Bud's pulled all but a few of their ARs from their web site.

PDA

harmonic
November 8, 2008, 09:36 PM
I checked their site before the Wananmacher show this morning, and this afternoon they had pulled all but a few of the ARs from their ads.

I guess they want to capitalize off the fever?

If you enjoyed reading about "Bud's pulled all but a few of their ARs from their web site." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mainsail
November 8, 2008, 09:54 PM
They were probably sold to local customers.

caseypj
November 8, 2008, 10:04 PM
Mainsail, they're not even showing as out of stock, they're missing entirely.

Gord
November 8, 2008, 11:48 PM
I guess they want to capitalize off the fever?

Couldn't possibly be that they just want to do their customers (and themselves) a service by removing the rifles that sold out quickly (because they were cheap, probably) and which they have no ability to get more stock of so that no one's time is wasted calling about them.

Mainsail
November 8, 2008, 11:49 PM
This is posted on the AIM site:
11/07/2008 Memo to our Customers:

As you know, we at AIM and others in the firearms industry are experiencing an extraordinarily high demand for the products we sell.
This extreme demand compares only to the spike experienced in 1993-1994 when the Brady Bill became law.

Although we will do all we can to insure the fulfillment of your order(s) in its entirety, we are experiencing product shortages that may result in backorders or delays of specific product from your order.

We ask for your patience as we work diligently to process orders, answer phone calls and respond to the thousands of emails requesting information about orders placed and product status.

Although some have responded to this spike by raising their prices immediately after the election. You have our promise that we will make every effort to maintain our advertised prices until our suppliers increase our costs.

In an effort to better control our remaining inventory, we are allowing only selected products to be purchased via our website this weekend.

Thank you again for your business and your patient understanding.

Crazy times....

harmonic
November 8, 2008, 11:53 PM
This is posted on the AIM site:

Who is AIM?

koginam
November 8, 2008, 11:58 PM
Damn the free market system strikes again. I hate it when a company makes a profit and is able to stay in business.

smartshooter.45
November 9, 2008, 12:01 AM
Who is AIM?

aim surplus. google them. they have great deals on guns/ammo

Brian Dale
November 9, 2008, 04:42 AM
Here ya go: AIM Surplus. (http://www.aimsurplus.com/)

harmonic
November 9, 2008, 03:26 PM
I hate it when a company makes a profit and is able to stay in business.

Yeah, I especially like it when a company capitalizes off of panic in order to gouge its customers.

I won't be shopping Buds.

I will, however, be shopping this guy:

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317791

Phydeaux642
November 9, 2008, 04:07 PM
Damn the free market system strikes again. I hate it when a company makes a profit and is able to stay in business.

Yes, I to love companies that can make a profit and stay in business. However, I don't like companies that take advantage of their customers by taking advantage of a bad situation. Thankfully, my LGS doesn't do this and that's why I support them.

22-rimfire
November 9, 2008, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I especially like it when a company capitalizes off of panic in order to gouge its customers.

I won't be shopping Buds.

That's idiotic. You are jumping to conclusions that may not be correct. Maybe they just sold them.

Spoken as a capitalist, if I had an AR for sale today and I had two buyers. Once was willing to pay substantially more for the same gun. Who would you sell the gun to?

My guess is that since there seems to be some panic buying going on, inventories will dry up within a week. It will take a while to replenish. I bet the factories are humming this coming week!!! Maybe someone may just keep their job because of increased customer demand or they may hire additional workers. That's America!!

No Fear
November 9, 2008, 04:17 PM
I will, however, be shopping this guy:

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317791I hope he treats his customers better than he treats people who disagree with him online. He's a big fan of using personal insults.

harmonic
November 9, 2008, 04:30 PM
Maybe they just sold them.

When Buds sells out, they post "no longer in stock" beside the item.

Now they pulled the entire ad with the phrase, "There are no products to list in this category."

Let's see if tomorrow all the "no products" are back up, only with substantially higher prices.

Contrary to your unHighroad response, I think it's idiotic to patronize anybody who gouges their customers.

bugmania
November 9, 2008, 04:31 PM
Received this e-mail from Bud's this morning.

