CA compliant AR

PDA

chriso
November 8, 2008, 01:42 PM
Im going to build up a AR with the bullet button config I want it to be a good defense carbine but accurate good for plinking im thinking of 6.8 since I will be reloading for it probably or even a 308 so I can share ammo with my precision rifle... Im wanting to atleast ket the lower assembly next week who makes a good lower and parts kit? 100 percent reliable and quality i was thinking stag??? im not to good on this ar stuff i was also thinking of one of those new xcr rifles...
any info would be appreciated!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "CA compliant AR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArmedBear
November 8, 2008, 02:30 PM
.308 requires a different lower (AR-10) because the cartridge is longer. The magwell of an AR-10 is larger. I forget which AR-10's are off-list in California.

AR-10's are larger and heavier. If you want a good defensive carbine, think 5.56 or 6.8 instead.

Go to http://www.calguns.net for all the info you'd ever want.

chriso
November 8, 2008, 03:35 PM
The weight is not much of an issue i just liked the idea of sharing ammunition... and I like the 7.62 round... does the 6.8 use the same lower as .223?

chriso
November 8, 2008, 04:50 PM
any help???

chriso
November 8, 2008, 05:40 PM
And also anyone know of any places I can get a lower and parts kit and upper near stockton california??? no local stores around here are accepting OLL's or anything...

If you enjoyed reading about "CA compliant AR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!