What globe sight inserts are compatible.

PDA

scythefwd
November 8, 2008, 02:10 AM
I have a redfield front site (I think it's the olympic model) on my mossberg 44. Since inserts are a bit difficult to find, what inserts are compatible with this globe (are all of them?)? Also, I do have the olympic rear sights. What third party apertures are compatible or what is a good source to get the original steel ones?

If you enjoyed reading about "What globe sight inserts are compatible." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
scythefwd
November 8, 2008, 03:15 AM
MODS - Please move this to competition shooting. I had a brain fart and put it in rifles.

KTHNXBYE

Sheldon
November 8, 2008, 03:24 AM
Ebay is about the best place I have seen for the originals. Champion Shooters and Champion's Choice both sell some compatible inserts, mainly the clear and translucent globe type.

Jim Watson
November 8, 2008, 07:47 AM
Buffalo Arms has sight inserts.
http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/2,223.html

sniper5
November 8, 2008, 11:09 AM
I THINK (lot's of caveats, quid pro quos, disclaimers and small print attached) that Lyman, Williams, Redfield, etc. all use the same thread size for rear apertures, and the same insert size for front apertures. The reason I say this is that on my 513T I have a box of rear apertures in every size in a mixed lot from all the above and I can interchange all of them. I have used front apertures from the above with no problems also. Anschutz, on the other hand, is it's own game and everything that I know of is incompatible with any of the American made stuff.

Just based on MOE.

scythefwd
November 8, 2008, 11:57 PM
The anschutz has a redfield on it, but this is for my marlin 44, which is also supposed to be close to moa.

If you enjoyed reading about "What globe sight inserts are compatible." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!