It took a couple of days, but we have managed to stabilize our replacement cost on our best selling ARs and AKs. As reported on ABCs Nightline tonight, distributors nationwide raised prices as much as 200 percent on Wednesday. Our website prices are updated hourly 24/7 to reflect our current replacement cost on each make/model. We have since contacted each of our distributors and secured our reorder costs through the end of this year.

For example, the very popular Doublestar Mil-Spec M4 A3 .223 has returned to the original price of $699 Delivered.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=411534646

Also back to $699 Delivered, the Century International Arms Model RI965X Black Synthetic 223.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=55128

Earlier this week we ordered just about every AR we could get our hands on. As a result, we have hundreds of ARs enroute to us now via UPS. We are offering reserve orders, first come -first serve, on some of these incoming firearms, like the Smith & Wesson M&P 15R 5.45X39, Model 811011 for $879 Delivered.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=55424

With all these .223 AR rifles flying off the shelves, you can bet ammo prices are the next thing to skyrocket. We have you covered there also. Our PMC .223 ammo currently remains at our pre-election price of $6.99 per box.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/74001

We appreciate your patience during this very difficult time. We will continue to work extremely hard to bring you the best prices we possibly can.

Thank you,

Your friends at www.BudsGunShop.com

harmonic
November 9, 2008, 04:32 PM
I hope he treats his customers better than he treats people who disagree with him online.

I could care less what his online persona is like, as long as he's a square shooter biz person.

No Fear
November 9, 2008, 04:40 PM
I could care less what his online persona is like, as long as he's a square shooter biz person.Yea, because it's a GREAT idea to treat people like garbage. THAT will sure unify the gun community. THAT will get new shooters to join us :rolleyes:

harmonic
November 9, 2008, 04:50 PM
Received this e-mail from Bud's this morning.

It took a couple of days, but we have managed to stabilize our replacement cost on our best selling ARs and AKs. As reported on ABCs Nightline tonight, distributors nationwide raised prices as much as 200 percent on Wednesday. Our website prices are updated hourly 24/7 to reflect our current replacement cost on each make/model. We have since contacted each of our distributors and secured our reorder costs through the end of this year.

For example, the very popular Doublestar Mil-Spec M4 A3 .223 has returned to the original price of $699 Delivered.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...s_id=411534646

Also back to $699 Delivered, the Century International Arms Model RI965X Black Synthetic 223.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id=55128

Earlier this week we ordered just about every AR we could get our hands on. As a result, we have hundreds of ARs enroute to us now via UPS. We are offering reserve orders, first come -first serve, on some of these incoming firearms, like the Smith & Wesson M&P 15R 5.45X39, Model 811011 for $879 Delivered.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id=55424

With all these .223 AR rifles flying off the shelves, you can bet ammo prices are the next thing to skyrocket. We have you covered there also. Our PMC .223 ammo currently remains at our pre-election price of $6.99 per box.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/74001

We appreciate your patience during this very difficult time. We will continue to work extremely hard to bring you the best prices we possibly can.

Thank you,

Your friends at www.BudsGunShop.com

If that's true come Tuesday AM, I guess I'll be ordering from them.

Thanx for the post.

harmonic
November 9, 2008, 04:54 PM
Yea, because it's a GREAT idea to treat people like garbage. THAT will sure unify the gun community. THAT will get new shooters to join us

You know what? If he hurt your feelings, the fact that he was banned from THR should be some consolation.

Personally, he doesn't represent me so I don't really care. And if I were to boycott every rude gun dealer in America I guess that would just about leave me to shop at Payless Shoes.

No Fear
November 9, 2008, 04:58 PM
You know what? If he hurt your feelings, the fact that he was banned from THR should be some consolation.

Personally, he doesn't represent me so I don't really care. And if I were to boycott every rude gun dealer in America I guess that would just about leave me to shop at Payless Shoes.Harmonic, I think we're close enough to being on the same page to stop beating the dead horse http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/1659/grouphugbigda6.gif

ugaarguy
November 9, 2008, 05:12 PM
Yes, I to love companies that can make a profit and stay in business. However, I don't like companies that take advantage of their customers by taking advantage of a bad situation. Thankfully, my LGS doesn't do this and that's why I support them.
Newsflash folks - some distributors have raised prices on what few AR-15s they have left. Many are out of AR-15s entirely. The dealers can only sell what they can get. Demand has increased. The reason for the demand increase doesn't matter. When supply remains the same or decreases in the face of rising demand prices go up. Welcome to our (mostly) free market society.

