Berry plated 115 gr 9mm w/ H. Universal

PDA

TStorm
November 8, 2008, 08:45 PM
Anyone used this combination before? What recipe have you used?

Hodgdon states 115 FMJ @ 5.0 gr on the can and loading table for Universal.

Speer shows 115 FMJ @ 4.7-5.3 gr w/ H. Universal.

This was my very first run. Given these are plated and the info above, I started w/ a few @ 4.7gr and they felt a little hot after running a magazine with GA Arms 115gr. I know comparing feel is not very accurate, and comparing factory reloads to mine adds another variable.

I backed down to 4.3 gr and cranked out 100 this afternoon. I may run through some @ local IDPA tomorrow. May have opportunity to borrow a chrono afterwards.

Thanks in advance!

If you enjoyed reading about "Berry plated 115 gr 9mm w/ H. Universal" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
D. Manley
November 8, 2008, 09:05 PM
From my notes FWIW, 4.5 to 5.0 grains shot well for me with 115 grain jacketed. Your velocity should be a bit higher on the plated rounds so I'd think 4.3/4.8 should do very well and shoot nicely. Bench them for accuracy, find the load that both groups well and has a "feel" you like...then, enjoy your success.

If you enjoyed reading about "Berry plated 115 gr 9mm w/ H. Universal" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!