Sako Vixen - hmmmm....

PDA

briang2ad
November 10, 2008, 06:00 PM
Saw a little beauty today. Excellent condition, very light trigger - maybe a tad too light. With a cheapo scope. Bore looked great. BBUT.. in 222 mag. What is it worth? I guess 222 mag is pretty much cost prohibitive to shoot. Even the brass looks expensive IF one reloads. But a sweet looking little rifle.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sako Vixen - hmmmm...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
NCsmitty
November 10, 2008, 06:54 PM
Those are sweet little rifles and the 222 Rem Mag is equal or superior to the 223, ballistically. Brass is available from Grafs for around $38 a hundred. That case is what the 204 Ruger is based on.

NCsmitty

LeonCarr
November 10, 2008, 07:23 PM
.222 Rem Mag is a very accurate cartridge, equal to the .223 in velocity. I say get it, and get a buttload of unprimed brass :).

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

briang2ad
November 10, 2008, 07:51 PM
Buy a bunch of MUCH cheaper 204 Ruger brass and MAKE 22 Mag brass out of it with the press and an expansion to the neck???

NCsmitty
November 10, 2008, 08:11 PM
Very difficult because the shoulder of the 204 is much longer.

NCsmitty

If you enjoyed reading about "Sako Vixen - hmmmm...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!