Saiga gas tube

PDA

Jack Williams
November 9, 2008, 12:44 PM
To all you gun heads.

I bought a saiga the other day and i cant figure how to take off the gas tube. There seems to be some rust on the front of it, maybe thats my problem,

-is there anything different (than a standard AK) that i need to do to get it off?
-should i replace the tube (because previous owner neglegted it)?
-Does anyone know where i can find a wooden saiga front grips???

If anyone can help with any of these i would appreciate it.

Thanks

-Jack

If you enjoyed reading about "Saiga gas tube" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SaMx
November 9, 2008, 12:53 PM
It should come off like a regular AK gas tube. The little container the cleaning kit comes in is also a tool to help pull the little lever near the rear sight.

for the handguard, try the for sale section at http://forum.saiga-12.com/

Mooseman
November 9, 2008, 03:03 PM
The gas tube levers can be ultra tight on a new saiga. I recommend lubing it and using something to help you pull/push it that won't mar the gun if it slips. I really had to wrestle with mine. Also take note of which way the gas tube clip is orientated.-good luck

oh and by the way, welcome to the forums and normally questions like this would go under the rifle category.

RP88
November 9, 2008, 03:12 PM
it's a bear without the cleaning kit pod. Other than that, it works like any other AK tube

If you enjoyed reading about "Saiga gas tube" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!