Wideners is showing a 14 day shipping delay on their website

PDA

XD-40 Shooter
November 8, 2008, 06:59 PM
I guess they must be pretty overwhelmed with all the panic buying that is going on, probably doing a pretty good business right now. Last week they had 177 cases of Wolf small pistol primers in stock, now they have zero!:eek:

If you enjoyed reading about "Wideners is showing a 14 day shipping delay on their website" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Vegaslaith
November 8, 2008, 08:01 PM
Yup, that's panic buying for you. I ordered some stuff from AIM on Nov. 2 and it still hasn't shipped! I don't blame them though. They've got to be really backlogged.

johncantiusgarand
November 9, 2008, 05:17 PM
I know the owner. He told me just a few days ago that this is the worst panic buying he's ever seen--even worse than in 1994. He said that he was down to his last pallet of 7.62 X 39 (may be gone now--that was about a week ago). On a good note, he added that not long before the election he had negotiated with the Israelis for an entire container of IMI M193 5.56. I don't know how many rounds that amounts to, but given that 1,000 rounds of privi partisan came in a box smaller than one foot square, an entire container must be....? I bet that will sell out quickly now, though.

Vegaslaith
November 9, 2008, 09:07 PM
I work for a shoe company here in NV and sometimes have to unload containers. (God, those things are like ovens in the summer). Anyway, those things are about 50' long by 10' wide and 8' high. Do the math. That's A LOT of ammo.

Vegaslaith
November 9, 2008, 09:10 PM
I know the owner. He told me just a few days ago that this is the worst panic buying he's ever seen--even worse than in 1994.

That's probably because the internet was just starting to take root in 1994. By and large, the 2A community is much more organized now. Its much easier to stay on top of pending legislation and word travels a lot faster.

If you enjoyed reading about "Wideners is showing a 14 day shipping delay on their website" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!