General Gun Ban

PDA

Kestral
November 8, 2008, 10:38 AM
Dont know if you have already seen this,but it shows what happens if & when guns are banned.Kestral.

If you enjoyed reading about "General Gun Ban" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Walkalong
November 8, 2008, 10:46 AM
Unfortunately, the anti's don't care. :cuss:

Treo
November 8, 2008, 12:44 PM
There are a lot of people out there who believe that the goal of the Antis is to turn America into a true Communist state or subjugate us under a one-world government. Its not discussed much here because such topics are verboten, but in order for anything like that to take place they must first disarm the country. Hence gun control laws.

My personal opinion is that true are not the left is winning the culture war. If they really want our guns all they need to do is continue to vilify guns, gun owners and hunters to the young and in a generation or so our kids and grand kids will just turn them in.

JImbothefiveth
November 8, 2008, 12:46 PM
I think the brady campaign actually does believe gun control will stop crime.

However, statistics say otherwise.

RP88
November 8, 2008, 01:02 PM
considering the people who head the organization, and why they started it, I'm just going to say that they are just irrationally afraid of guns. they took an emotional knee-jerk response to someone's husband getting shot in the head and - through manipulation and fear-mongering - pushed it onto everyone else with the same disposition. Grieving mothers from VA Tech, people who had friends gunned down by ruthless criminals, people and people who had children who were too stupid to figure out how to not shoot themselves with a gun, etc. etc.

I wouldn't consider most of the them idealists as I would emotional wrecks.

specialk123
November 8, 2008, 01:51 PM
Not that I would want to give the anti's extra fodder, but I think its important that if we are rallying behind information, it should be correct. Nothing makes us look more like "gun-toting fanatics" than spewing stats and figures that aren't necessarily true.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/ausguns.asp

blkbrd666
November 8, 2008, 02:27 PM
Okay, since that was in question...look at it from another perspective.

http://www.rense.com/general9/gunlaw.htm

If you enjoyed reading about "General Gun Ban" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!