Nei mold review

PDA

tcrocker
November 7, 2008, 09:48 PM
I got to test fire my new mold It's a NEI 458-440-GC . The ww weight is 464gr with .35 meplat. I am using IMR 4198 37gr with cci mag primers Hornandy gas checks. At 50yds all shots touched, I use Williams peep and Marbles green fiber optic. I have a pinger made of 1" steel plate, the target part is a 6" diamond, it will stand it straight up in the air. The only other gun that will out due this is my 458 win mag. I shot it into a red clay bank today (if you live in Alabama you know the stuff) the clay was wet with lots of small rocks. The shock wave made a 3" hole in the clay about 4" deep, the boolit went in 3 more inchs. Needless to say I am pleased with this. I have no way to tell how fast they are going but if my math holds up I'll say it's about 1596fps. The recoil is a little stiff but no bad but if you shoot big boomers recoil is a part of life. The recovered weight was254gr. I hope this is interesting to someone.

If you enjoyed reading about "Nei mold review" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Walkalong
November 8, 2008, 09:44 AM
(if you live in Alabama you know the stuff)
Yep, great stuff for seeing bullet performance.

If you enjoyed reading about "Nei mold review" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!