And the rest got lost on a camping trip when my canoe flipped over. Such a shame...

Ohio Gun Guy
November 10, 2008, 12:05 AM
Just sold the last two 5 min. ago. I got 250.00 :D for the AK and SKS with 500 rounds of ammo. Now I dont have to worry if they are banned.

Mobal
November 10, 2008, 05:00 PM
This is too funny!

IN>IL
November 10, 2008, 05:41 PM
My guns got up in the middle of the night last night and tried to get out of the house... I think they planned to go out and kill some innocent person. Even if they didn't plan on being violent, it's better to be safe than sorry!

Therefore, unfortunately, I had to put them down this morning.

Those things kill people, you know?

mongo4567
November 10, 2008, 08:21 PM
I sold all mine yesterday. I bought a mule for home defense: I hear they are very protective. All the burgulars will tremble in fear of my Obama-approved attack mule.

Huddog
November 10, 2008, 09:54 PM
Is this website about guns???????????????? I'm in the wrong place.

Klusterbuck
November 11, 2008, 02:09 PM
I actually just lost all of mine in a tragic boating accident this weekend..... I guess, I need to program my speeddial also. I don't want to replace them the world is safer without them.

wadcutter45
November 11, 2008, 02:35 PM
This has got to be the dumbest thread I have ever read on this forum.

If you enjoyed reading about "I'm selling my guns." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!