Micro Desert Eagle .380?

PDA

gbelleh
November 10, 2008, 11:57 PM
There's an ad for a Micro Desert Eagle .380 in the new "Guns" magazine. I can't seem to find much information about this gun anywhere. It looks pretty cool. The ad says it's gas-assisted blowback.

Anyone have any experience with this gun? I wonder how many more .380 pocket pistols will be introduced?

If you enjoyed reading about "Micro Desert Eagle .380?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CPshooter
November 11, 2008, 12:06 AM
Is this for real? I have to see some pictures asap!

railroader
November 11, 2008, 12:28 AM
http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/images/ssi-2008/56441.jpg

CPshooter
November 11, 2008, 12:32 AM
hahaha.

jhco
November 11, 2008, 12:35 AM
wow:(

Prepster
November 11, 2008, 12:43 AM
I believe this came up somewhere on here. If I recall, the micro eagle is based on a pistol that's currently in production. It was one I had never heard of, hopefully someone more knowledgable will chime in.

paintballdude902
November 11, 2008, 12:44 AM
reminds me of the liberator pistol from wwII for some reason

gbelleh
November 11, 2008, 12:46 AM
Here's the ad...

It kind of reminds me of the Boberg.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/gbelleh/micro_de.jpg

Girodin
November 11, 2008, 12:52 AM
Out of pure curiosity, what does one of those cost?

Claude Clay
November 11, 2008, 12:56 AM
cost---about $50.00 per ounce

Deus Machina
November 11, 2008, 01:50 AM
Awesome. 3/4" barrel, so there's nothing at all good to say about the accuracy, the velocity is ineffective at best, and with people like me whole instinctively put their fingers on the front of the trigger guard, is more likely to cause self-inflicted injury than anything else.

Why do I still want one?

jon_in_wv
November 11, 2008, 08:32 AM
Where are you gettin a 3/4 inch barrel from? It looks longer than that.
I agree a finger on the trigger guard might be a bad idea though. I'm sure you would learn QUICKLY not to put your finger there.

Deus Machina
November 11, 2008, 08:48 AM
Where are you gettin a 3/4 inch barrel from? It looks longer than that.
I agree a finger on the trigger guard might be a bad idea though. I'm sure you would learn QUICKLY not to put your finger there.

That or I'd lose the ability to put my finger there. :p

And the barrel length is a little hyperbole on my part. But to just by the ejection port, the actual rifled length is just about the same as the OAL length of a .380 round. So, about an inch.

doglb
November 11, 2008, 08:49 AM
There is one at our local shop! Sure looks nice, but at over $500 for a
.380/6 shot no thanks.

I didnt handle it, but it sure looks heavy and bulky for a CCW.
More of a gimmick to me!

Odnar
November 11, 2008, 09:49 AM
Should have started a new division called Desert Canary....

jon_in_wv
November 11, 2008, 03:24 PM
I was interested until I checked gun broker and it was listed at 516 bucks. NO THANK YOU. I'll stick with my LCP. A Kahr PM9 may tempt me but not that thing.

jocko
November 11, 2008, 04:23 PM
actual length 2.2 inches of barrel..

jocko
November 11, 2008, 04:25 PM
Did anyone mention "BUTT UGLY"

jon_in_wv
November 11, 2008, 08:41 PM
2.2 is a little more realistic. Thanks.

bdg146
November 11, 2008, 09:00 PM
My terminology is probably off, but keep in mind that they include the chamber as part of the barrel length, which (IMO), shouldn't be included. That means the bullet travels 2.2" minus the OAL of .380 (just shy of an inch).

CZF
November 11, 2008, 10:43 PM
I believe it is a copy of the Czech made KEVIN (Champion) pistol.
A gun that can't or isn't imported here, but popular in Europe.

The real deal KEVIN would be much, much, cheaper.

MachIVshooter
November 12, 2008, 12:46 AM
Should have started a new division called Desert Canary....

That was good.

Gun Slinger
November 12, 2008, 01:46 AM
Finally, a gun that is actually uglier and more expensive than the Ruger LCP. :evil:

Mach2
November 12, 2008, 02:00 AM
What is the barrel on a P3AT? It looks like they took a hack saw and shortened the KelTec. The Micro Desert Eagle had better have something to set it apart from sub $300 .380 ccw pistols already on the market. OK who wants to tell us what is so special about the Micro?

railroader
November 12, 2008, 02:01 AM
Kevin pistol.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2a/Pistole_Kevin.jpg/733px-Pistole_Kevin.jpg

Mach2
November 12, 2008, 02:08 AM
Item # ME380
MSRP: $535.00
BRAND: Magnum Research # OF MAGS: 1
MODEL: Micro Desert Eagle SAFETY:
TYPE: Semi-Automatic Pistol SIGHTS: Fixed
CALIBER: 380 BARREL LENGTH: 2.22"
FINISH: Nickel Teflon Finish OVERALL LENGTH: 4.52"
ACTION: Double Action Only WEIGHT: 14 oz
STOCK: Black PACKAGING:
CAPACITY: 6+1 FEATURES: Hammer Forged Barrel
CHOKES: FEATURES:
CHAMBER: BUTT PLATE:
MUZZLE: RECEIVER: Nickel Teflon Finish Item (1 of 5)

Item # P-3AT
MSRP: $324.00
This item is currently Allocated.
BRAND: Kel-Tec # OF MAGS: 1
MODEL: P-3AT SAFETY:
TYPE: Semi-Automatic Pistol SIGHTS: Fixed
CALIBER: 380 BARREL LENGTH: 2.76"
FINISH: Black OVERALL LENGTH: 5.2"
ACTION: Double Action Only WEIGHT: 8.3 oz
STOCK: Black Polymer Checkered Grip Area PACKAGING:
CAPACITY: 6+1 FEATURES:
CHOKES: FEATURES:
CHAMBER: BUTT PLATE:
MUZZLE: RECEIVER:

