Most valuable rifle accessory

PDA

mattw
November 9, 2008, 05:23 PM
In the theme of the last thread about the best 5 AR15 upgrades, I thought I'd ask this:

What is the most valued accessory you've put your your rifle?

For me it would have to be my VLTOR mod stock. It feels so much better and is much tighter than a regular M4 stock.

If you enjoyed reading about "Most valuable rifle accessory" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
snead888
November 9, 2008, 05:35 PM
a scope of some sort, or laser dot have to be number 1

JWarren
November 9, 2008, 05:50 PM
A sling.

-- John

Float Pilot
November 9, 2008, 06:10 PM
Ammo to practice with!

An old man who shoots a 30-30 enough to hit a running coyote will always be more dangerous than a twice a year shooter with a $2,500 sniper rifle in his closet!

gvnwst
November 9, 2008, 06:12 PM
Price or senitmenal value?

Price,........ I don't have the money to put on the scope i want right now.

if not, the gun itself(this all cama standard), POF USA 18" SPR, Vltor clubfoot modstock, rail system, Ergo grip, Gas piston system.:cool:

ugaarguy
November 9, 2008, 06:47 PM
My LMT came with a SOPMOD stock, and it was worth it. Right now I've dropped LMT complete BCGs into my lower end ARs. I value those for the individual HPT/MPI, top notch manufacturing, and top notch quality control. Hopefully I never need the extras, but the cheap insurance is comforting.

A VLTOR Mod Stock, Magpul MOE stock, or Magpul CTR is due for an M4gery that has a standard collapsible stock.

Most valued accessories at the moment though are the spare mags I bought earlier in the year.

HM2PAC
November 9, 2008, 08:36 PM
A sling.

General Geoff
November 9, 2008, 08:41 PM
sling

H2O MAN
November 9, 2008, 09:37 PM
Most valuable rifle accessory

AMMO
and trigger time

offroaddiver
November 9, 2008, 09:41 PM
ammo or reloading materials for the rifle.

ParaElite
November 9, 2008, 09:53 PM
30 round magazines!

possum
November 9, 2008, 09:55 PM
magazines are paramount, but they are free, so i would have to go with the eotech that sits atop of the rifle.

rangerruck
November 9, 2008, 10:58 PM
assuming for a standard type, boltie, either good sites, or a scope. Next, a good rifle bag, a vci emitter disc, or emitter cloth, a silicone rag, a lemon rag, a boresnake. lastly , sight moving tools, that can double, to help take down the rifle.

PotatoJudge
November 9, 2008, 11:01 PM
Good scope, followed by a bipod.

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
November 9, 2008, 11:02 PM
Scope and rings. And ammo.

If you mean besides scope & ammo, then polecat bipod sticks, or maybe an aftermarket trigger or trigger job, or a glass-bedding job. Honorable mention to sling (tac sling or ching sling).

mtlucas0311
November 9, 2008, 11:46 PM
ACOG. Fine piece of gear. better than any other scope in a rough, hostile environment (IMO, of course).

R.W.Dale
November 9, 2008, 11:56 PM
a rangefinder.

because in the real world without one you just don't know how far away the target is.

rfurtkamp
November 10, 2008, 12:31 AM
Best single AR accessory that goes on the rifle I've put on has to be the beater old PVS-2.

It's still medium weight or less when coupled with an AR, and it is the absolute best of the early stuff and far superior to most of the even midrange imports now.

Older, combat proven night vision is far far better than none at all.

If there's really a dung-covered fan, those with *some* night vision will outshoot the vast, huge majority that do not.

Ragnar Danneskjold
November 10, 2008, 05:55 AM
Well I consider magazines and ammo to be part of the whole rifle package, not really an accessory. So I'll say optics. Nothing has revolutionized combat riflemanship like modern optics.

45B@cav
November 10, 2008, 10:34 AM
The most valuable accesory is the one you actually use.

Nugilum
November 10, 2008, 11:21 AM
I'm biased. #1 in my Sig lines says it all... :evil:

gotime242
November 10, 2008, 12:11 PM
Id probably say a good optic as well.

moooose102
November 10, 2008, 12:16 PM
well, aside from ammo, it is the scope. i couldnt shoot squat without one. even at 50 yards.

expvideo
November 10, 2008, 12:21 PM
Flashlight. Absolutely necessary on any HD/SHTF/patrol rifle. And a sling. I think a sling comes before a flashlight, but any rifle should have a sling, so I'll just assume that it goes without saying that your rifle already has one.

As for a hunting rifle, not counting the necessary sling of course, a good scope if terrain and type of game require it. No other accessories are really necessary, IMO.

And of course, the greatest accessory to a rifle is a handgun. Or a bayonet, if you can handle that much awesome at once.

H2O MAN
November 10, 2008, 12:28 PM
+1

All of my HD/SHTF weapons have a weapons light on them.

benEzra
November 10, 2008, 12:55 PM
Optic, IMO.

RippinSVT
November 10, 2008, 01:55 PM
The best accessory for any rifle is an experienced/safe/savvy shooter standing behind it. I see so many wannabe-Rambos with tricked-out AR's and AK's with every little lazer-sight-tactical-24X scope-widget-9000 on it that couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

If you enjoyed reading about "Most valuable rifle accessory" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!