Which length sling should I get?

PDA

General Geoff
November 10, 2008, 11:34 AM
I'm looking at getting a better sling for my M1A (standard). I'm going to go with a NM AWS from Turner Slings (http://www.turnersling.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TS&Product_Code=NMSRAWS&Category_Code=NSRS), the only question I have is should I get the 50/52 inch or 54/56 inch sling? I'm not sure which would be better for my rifle. Any thoughts?

If you enjoyed reading about "Which length sling should I get?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Vityaz
November 10, 2008, 07:25 PM
If you wanted a really good quality leather sling, I'd recommend calling Les Tam. I had him make one for me and it's a work of art.
www.lestamslings.com

General Geoff
November 10, 2008, 08:36 PM
Nah, I'm looking for a biothane one for weather resistance.

TexasRifleman
November 10, 2008, 09:11 PM
I dunno, I guess it depends on how you like to set them up. I have the 52" leather Turner on my M14 and it's fine. I'm 6' tall with long arms and I have plenty left.

Longer would do me no good at all, but that's just me I guess. I think they list 50" as the "standard" length.

General Geoff
November 10, 2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks TexasRifleman, I'll go with the 52" then. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Which length sling should I get?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!