BHP FAN
November 12, 2008, 04:00 AM
there is a certain family resemblance...

jocko
November 12, 2008, 04:51 AM
yes they both have a barrel and a trigger???other than that the eagle is "BUTT UGLY". the kt is just ugly with no butt.

casual
November 12, 2008, 09:32 PM
if i don't care about the look of a gun, I'll get a Kel-Tec (still significantly better looking than the micro)

no contest

just take a look at Mach2's post above - all you need to know

by the way, i think the lcp is a decent looking gun - like kel tec, but a little more refined looking

i plan to purchase an lcp as soon as i'm confident that Ruger has worked out the kinks

mgregg85
November 12, 2008, 09:38 PM
I'll keep my P3AT, its lighter even with the crimson trace laser attached.

hankdatank1362
November 13, 2008, 04:54 PM
But you could store the Micro Eagle in the grip panels of your Desert Eagle!

SwampWolf
November 13, 2008, 05:44 PM
If the Micro has a significantly better trigger pull than most other "pocket pistols" (i.e., the LCP, the NNA Guardian, the Keltec 3A-T, the Seecamp, et al) I might get interested. Otherwise, well, it is kind of homely looking...:)

Schofield3
November 13, 2008, 05:56 PM
Should have started a new division called Desert Canary

Haha, very good indeed :D

6_gunner
November 14, 2008, 09:46 AM
I actually kinda like it. I definitely don't like it $500 worth, though. If it was $200 or $300 I'd probably get one.

It appears to have a steel frame, rather than the polymer frame of the similar pocket pistols that are available these days. That would be a big plus for me. Maybe I'm too traditional, but guns that are half plastic just don't appeal to me.

dhoomonyou
November 14, 2008, 10:09 AM
http://www.tactical-life.com/online/products/magnum-researchs-micro-desert-eagle/

Bobo
November 14, 2008, 07:19 PM
It's not shown on the Magnum Research web site. I wonder if it's actually in production or just vapor ware.

Bobo

ilksurfer
November 24, 2008, 03:58 PM
That is actually a ZVI Kevin. You can look it up at their web page. How come Magnum Research can market it as if they have created I don't understand... They should have mentioned where they have cloned it or something... :mad:

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh19/alpha3673/CIMG0027.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh19/alpha3673/CIMG0026.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh19/alpha3673/CIMG0025.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh19/alpha3673/CIMG0024.jpg

Photos by Emhasuya...

http://www.zvi.cz/en/products/9-mm-pistol-kevin.html
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/zvi-kevin-380-auto-pistol/1926421246

ilksurfer
November 24, 2008, 04:01 PM
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh19/alpha3673/3.jpg

General Geoff
November 24, 2008, 04:02 PM
So far the only handgun Magnum Research actually makes is the BFR. Everything else they just "borrowed" from another manufacturer.

evan price
November 25, 2008, 02:12 AM
Local big gun store says they will have ten coming in for their big promo, taking orders now.
Meh, that's probably double what it's worth cost-wise.

CPshooter
November 25, 2008, 02:21 AM
Do these pistols have a good/bad reputation? How wide are they?

Bobo
November 25, 2008, 01:47 PM
I believe these are the correct specs:

Item # ME380
MSRP: $535.00
BRAND: Magnum Research
MODEL: Micro Desert Eagle
TYPE: Semi-Automatic Pistol
SIGHTS: Fixed
CALIBER: 380
# OF MAGS: 1
CAPACITY: 6+1
BARREL LENGTH: 2.22"
OVERALL LENGTH: 4.52"
HEIGHT: 3.71"
WIDTH: 0.90"
WEIGHT: 14 oz
FRAME MATERIAL: Aluminum Alloy
BARREL: Hammer Forged Steel
ACTION: Double Action Only

Bobo

krs
November 25, 2008, 01:59 PM
Is there something more gay than a peewee pistol named "Kevin"?

skeptiq
November 25, 2008, 02:49 PM
Wow, the canary has to be a re-tool... They are way too similar... no intrest here in getting either. They are really cute though.

doglb
November 25, 2008, 05:39 PM
Well I got to handle one the other day and must say that it feels pretty good in the hand. Its light and the point of aim seems very natural. I have no idea how they shoot, wish I did-overall it fits into a pocket pretty easy. To bad the price tag is way over budget for a .380-another downfall only one mag???

Would be curious in the overall performance, its not to bad on the eyes-
but thats just my opinion! :D

evan price
November 26, 2008, 02:06 AM
According to ZVi they also make it in 9mm Makarov. Wonder why Deagles are not coming with that as an option? Should be a bit more pop that 9mm Kurz.

Gunsby_Blazen
November 26, 2008, 03:05 AM
so, is this the same thing as that Kel-Tec and that Ruger LCP??

is everyone going to make one now????

Vectrexer
November 28, 2008, 03:55 PM
I have confirmation directly from Jan Gottfried at ZVI stating the KEVIN is being soldin in the US by Magnum Research as the Micro Desert Eagle.

evan price
November 28, 2008, 04:25 PM
I held the microDeagle in my hand today at the gunstore I mentioned above. You can LITERALLY see on the left grip panel where the ZVI logo was machined off of the plastic grip panel. There is a blank rectangle there towards the bottom that has a clearly visible milling machine track running around in it- right where the ZVI logo is on the non-imported guns... They didn't even bother making new grips.

Heavy little gun, and the trigger pull was about 500 pounds or so. Not my kind of gun, even for a micro-compact.

usp9
November 28, 2008, 04:29 PM
Heavy little gun, and the trigger pull was about 500 pounds or so. Not my kind of gun, even for a micro-compact.