22-rimfire
November 9, 2008, 05:28 PM
Harmonic, see, things work out and gee wiz you may be a Bud's customer. Oh yee of little faith.... :)

ilbob
November 9, 2008, 05:32 PM
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/74001
The first two links did not work for me.

The ammo link shows a price of $7.99.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/658/products_id/74001

I can't say I blame him a whole lot for having to regroup at a time of extreme turmoil in the EBR market.

RP88
November 9, 2008, 06:04 PM
did anyone seriously not see this coming? They're trying to make a buck, yes. If you don't like it, then don't buy it.

If you can't put up with a 10% jump or more, then I have no idea on how you survived the 300% gouging in gas prices from 2000 to just a month ago that you really had no choice in paying regardless of where you went.

Gunnerpalace
November 9, 2008, 06:28 PM
-51% savings ;)

Please tell me somebody got that.

grilledcheese
November 9, 2008, 06:33 PM
I got it. What a deal! I only have to pay 151% of the retail price!:D
What a revolutionary marketing idea!

Nice.

Jeffrey

22-rimfire
November 9, 2008, 06:46 PM
That is what happened right after the AWB was enacted before. I don't see things changing. People have money in their pockets that they want to spend. I just hope you pay the rent and utility bills too. The difference today is that the internet is more available then in 1994. I only had internet at work back then and it was very limited. Not like today. So information flows very quickly and folks are getting the jump on legislation. Me, I'm not playing this time.

Brian Dale
November 9, 2008, 07:02 PM
-51% savings

Please tell me somebody got that.

Yep. Some of us like math. :)

{Edited to add: I saw the "-51% savings" posted at the site of a different merchant, not Bud's}

Eightball
November 9, 2008, 08:51 PM
Look, Bud's has a physical storefront to mind as well. I sure as heck know my family members are running down there to buy something, because we can do so.

I'm glad you guys show such disdain for the market system. Because obviously, charging what the market will support so they can earn a profit is such a terrible, terrible idea.

The market will handle the problem. Why are the ARs not in his ad? Probably because he sold them to people who were there, in person, just like anyone else with a business mind would do.

"Oh, hey, I'm here to buy X"
"I'm sorry, I'm not going to sell you X"
"Why not? I"m prepared to buy it for $70 over list"
"Well, I want to hold out for a while, and charge way under the market price so that I can't afford to replace X with a new X once it's sold"

That doesn't make sense, guys. Support you local gun shop, because they're operating in a thin margin of profit anyway, and they're ALL going to need it come Inauguration Day, if they want to stay in business.

Or, they could undercut the market price, not get a profit, and shut down--because obviously, forcing all the gun stores in your area to shut down because they can't afford to order new stock without going into debt is such a grand idea for the future of the RKBA :rolleyes:

The solution's pretty simple: If you think someone's charging too much for a product, DON'T BUY IT. Then, the person who is willing to pay that price will have the product after a ban, and you won't. That's how it goes.

SecuritySixShooter
November 9, 2008, 10:15 PM
Bud got banned from THR? Thats funny considering that i know the guy (lived close to the actual store a while back).

harmonic
November 9, 2008, 10:30 PM
Bud got banned from THR?

No. Somebody else a long time ago. Different conversation.

budsgunshop.com
November 9, 2008, 11:17 PM
Not banned....still here. It has been a crazy, crazy week. We have people throwing accusations all over the place....making incorrect assumptions rather than call/email us directly and ask for clarification. That's the one thing I do NOT care for in this cyberspace we live in now....everybody is 10 ft tall and bulletproof sitting behind their keyboard. I just turned 40 this year, and have had my ass kicked more than once over the years....but at least somebody had to actually kick it for the privilege of insulting me to my face.....now I just have to sit here and take it from every coward with a PC.

We are talking about guns here....not groceries or gasoline....if you don't like the price, just don't buy it. We are doing the best we can during a very difficult time. If we planned to close the doors in February...it would be easy to cash in on the current supply/demand crisis and laugh all the way to the bank. However, we have been here 40 years...survived the last Clinton crisis...and we fully expect to survive the Obama crisis.

