Post getting deleted

PDA

chriso
November 9, 2008, 01:33 PM
Every time I put somthing up for sale or WTB or somthing it gets deleted every time and i comply with the rules it's really starting to piss me off...

If you enjoyed reading about "Post getting deleted" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
anymanusa
November 9, 2008, 01:35 PM
do you list the state of sale in the title and post in the correct section, because this isn't the correct section for such a post, or even for a question of a for-sale post.

Sinixstar
November 9, 2008, 01:35 PM
There is a whole section for sale/WTB. Go to the homepage, and scroll all the way down.

chriso
November 9, 2008, 01:39 PM
Thats where I post it every time and I comply with the rules... I just posted THIS in here because this is where I spend most of my time...

COMPNOR
November 9, 2008, 01:40 PM
perhaps you should try the Technical Forum?

chriso
November 9, 2008, 01:45 PM
Don't feel like getting flamed just saying to see if maybe this has happened to anyone else.

Sinixstar
November 9, 2008, 01:47 PM
Don't feel like getting flamed just saying to see if maybe this has happened to anyone else.

Certainly meant no offense, just thought since you were posting here - the threads in question were also posted here...

chriso
November 9, 2008, 01:50 PM
Oh no I posted them in the correct section and complied with the rules, I just posted this in here to see if anyone else had these same problems since this is the forum I spend MOST of my time on this site.

meef
November 9, 2008, 06:57 PM
Ever consider contacting a Mod and asking what the problem is instead of just tossing it out to the general membership for an answer?

Art Eatman
November 9, 2008, 08:35 PM
chriso, I don't moderate in the for-sale forums all that often, but generally the only reason for deleting is that the name of the state is omitted from the thread's title.

Not many flame wars or insults and such in those forums, a common cause of deletions...

Art

Mal H
November 9, 2008, 10:52 PM
I comply with the rules...Fair enough, let's examine that statement.

As several have already surmised you don't include your location in the title of your thread. As it mentions in the rules thread, there are no exceptions to that rule, and that particular rule is not only mentioned inside the rules thread (found at or near the top of each Trading Post b/s/t forum), but it is stated in the Trading Post blurb and even in the very title of the rules threads.

I dug up your deleted threads which just happen to be all of your threads posted in the Trading Post. Here are the titles of them:

WTB mcmillan or AICS

WTT leupold mark 4 3.5-10 m1 (posted twice)

Looking for HS Police take off stock.

remington 700 300 wsm WTT

I can't spot a location in any of those titles.

I just posted this in here to see if anyone else had these same problems ...Yes, they have. I don't believe one single day has gone by without someone having a thread deleted because of the same problem.

hso
November 9, 2008, 10:57 PM
I just looked at your posting history and the last several posts in Trading post don't have the location in the title as required for posting FS/FT items. That's also the note from every one of the mods that deleted the posts.

Just read the sticky on posting and follow the instructions and you shouldn't have any problem.

chriso
December 24, 2008, 12:52 AM
I must have skimmed over it but I didn't know you had to post it in the title I was posting it but not in the title.

williamthedog
December 24, 2008, 12:01 PM
I had that happen once.
Then i put my state in the ad.

JohnKSa
December 24, 2008, 02:02 PM
I must have skimmed over it but I didn't know you had to post it in the title...This is the banner that shows up above the Trading post Forums on THR.

Trading Post
ALL THREADS IN ANY BUY, SELL, TRADE FORUM MUST HAVE THE LOCATION IN THE THREAD TITLE OR THE THREAD WILL BE DELETED. It is the responsibility of both parties of any transaction to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.

Here's the title of the sticky post that appears at the top of each subforum in the Trading Post.

Forum rules for posting. All must read before posting - POST YOUR STATE IN TITLE

Furthermore, in each subforum of the Trading Post there is ANOTHER sticky that is entitled "Did Your Thread Disappear?" that refers you to the sticky that tells you to post your state in the title.

If you enjoyed reading about "Post getting deleted" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!