Yes, but with a trigger job, a new Wolff spring, the pull would be a smooth, safe, 450 pounds. :D

regal
November 29, 2008, 01:11 PM
According to ZVi they also make it in 9mm Makarov.

This would be an interesting gun with a hot 9x18 JHP, as a 380 I would stick with NAA for a metal frame pocket gun.

Bobo
November 29, 2008, 09:01 PM
Vectrexer said;
I have confirmation directly from Jan Gottfried at ZVI stating the KEVIN is being soldin in the US by Magnum Research as the Micro Desert Eagle.

evan price said;
You can LITERALLY see on the left grip panel where the ZVI logo was machined off ...

If you guys are right then this quote from the Magnum Research web site is false;
"...Micro Eagle is proudly made in the U.S. ..."http://www.magnumresearch.com/Micro_Eagle.asp

Bobo

krs
November 29, 2008, 09:48 PM
Yeah, and their Baby Eagle/Tanfaglio is proudly made in............Italy.

Kor
December 2, 2008, 12:47 AM
Youse guys are forgetting something - the much-maligned, seemingly-arbitrary ATF "sporting-purpose points system" for importing foreign-made handguns into the US:

Characteristic Points
Length: for each 1/4" over 6" 1
Forged steel frame 15
Forged HTS alloy frame 20
Unloaded weight w/mag (per oz.) 1
.22 short and .25 auto 0
.22 LR and 7.65mm to .380 auto 3
9mm parabellum and over 10
Locked breech mechanism 5
Loaded chamber indicator 5
Grip safety 3
Magazine safety 5
Firing pin block or lock 10
External hammer 2
Double action 10
Drift adjustable target sight 5
Click adjustable target sight 10
Target grips 5
Target trigger 2

Minimum 75 points needed to legally import a foreign-manufactured gun into the US - scroll down to the bottom 1/3 of: http://www.glockfaq.com/models.htm

So, let's crunch the numbers:

- .380ACP = +3 pts
- 4.52" length = +0 pts
- steel frame = +15 pts
- 14 oz empty weight = +14 pts
- Double-action trigger = +10 pts
- IF external hammer, = +2 pts
- IF "gas-assisted blowback system" = locked breech mechanism, = +5 pts
- IF firing pin block, = +10 pts
- IF loaded-chamber indicator, = +5 pts
- IF magazine safety, = +5 pts
- ZERO extra points for adjustable sights, target grips, target trigger
- Maximum total points in as-shown configuration = 69 = NOT LEGALLY IMPORTABLE.

Whereas the Tanfoglio/Baby Eagle pistols, being service-sized, all-steel, locked-breech, DA external-hammer 9mm pistols, easily score close to 90 points as-produced, no other changes needed, just off the top of my head.

Therefore, I'm pretty sure that Magnum Research is actually manufacturing the ZVI Kevin design, presumably under license, in the US - as the importation-points system does not apply to US-made handguns. Which is why Beretta and Taurus actually manufacture their pocket .22LR/.25ACP pistols in MD and FL, respectively, for example.

Now, what would also make sense to me is that MRI would, at least for initial production, buy a container-full of ready-made Kevin grip panels from ZVI, and mill off the logo before final assembly/shipping of the completed guns - there's no laws against importing gun grips from a foreign country(YET), and that way, they can possibly get the finished guns to market faster because they don't have to tool-up to make the grips in the US.

RippinSVT
December 2, 2008, 04:24 AM
I guarantee a whole lot of morons will be rushing to the gun store soon just so they can say they are carrying a Desert Eagle. Not to bash anyones preferences, but I pretty much hate the .50AE DE's, and I hate this gun as well. Why in the world someone would buy a fatter/heavier/more expensive .380 for CCW or whatever use is beyond me. I'll stick to the P3AT or LCP.

kokapelli
December 5, 2008, 10:39 AM
Got to look one over at the range yesterday and it was surprisingly light weight.

It does look exactly like the Kevin, but has a much better finish on the frame.

It is very thin with no protruding controls.

overall it has the feel and appearance of very high quality.

I wish I could have shot it.

The grip is very short and without the magazine extension there is room for only one finger on the grip but it felt very comfortable in my hand.

I have to say I was impressed with it.

Considering the price of pistols like the Seecamp I don't think the Micro's price is out of line.

kokapelli
December 5, 2008, 11:42 AM
Price locally is......

http://4jer.250free.com/temp/Desert%20Eagle%20Micro%20price.gif

kokapelli
December 7, 2008, 10:02 AM
Video of the ZVI Kevin being fired.....CLICK THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8briK1YbD8g)

Kryzen
December 10, 2008, 08:59 PM
Thats Too Expensive,I Like More The Ruger LCP : )

earlthegoat2
December 10, 2008, 09:51 PM
pocket 380s really are the rage now, even kahr is jumping on the bandwagon. Maybe Kimber will be next...

dave471
December 15, 2008, 04:16 PM
I just bought one last Friday. Was looking at the kahr pm9, keltecs, bersa thunder, and the walther ppks. Chose the micro for size and consistency (I hope, lol). The keltec jammed way too much for me. This gun is accurate and shoots well for the size. much better than the keltec and bersa.

kokapelli
December 15, 2008, 07:43 PM
Dave, I was pretty impressed with the Micro, but when I went back it was gone, so I ordered one.

I'll be very interested to see how yours works.

I was going to wait for the Kahr 380, but it's way more expensive, untested and who knows when it will finally arrive!

I figure the blowback system would be more trouble free in a small gun like these 380 pocket guns and since the Micro is compensated I would expect recoil would not be too bad.

Let us know how you like it.

dave471
December 15, 2008, 08:27 PM
I am enjoying it very much. The blow back system helps with accuracy and the recoil isn't bad at all for the size of the gun. I am about 250 rounds in and it feels better and better. I had 5 jams in the first 100 rounds but only 1 in the last 100 rounds. The keltec jammed about once every clip!

