What do you use to clean your gun stock?

PDA

burningrav
November 8, 2008, 03:53 PM
I've got all the cleaning products picked out that I'll need to clean the bore and metal parts of the gun but what product would you to give a good thorough clean to a synthetic stock on a rifle? I'm talking about some sort of solvent that will really clean outside of just using water and a rag. I've also got some wood stocks that I'd like to clean up real good as well so what do you use to polish them up?

If you enjoyed reading about "What do you use to clean your gun stock?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
plainsbilly
November 8, 2008, 04:04 PM
welcome to THR
birchwood casey has a synthetic stock cleaner for wood stocks I just use whatever high grade fine furniture cleaner polish that I happen to have around

CRITGIT
November 8, 2008, 04:30 PM
Any car product designed for vinyl/plastic works well. I've also used Simple Green with great results. I always treat my with a UV protector like 303 afterwards.
For wood the best product I've found is Howard's Feed & Wax which is available at Home Depot and other hardware outlets for under $8.00
I avoid "spray on" furniture "polishes" as they are little more than silicon sprays which isn't particularly good, long term for wood.

CRITGIT

burningrav
November 8, 2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks! Anyone have a specific vinyl/plastic car product or something else that works well on synthetic gun stocks??

taliv
November 8, 2008, 09:37 PM
I can't recall ever cleaning one of my stocks. I guess the dirt just wears off :)

If you enjoyed reading about "What do you use to clean your gun stock?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!