"Celeen, get the gun!" (Pittsburgh)

PDA

Beren
January 15, 2003, 08:04 AM
Heart-warming news from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. The man who stabbed and cut up a married couple not long ago has been caught after he fled from a would-be victim's home.

Only, this time, the target was armed.

Quick thinking foils intruder (http://www.post-gazette.com/localnews/20030115robberyreg3.asp)

Please read the linked article. I don't cut and paste text as it is a violation of copyrights to do so...

If you enjoyed reading about ""Celeen, get the gun!" (Pittsburgh)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
islander-11
January 15, 2003, 08:23 AM
Great story - I guess Sarah Brady would rather have the woman sit down and negotiate with the knife-wielding crackhead... :rolleyes:

armabill
January 15, 2003, 12:36 PM
It would be better if she had the gun on her. What would happen if she couldn't get upstairs to retrieve the gun. Luckily, she could and did but next time she may not be so lucky.

thumbtack
January 15, 2003, 12:42 PM
Bravo for her. :)

alan
January 15, 2003, 06:56 PM
Now, if the local judiciary don't let this bum out on bond, so that he can do the same again, the community might be better off for the experience, as the word might spread..

Beren
January 15, 2003, 07:07 PM
Maybe he'll pick your house next time, Alan! Then it won't be a concern anymore.

4570Rick
January 15, 2003, 07:13 PM
Gun Control: The premise that a woman found in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is morally superior to allowing that same woman to defend her life with a firearm.

:banghead: :cuss: :fire:

spacemanspiff
January 15, 2003, 07:18 PM
one more reason to keep the gun holstered even when at home in a supposed 'secure' setting.

PATH
January 15, 2003, 07:24 PM
I do so love stories with a happy ending!:D

4v50 Gary
January 15, 2003, 09:17 PM
I'd fight Saddam Hussein...

Gotta give that gal credit. Kept her wits about her, saved her child, herself and the badguy got all cut up when he dove through a window. :D

Standing Wolf
January 15, 2003, 09:21 PM
Armed women are safe women.

If you enjoyed reading about ""Celeen, get the gun!" (Pittsburgh)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!