G.A.Pster
December 15, 2008, 08:42 PM
irt dave471:

what ammo where you useing?

dave471
December 16, 2008, 11:25 AM
winchester and remington (whatever they give us at the range...)

earlthegoat2
December 16, 2008, 11:37 AM
We got one in our shop and it literally sold 3 minutes after it was opened from the UPS man. I attribute it to the 380 plague that is going around the gun mags.

mr.trooper
December 17, 2008, 01:00 AM
I really like the idea of the ME380 / Kevin. Here is why:

1) people cry about it being heavier than a P3AT or whatever. THATS A GOOD THING! Its still nowhere near heavy enough to be a burden, and the extra weight helps absorb recoil.

2) with its all metal construction, it will last a LOT longer than a plastic gun.

3) its slights, while the do make the gun look ugly, are anti-snag but still large enough to see clearly. thats a huge deal on a carry gun.

I don't think I will ever buy another .380, but if i were going to , this would be the top contender for my money.

kokapelli
December 17, 2008, 09:16 AM
2) with its all metal construction, it will last a LOT longer than a plastic gun.
I'm not aware of any longevity problems with plastics used in guns.

Hghlndr
December 17, 2008, 10:41 AM
Yeah, and their Baby Eagle/Tanfaglio is proudly made in............Italy.
Wrong. The Baby Eagle is made in Israel. It is made with Tanfoglio parts though.

mr.trooper
December 17, 2008, 12:18 PM
Heat. Sunlight. frame sag.

I love my Glock, and i do like polymer pistols, but Steel frames have the track record for longevity.

kokapelli
December 17, 2008, 01:34 PM
I love my Glock, and i do like polymer pistols, but Steel frames have the track record for longevity.
Mr Trooper we have all read about the potential problems with polymer frames but aside from a kaboom I have yet to read about one failing.
By the way, the Micro Desert Eagle doesn't have a steel frame, it's aluminum.

mr.trooper
December 17, 2008, 03:33 PM
I'm not trying to belittle any of the polymer guns. If we are aware of the problems, we should take them into consideration.

gwillys
December 20, 2008, 04:51 PM
bought a me380/kevin clone last week. didnt like the keltech & no lcp's, so after 3 months of looking & consideration, one appeared in the dealer's display. i was tired of shopping. paid $490 :eek:,but it will hold up better than kt/lcp in the environment where it will live - my pocket in south east georgia.

not thru the first 100 rounds yet, so far so good. i shoot out back when i get a chance, a clip or two at a time. reasonably accurate, nicely made.

mr was quick to deliver a spare mag for 25 bucks

some time ago i had a 380 beretta 84 which was a pleasue to shoot. these micro's arent much fun, but they do the job. i hated to pay the price for this little gun, but im satisfied. around 400 would be a more reasonable price though :)

FHBrumb
December 21, 2008, 12:18 AM
Gas Assisted Blow Back? How can you have a blow back pistol that wasn't gas assisted???

Gas delayed blow back would be a trick on a pistol this small, however...

gwillys
December 21, 2008, 08:21 AM
reverse gas withdrawal
http://www.zvi.cz/en/products/9-mm-pistol-kevin.html

SwampWolf
December 28, 2008, 09:48 PM
reverse gas withdrawal

Breaking wind with a pistol? :o

jocko
December 29, 2008, 01:17 PM
can't believe the micro eagle 380 is made over seas. It could not pass the points requirement at all. I think it is made here in the U.S. It is as untested as the kahr p380.

Humm I had a metal frame Para carry 9 and that frame sure didn't hold up well at all, chipped the finish all over the place, looked a 100 years old. My crapy ol G19 looks as new as the day I got it, as does my Smith M & P. When they can make a steel frame the weight of a polymer, give me a call, I might then consider one--just because..

gwillys
January 12, 2009, 08:00 AM
Its made in Minnesota. I'd bet MR got the cnc software from ZVI as part of the licensing deal. The Kevin Czech military & police pistol is tried & true, so the ME380 should be the same. So far, I have confidence in it, not one hiccup. the only problem is there's no holsters available.

Its taken a while to get used to shooting it. Very unpleasant at first but accurate enough for it's purpose. It is too expensive, but after 3 months of shopping for a pocket pistol, I caved. I'm happy with the gun, considering the alternatives.

I wouldn't want to have to break it down in combat conditions, but with a little practice it's not too bad.

gwillys
January 12, 2009, 08:01 AM
*The slide sits pretty low and the tail end is sharp. A friend who has big fat hands determined it would carve a chunk from the web of his hand. For me, with a natural grip, its fine. Not for everybody though and should be checked before firing.
fieldstrip (http://www.youtube.com/v/2-isHNC5NU0&hl)
firing (http://www.youtube.com/v/8briK1YbD8g&hl)

zombienerd
January 12, 2009, 09:36 AM
Looks interesting, but much too expensive...

I'm picking up another Bersa Thunder here shortly, I owned one before, and I loved it... Felt great, looked great, fired great, never had a jam. Paid under 200 for the last one (2003), sold it about a year later when I needed some cash for $175... New one will cost me $330 lol... Prices go up, up, up!

gwillys
January 12, 2009, 10:04 AM
A great choice, the Bersa. I really like them and almost got the cc. But in the end, size/simplicity was the issue for me, for which I bit the bullet.

rokoutwuglokout
January 12, 2009, 01:45 PM
anyone know where to get them?

steelhead
January 12, 2009, 02:22 PM
Nice. The guy in the video pointed a loaded pistol right at this face......

