Rumors ?

PDA

Born4spd
November 9, 2008, 03:17 AM
I heard that THR was hijacked...

But its right here?
Anyone want to clear the confusion up?

If you enjoyed reading about "Rumors ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
A.M. Baer
November 9, 2008, 04:58 AM
Of course not, the internet cannot fly. Though I too have heard rumors that THR was cyber-jacked... (wow, that term sounds asinine)

everallm
November 9, 2008, 09:25 AM
Go to

www.thehighroad.us, details there

Art Eatman
November 9, 2008, 11:57 AM
Oleg and Derek are having a sincere-belief argument about the ownership of the website. Oleg has created TheHighRoad.us as part of "his deal" in this argument, for the time being.

Most of us who have been moderators for a long, long time are doing our best to stay out of the argument. The intent of this website, as explained in the orginal mission statement. still exists. Since our main interest is in the RKBA and the membership, many of us are moderators at both websites.

Who's right and who's wrong in the argument is up to the courts. It's not going to be affected by the opinions of any of us who post here.

For me, then, I don't care whether folks post here or post there or post at both sites. The rules will still be applied by Grammaw, as regards courtesy and politeness.

:), Art

chemist308
November 9, 2008, 12:22 PM
It wasn't hijacked. There was a disagreement between the guy who started this site and the guy who was trusted to house the servers for it. There are court documents already filed: legal complaint (http://www.geovario.com/legal/Complaint1.pdf)

What comes of it, comes of it. Why it really happened isn't all that important. What is important is that we're divided at a time like this. We can't afford this BS. This site was 30,000 strong. Now, some of our best posters have sided with the guy who started this site.

By the way, I'm told this site originally started when someone left The Firing Line to start this. I'm also told that the site owners of the The Firing Line supported him. Now, this crap has happened. Divided we fall.

Please write Derek and ask him to reconcile. Write Oleg too. If this actually goes to court it'll get ugly and there will be further divisions among gun owners.

Derek Zeanah
November 9, 2008, 11:57 PM
It wasn't hijacked. There was a disagreement between the guy who started this site and the guy who was trusted to house the servers for it. There are court documents already filed: legal complaintThat's a good summary of one side of the story. There are dissenting opinions, of course. And there are those who've decided to hold their tongues. Taking this public risks the community tens of thousands of people have tried to build over the last six years.

Please write Derek and ask him to reconcile. Write Oleg too.I was hoping we could. Once upon a time, everyone involved had agreed to settle all this, in person, today, on neutral ground. That didn't happen, and it wasn't because I wasn't willing to show up.

If this actually goes to court it'll get ugly and there will be further divisions among gun owners.If. As you said, papers were filed a couple of weeks ago. No attempt has been made to serve me, however. What does that suggest to you?

BullfrogKen
November 10, 2008, 12:10 AM
There are 2 sides to every argument. One side's talking. The other isn't.

People will interpret that and make any conclusions from it they want.

Legal complaints are just that. Complaints. Fortunately judges actually let the defendants respond before they issue judgments.

The position of the Staff is:

As has recently become public knowledge, a dispute exists concerning ownership of The High Road's domain name. We will not render a public opinion on the ownership dispute, other than to say we will continue to carry out THR's vision and mission until the dispute is resolved through legitimate means. We hope it is resolved sooner rather than later.

Our intent is to safeguard the forum until the ownership dispute is settled, either through legal action or private negotiations.

I don't think we'll see the Staff here adjudicating this case in the court of public opinion.

jonsidneyb
November 13, 2008, 03:26 PM
While I cannot determine the truth of what is happening, I can only see what is said that happened I think it is very important. Some might not feel that it is important but honest dealings are critical I feel to a proper working socioty. I just cannot judge.

MikeIsaj
November 13, 2008, 03:53 PM
Been gone awhile. Man, did I pick the time to come back around! Looks like it's time to let the courts sort it all out.

hso
November 13, 2008, 04:49 PM
Ya might just look around and see if anything looks any different and decide for yourselves.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rumors ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!