Our costs to replace our inventory went up drastically this past week. We can only hope that our current inventory will last us throughout the crisis and limit our purchases during this time.

I received a call at 9:30 on Saturday morning that our retail store was completely overrun with customers wanting AR's. With the website continuing to rack up orders, and no .com employees there to pull from inventory, we decided to remove those from the website until we could review the damage on Monday. We did not want to take the chance of overselling AR's and having to cancel website orders and provide refunds to VERY upset customers.

So....we tried to do the right thing and we get slammed here on THR anyway....go figure !

cassandrasdaddy
November 9, 2008, 11:28 PM
there you go raining on the conspiracy parade with facts.... how am i gonna recoup my investment in alcoa if you do that

budsgunshop.com
November 9, 2008, 11:30 PM
Here is the post I placed on our own website forum earlier today that attempts to explain what many of you have noticed this past week.

There has been a lot of inaccurate assumptions about our "price increases" this past week. Some people out there in cyberland seem to think we actually control gun prices nationwide. I thought I would take a few minutes to educate those who have called us: "greedy", "liberals"....among several other nasty things this week. The truth is we are just another dealer who buys from a handful of distributors and manufacturers. As they control our cost, they also control your cost. We do not have people sitting around analyzing the +30,000 items on our website and pricing each individually. We simply set a margin by category (hand guns, long guns, accessories, etc.) that works for us and we add that margin to our CURRENT cost to arrive at the advertised website price.

As the manufacturers and distributors adjust their prices (both up and down) our prices adjust accordingly and automatically every hour, 24/7. Our IT staff has written software to monitor our costs from all suppliers 24/7....the software runs once every hour. Yes, there were some drastic price increases on AR's and AK's earlier in the week. If any of you saw the ABC Nightline special on firearm sales the other night, then you also saw that dealers nationwide were faced with record sales, and all their distributors either out of stock, or scrambling to raise prices to protect their remaining AR/AK inventory.

I have tried to explain to people that what we originally paid for an item is NOT the determining factor in how we price that item. The determining factor in the advertised sale price is our CURRENT REPLACEMENT COST. If we were just going to sell all the guns we had in stock and QUIT....then things might be different. However, we plan to be around for as long as possible....and therefore we also plan to replace every new gun we sell each day with another new gun just like it tomorrow.....and then turn around and sell it again, of course. This is called "working the turn" in our industry.

It is absolutely a NO WIN situation for us. If our prices go up....then we are "greedy". If our prices go down (and they do often) we get hate mail from the guy who bought one last week and now wants a "price reduction refund"....or tells us that we have "devalued his firearm". Again....absolutely NO WIN for us.

skinewmexico
November 9, 2008, 11:37 PM
Why would anyone want to call and ask directly when you can get online and induldge in wild speculation.

budsgunshop.com
November 9, 2008, 11:41 PM
Eeeexactly !

Gord
November 9, 2008, 11:41 PM
and we get slammed here on THR anyway....go figure !

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Anybody who's enough of a moron to throw out wild, baseless accusations, stemming from simple bitterness toward a situation that anyone with more than a single, solitary neuron in their heads saw coming a mile away, isn't anywhere near the top of my "give-a-crap" list.

There are downsides to being lazy, apathetic and stupid. These fine folks simply do not believe that reality should apply to them when such downsides manifest themselves. Pay them no mind, and they'll eventually get bored and go back to debating 9mm vs. 45ACP and otherwise wasting air and electrons.

harmonic
November 9, 2008, 11:43 PM
So....we tried to do the right thing and we get slammed here on THR anyway....go figure !

Well, only one person slammed you. I'm assuming you're a pretty big boy, so you'll live.

And I apologize for speculating. The irony was that it was not an AR I was interested in. It's a Ruger Mini 14 Target.

I simply noticed the absence of the other.

budsgunshop.com
November 9, 2008, 11:46 PM
Apology accepted....and thank you.

mauiglide
November 10, 2008, 03:53 AM
I've dealt with BGS for the past year and a half. I've got good deals from them and it is convenient to order online. I figured you guys at BGS was getting slammed with phone calls and emails when I tried calling the other day. No problem as I understand. In any case, hang in there and I'll be back to order more just as long you guys keep the customer service and shipping top notch.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bud's pulled all but a few of their ARs from their web site." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!