CZF
January 12, 2009, 03:32 PM
Some people are reporting horrible accuracy.
I'd like to see them offer a blued/black version in the
near future.

gwillys
January 12, 2009, 05:29 PM
the horrible accuracy is likely due to trigger pull. takes some getting used to, and can be lightened. this morning i used a pie plate target @ 20'. 13 of 13 in the pie, one handed. that's acceptable to me for a little gun. it doesn't like flat nose ammo...never malfunctioned, but put some marks on the frames ramp. smoothed it out with 600 grit and using speer 95g round nose now with perfection. i'll probably try a box of these & maybe use them for carry. they're designed to eliminate feed problems, and look like they might actually work.
http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/images/ssi/medium/12707.jpg

jocko
January 12, 2009, 05:43 PM
corbon powerball should work very well also. Never seen that round fail to feed in any caliber..

gwillys
January 12, 2009, 08:18 PM
thanks jocko, that does look like the best bet. my cz 452 varmit with hornady 17hmr's will tear up a squirrel & i guess the Pow'RBall's would work similarly.
http://images.cabelas.com/is/image/cabelas/s7_215191_imageset_01?$main-Medium$

jocko
January 12, 2009, 09:09 PM
those little guns sometimes can be ammo sensitive. For me once I find one or two that are totally reliable, I just stick with um. they will all do the job when needed. Alot of this ammo stuff is way over hyped mfg-er stuff. Normally though the good ammo from shooters responses seem to act like cream in coffee. They normally always float to the top. Give us some feed back on this Mini eagle, accuracy is not important to me, that is shooter related, Reliabily, ease of dissambly, cleaning etc is things of importance...

Nice gun, now just shoot it like u stole it.

gwillys
January 13, 2009, 08:38 AM
"Alot of this ammo stuff is way over hyped mfg-er stuff."

that's a good point. i had been thinking that plain old round nose fmj actually might be a good solution in a 380 pocket gun. penetration could be the more significant factor in this case, and the reliability. also half the price :D

the first few times i fired the ME380, i wasn't looking forward to firing it again. having to strain with the long heavy trigger pull, 1 & 1/2 fingers on the grip, and recoil hurt my hand. lots of powder residue on the front of the gun. it was a bear to break down and particularly reassemble. but it has been 100% reliable.

at this point its loosened up and i've adjusted. i developed a field strip technique that's quick & easy (i cant do it like the video above, my fingers are too big). firing it seems natural & comfortable. its more accurate than i thought any of these little guns would be.

so after a lousy honeymoon, worse than i'd anticipated, we're all settled down in peace & harmony. in spite of the high price, im very happy with it. after 47 years of owning guns, im satisfied with this as my last acquisition. i had a compulsion to get something before the commies take over. my other pistol is a pre-ban ruger p93dc.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s43/gwillys/pistolscopy.jpg

i might have a trigger job done at some point, & maybe someone will come out with a kit. there are no accessories available here, even though many are for the kevin in europe. matter of time i hope. cant see any practical way to mount a laser.

Kevin & accessories (http://www.zvi.cz/download/KEVIN.pdf)

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s43/gwillys/pistols2copy.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s43/gwillys/pistols3copy.jpg

gwillys
January 17, 2009, 09:08 AM
btw, HERE'S (http://hipowers-handguns.blogspot.com/2008/12/informal-tests-hornady-critical-defense.html) a good article for anyone considering 380.

gwillys
January 23, 2009, 10:11 AM
broke down & made a wallet holster out of a old purse i found at a thrift store for $5. never done leather work, so its primitive, but it works. soapy water, utility knife, gorilla glue & a plywood form.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s43/gwillys/h4.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s43/gwillys/h1.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s43/gwillys/h2.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s43/gwillys/h3.jpg

mrt949
January 24, 2009, 08:46 PM
looks like a steel grendel p12.

gbelleh
January 24, 2009, 11:55 PM
That holster looks really good, especially for a first attempt!

gwillys
January 25, 2009, 08:11 AM
thanks gbelleh, if i was gonna do it over, i'd wrap it around the slide instead of using 2 pieces, & not forget to include the mag extension when sizing :rolleyes:. since those pictures, i had a shoe repair guy stitch it, so it oughta hold up ok.

Maverick223
January 26, 2009, 10:12 PM
just because it is small:D That has to be the most butt ugly firearm I have seen in a while. It better be good...it's got nothing else going for it.:neener: I think i'll get the P380 just to see how bad they really are.

gwillys
January 26, 2009, 10:38 PM
i dont care much whats cute or ugly, heck, i almost got a jimenez ja9, but maybe you'd be interested in giving this a shot :neener:
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s43/gwillys/ugliestgun.jpg

gglass
January 27, 2009, 12:12 AM
Have you ever seen how many people shoot mouse guns with the weak-hand index finger around the trigger guard? (not much to hold onto) I can just see somebody losing a finger with this little gun. Every other mouse gun manufacturer seems to still be able to recess the trigger guard from the tip of the muzzle.

saturno_v
January 27, 2009, 01:30 AM
I feel sorry for those that will shell over $500 for that thing.

So many excellent choices already in the mini and micro .380 world for $300 or under.

I got my P-11 brand new for $260, a tad bigger than the smaller 380s but still very comfortable in my pocket in any attire with Uncle Mike's pocket holster. Never had any issue with it.

It barely prints at all and when and if it does you cannot tell if is a cellphone or a wallet.

12+1 rounds of +P 9 mm beats any 6 or 7 rounds 380. You can always go for the PF-9 which is even thinner.

The best deal in the pocketable pistol arena....I never walk alone indeed...

IMHO with the new ultra small 9 mm pistols around (Kahr, kel-Tec, etc..) the micro .380 handguns do not have any practical reason to exist anymore, unless for those really recoil sensitive.

expvideo
January 27, 2009, 10:18 AM
LOL, only Magnum Research could make a .380 with that much recoil.

kokapelli
January 27, 2009, 11:38 AM
LOL, only Magnum Research could make a .380 with that much recoil.

expvideo, based on that statement I assume you have shot the micro, so how much recoil does it have compared to lets say an LCP?

gwillys
January 28, 2009, 08:18 AM
"I feel sorry for those that will shell over $500 for that thing.
So many excellent choices already in the mini and micro .380 world for $300 or under."

thanks, my self pity has some company;). 3 months of waiting for a lcp led to my downfall. and i will accept donations.

