EMF Hartford Sharps trigger question

PDA

jerkface11
November 9, 2008, 07:12 PM
Yesterday I bought an EMF Hartford Sharps business rifle. It has a double set trigger. If I don't set it the trigger pull is probably 20 pounds. If I do set it it's under an ounce. There's a little screw between the triggers is that an adjustment? I'd rather not just start messing with it without knowing and I can't find a manual for it online. Any help would be appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "EMF Hartford Sharps trigger question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
alemonkey
November 9, 2008, 07:54 PM
It is an adjustment screw, but I think it only adjusts the "set" pull, not the unset.

20 pounds? That's crazy. My Pedersoli is probably 5-7 pounds unset. When it's set a gnat's fart could trip it.

jerkface11
November 9, 2008, 08:41 PM
Yeah i just played with the screw all it adjusts is the set trigger. I'm not sure if the unset weight really is 20 pounds. I do know I can't pull it with one finger. It will have to make a trip to the gunsmith. Oh mine is made by Pedersoli too. Maybe the trigger is why it was such a good deal.

If you enjoyed reading about "EMF Hartford Sharps trigger question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!