"IMHO with the new ultra small 9 mm pistols around (Kahr, kel-Tec, etc..) the micro .380 handguns do not have any practical reason to exist anymore, unless for those really recoil sensitive."

i wish that was true - its seems a lot of people disagree, at least judging from the gunshops around here. hence the ridiculous prices they're getting. seems like 200 bucks should be a fair price for a decent pocket gun. oh well. the p-11 looks pretty nice, just too big for my pocket.

mrt949
January 28, 2009, 06:49 PM
I always say if you are happy .it does not matter . get what fits.:)

mrt949
January 31, 2009, 05:03 PM
Looked at one today .sure is different .i would watch your finger if you are not carefull . slide bite also .tracks of my tears.:uhoh:

mrt949
January 31, 2009, 05:05 PM
Looked at one today .sure is different .i would watch your finger if you are not carefull . slide bite also::eek: price 515.oo plus tax.

Maverick223
January 31, 2009, 09:39 PM
Ugly, loss of finger, Ugly, need for skin graft, Ugly, expensive, oh yea and UGLY:eek:...however if you like it and feel comfortable with the trigger guard, get it, I have heard good things about Kevin pistols. It will likely serve you well from a durability standpoint. Also, mrt949..what do you do...lol. :scrutiny:

Maverick223
January 31, 2009, 09:41 PM
I always say if you are happy .it does not matter . get what fits....So it doesn't fit? :neener:

mrt949
January 31, 2009, 09:57 PM
what i do is teach n r a .concealed carry classes since 1988.

outerlimit
February 1, 2009, 12:23 AM
If I had one, I'd be very concerned about the effectiveness of .380 out of a 2.2" barrel.

I'd probably want to use a warm and heavy fmj load.

jocko
February 1, 2009, 02:45 PM
want to stand in front of that 380 with 2.2" bbl and take 6 rounds of it:uhoh::uhoh:

They don't call them pocket rockets because they have 6" bbls...

gwillys
February 1, 2009, 06:05 PM
;) one benefit is the flamethrower effect :fire:
there's many compromises with these little guns, and they're not much fun to shoot. but if you want something foolproof that can ride undetected & comfortable in a wallet/pocket holster, they do the job. taurus is coming out with the TCP mid year, so options are increasing.

glocksrule
February 24, 2009, 12:43 PM
I love this gun! I bought one, using my jammo-matic Kel-TecP3AT as trade in on it. What a piece of junk the Kel-Tec was! I fired 100 rounds through the Micro without one hitch or burp. FMJ's, Gold Dots, Golden Sabers, the gun would not quit!

Allbeit, my hand did hurt a bit after this many rounds, as this gun is not a plinker. I had to test it before I carried it with me for defense. It goes in the front pocket of my shorts, jeans, whatever with ease.

I never got in to the argument of ounces of weight in regards to a handgun. It seems like splitting hairs to me. It is heavier than the Kel-Tec, but it goes bang when the trigger is pulled.

I would not advocate this as a primary caliber gun to carry. But, if this is all you can effectively carry at the given time, it is better than nothing, right?

This gun is superior in craftsmanship and functionality, very happy with purchase.

earlthegoat2
February 24, 2009, 12:55 PM
This is a great gun but unfortunately it is priced out of the market. I got one because I wanted an all steel gun and it was that or an NAA guardian (so I got both) If you can stand the weight and the looks then it is great. It kind of has a look similar to those Bond Arms Snake____ thingys.

When you hold this thing is feels like a gun unlike how junky all the other pocket 380s feel.

I really hate this whole wonder380 thing but this gun got me hooked.

kokapelli
February 24, 2009, 12:57 PM
If I had one, I'd be very concerned about the effectiveness of .380 out of a 2.2" barrel.

I'd probably want to use a warm and heavy fmj load.

That is a concern. The ballistics from the Micro Eagle indicate that most 90 gr rounds leave the barrel in the mid 700 fps range.

I wouldn't let that stop me from getting one though since there are much faster round available in 380, like the Buffalo bore 90 gr jhp that clocks 969.5 fps from the Micro.

kokapelli
February 25, 2009, 07:08 PM
As I said in the post above, I wouldn't let the short barrel stop me from getting one and just to prove my point, I did go out and get one today.

I read that the micro was very easy to take down and it is if you have strong hands.

I don't have strong hands and really wrestled with it and finally made a circular part to press the slide against so I could turn the barrel to allow removal of the slide. After that it's a piece of cake.

The pistol quality looks great and it feeds snap caps fine. I'll take it to the range tomorrow and see what happens with real ammo. Sorry for the poor picture quality, but my cam doesn't do close ups very well.

http://4jer.250free.com/images/Micro.jpg

ZombieKiller
February 26, 2009, 12:39 AM
http://www.discountgunsales.com/mr-micro-eagle-380-c-147-p-1-pr-838.html

kokapelli
February 26, 2009, 01:49 PM
Just got back from the range and the first time shooting my Micro.

It was 100% with 3 different brands of ammo and accuracy was very good considering the size of the pistol and my old and diminishing eye sight.

I'm going to paint the sights as I have done on my other guns for better visibility.

Trigger is heavy but very smooth.

I've owned an NAA Guardian, Beretta Tomcat, Kel-Tec P32 and 3, P-3ATs and after this one outing with the Micro, in my opinion it is superior in every respect to all the other pocket guns I have owned.

jocko
February 26, 2009, 02:18 PM
have u looked at NITESITERS.COM. those little dots do work and they will stay on and are chaper than heh. Once u get them on alittle drop of crazy glue and it willseal them on to stay. cleaning won't take um off.

They really do give some lite at nite, but certainly look better in daylite than paint..IMO

kokapelli
February 26, 2009, 03:18 PM
jocko I've read about those dots and they sound good but I've had good luck with fingernail polish applied with a toothpick.

This is my P-3AT with white rear and red front fingernail paint. I've carried this pistol everyday for a couple of years and the fingernail paint is still there.

The Micro slide is nickel plated and I don't know if the paint will stay on as long, but I'll try it first and if that doesn't workout I'll give the dots a try. Thanks.

http://4jer.250free.com/images/3AT%20sites.jpg

gwillys
February 27, 2009, 08:48 AM
hey kokapelli, glad to hear you like it. breakdown was very hard for me at first. after 100 rnds or so, it loosened up and i came up with a method that makes it easy.

its nice to have unflinching confidence, mine's also been 100%.
solid little gun.

btw, the price of the zvi kevin in Czech Republic is around 10000 Koruny = 450 usd. so the $490 i paid isn't too far off the mark. last i saw, the shop where i got mine upped the price to $510. of course, the more the new attorney general flaps his lips, the more demand will increase. nice to know we're a bunch of cowards, lol.

gwillys
March 3, 2009, 09:41 AM
micro 380 expensive??? well i thought so until i saw this:
Seecamp 380 (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=123803944)
jeez:what:

kokapelli
March 3, 2009, 10:02 AM
I never did understand why some people think that just because a gun is small it should be way less expensive.

Just for comparison a Kahr P380 has exactly the same number and type of parts that a Kahr PM9 has and the diminutive size of the parts in the P380 makes them more difficult to make.

So why would anyone expect the P380 to be way less expensive than a larger pistol?

Yes the P380 has a few dollars less material in in it, but not enough so to expect it to be half the price of a PM9.

gwillys
March 4, 2009, 09:04 AM
then theres this:
Rohrbaugh 380 (http://www.gunsamerica.com/993322113/Guns/Pistols/R-Misc-Pistols/ROHRBAUGH_380_2_TONE.htm)
& this:
Kahr P380 (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=121663103)
being sort of a practical type, the 'high end' 380's seem kind of ridiculously priced, but whatever trips yer trigger. supply & demand at its best.

moph759fl
March 4, 2009, 10:06 AM
I'm more than pleased with my Micro Desert Eagle:
It carries well, goes bang every time I pull trigger, accurate enough to defend me and mine, not fun to shoot at the range (But it is not a target pistol), cost more than some, less then others, maybe ugly but ugly does not figure in self-defense.

Nothing wrong with the Kel-Tec P3AT, I just like the MDE .380 Auto better.

verdun59
March 4, 2009, 11:45 AM
I took my Micro to the range yesterday for the second time. The results..were the same as the first time--NO PROBLEMS-- it just goes bang every time as described by other owners. This is a well made gun, did not need any "fluff and buff" to make it work. I've joined the ranks of Kokapelli, Gwillys, and Moph759fl as a satisfied owner. And for some of you other folks, hey if your life is worth $200, then by all means buy a $200 gun.

kokapelli
March 4, 2009, 08:04 PM
I just want to add one thing. I have owned two Kel-Tec P-32 pistols and now have three Kel-Tec P-3AT pistols, all of which produce smilies in the next rounds in the magazines after firing a round.

I have also seen reports of smilies in the bullets of following rounds in the LCP as well.

This is not a problem in the Micro.

Apparently in the locked breach design in these small pistols the feed ramp slams into the next round in the magazine during recoil. Since the Micro is a blowback it doesn't have this problem.

I'm going to shoot some Buffalo Bore ammo from the Micro tomorrow and would be concerned about chamber pressure if there were the possibility of bullet setback caused by the feed ramp slamming into the bullet of the next round, but it's not going to be a problem in the Micro.

PT1911
March 4, 2009, 08:17 PM
I was getting excited..

now I am definitely let down...

gwillys
March 4, 2009, 08:42 PM
im interested to know how it goes with the Buffalo Bore. i cant get it locally, but maybe it'll be worth ordering.

ccoorreeyy
March 14, 2009, 11:21 AM
I got my Micro 380 holster from Hidden Holsters and am very happy with the way it turned out so I thought I would give him a plug here. I got the Rhino-fully stiched version. I like it! Thanks Jim.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x275/ccaallaahhaann/holsters/HiddenHolstersMicro.gif

kokapelli
March 14, 2009, 11:23 AM
Very nice!

harmon rabb
March 14, 2009, 11:27 AM
ruger LCP > that

ccoorreeyy
March 14, 2009, 01:45 PM
harmon what are you saying?

gwillys
March 14, 2009, 06:03 PM
your holster is a beaut! Jim does nice work.

verdun59
March 16, 2009, 01:54 PM
Hey guys you may want to keep firing those Micros, because in range trip number three I had several failure to feed. Came back did a good cleaning, including the magazine and today on range trip number four I had three more failure to feed out of fifty rounds. This is not acceptable.

gwillys
March 16, 2009, 03:26 PM
:eek: what ammo? FN/RN? how does the feed ramp look?

mine didnt like FN. never failed to function, but left some smileys in the alloy feed ramp. so i switched to FMJ RN.

kokapelli
March 16, 2009, 05:10 PM
verdun59, how many rounds have you fired so far?

I haven't had a problem yet at 150 rounds now. I shoot on thursdays and will probably try to put another 50 rounds through the Micro this thursday.

So far I have used Walmart flat nosed, PMC fmj, Remington fmj, Remington HP, American Eagle fmj and Buffalo Bore with Gold Dot bullet.

ccoorreeyy
March 16, 2009, 06:37 PM
No problems out of mine eithor after 400+ rounds. It's proven it self VERY reliable to me.

verdun59
March 16, 2009, 06:39 PM
Kokapelli and Gwillys, I'm at 200 rounds right now. The first 100 were Walmart flat nosed and no problem. But these last two range sessions have been with Independence and it has been bad. I have just compared a flat nosed to the independence, and the independence is both longer by a calling card and a smidgen fatter so at this point I'm chaulking it up to ammo. I wish I could find all the various ammos you are using but there are none to be had around here. I'll just have to wait until some becomes available. As an aside, the independence ammo goes right through my Colt Pony Pocketlite--go figure.

ccoorreeyy
March 17, 2009, 11:05 PM
Alright, for you guys (not me, I like the look) that think the Micro 380 is to Butch, Ugly or Blocky check this out, I think this should help! After months of emails back and forth with ZVI & Magnum Research I was finally able to score what I think are the only two sets of wooden grips in America for these guns. To me it makes the Micro look AWSOME! What do you guys think?

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x275/ccaallaahhaann/good2.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x275/ccaallaahhaann/combined.jpg

gbelleh
March 17, 2009, 11:09 PM
I like the grips! I wonder if these will be more easily available anytime soon?

Maverick223
March 17, 2009, 11:13 PM
What do you guys think?
Well now you have good lookin' grips, now all you need is a good lookin' gun to go with em'. :neener: Not too bad...

verdun59
March 18, 2009, 10:40 AM
Ever considered how they would look if they were sanded down.... just a thought.

kokapelli
March 18, 2009, 10:51 AM
The wood grips look great, but I've never thought the Micro was ugly anyway.

Matter of fact I like it's looks.:D

kokapelli
March 19, 2009, 02:22 PM
Found out that the Micro is sensitive to limp wristing today.

My son shot the Micro today and had a couple of feeding problems, but I had none.

Since I use a very strong grip I suggested he try it again and pay close close attention to his grip. No more problems after that.

Braveheart
March 30, 2009, 05:54 PM
I bought a MDE last Friday for $475. I was only able to get 1 box of ammo as the dealer says 380 is hard to come by. Independence brand 90 gr fmj.
I have have only shot about half the box and have had a jam every 3rd or 4th shot. Maybe different ammo or more break-in is required. Right now I am less than happy. I will post again when I have more to add.

verdun59
March 30, 2009, 08:31 PM
Braveheart,
I'm sure you read my post above, I'm convinced that it's the ammo you are using. Mine didn't need any break-in but that Independence stuff really choked it. I haven't been able to try any other ammo since there is none to be had. Good luck.

senior
March 30, 2009, 09:58 PM
What makes it so special is how many drunks it took to design that butt ugly piece.

TheVirginian
March 31, 2009, 09:51 AM
I think it's a decent looking, tiny piece. I saw one in a dealer's case the other day and had to ask what it was. I had heard talk of the "Baby Eagle" and had assumed that was it and the guy then told me that it was in fact by DE. I definitely like the wooden grips better. I didn't ask to handle it as I wasn't interested.

It is a nice example of an old school pocket rocket. It's too heavy and a bit too short for me by todays standard, which is the Keltech polymer. I find the Keltech to be the be all and end all of pocket guns. It's cheap, accurate, reliable, and its thin enough to look like an actual wallet when in the right holster. Most importantly, it's nearly half the weight of the DE. Once you load it up, they average out a bit better but still the thin poly is more concealable. Anything with weight will make your pocket sag and so draw more attention to it.
-Bill

Braveheart
March 31, 2009, 11:16 AM
verdun59,
I hope that is the problem. I have ordered some different ammo from Cabela's. I'll let you know how that works.

littleguns
May 25, 2009, 07:40 PM
I have one. I am still developing an opinion. It shoots well for what it is. My confidence in it is growing. I mostly practice at 7 yards, point and shoot. I am able to hit center mass quickly even with the long hard trigger. Which I don't mind. Using sights can achive a head shot. Bought it in the hopes of 100 percent reliability. Had a minor issue during the break in. But now its ok, last 100 rounds no problems. Need more time and rounds to say for sure. It will replace my Kel Tec and S &W Chief. Sort of compromise of both in size and weight.

fmfdocglock
June 1, 2009, 07:44 PM
New to the forum. Hi folks.

I picked up the DME yesterday. Wanted a "summer carry".

I looked at the NAA Guardian, Ruger LCP, Kel-Tec, and the DME.

I liked the fact that it was all metal. Hopefully built to last. Felt better in my hand than the LCP and the Kel-Tec.

The trigger pull was stiff. I put 50 rounds of Blazer 90g FMJ through it. I had misfeeds on the first 4 mags. No "really bad" jams. None after that.

I put 2 mags of Corbon 90g through it also. No misfeeds.

Dinner plate size pattern at 20 ft. Better as I went along.

My hand was sore after the 50 rounds due to the stiff pull. IMO the trigger pull on the Guardian and DME were about the same. The LCP and Kel-Tec a little lighter. I like the stiffer pull as a safety. Not a range gun, IMO.

Cleaning was relatively easy. I cycled some rounds through it and no misfeeds. Need to get some snap caps for that. I typically do not cycle rounds.

I like the way it feels in my hand. At 14 oz. it has a little heft. I suspect it will need a good break-in and attention to maintenance, lubrication.

I am not an "expert", but have used .45acps on a regular basis (1911, G-30, XD) since my time in the service 25 yrs ago.

Ordered a couple of extra mags and a IWB holster for it. But will probably wear it on the ankle when I wear my Justins or Noconas.

Keep ya'll updated as I break it in.

PS: I ordered a Ruger LCP for the wife.

jon_in_wv
June 2, 2009, 08:04 AM
I handled one yesterday at a local shop. The grip felt terrible, and it looked like the slide would like to take a bite out of my hand. Overall I wouldn't even remotely consider trading my LCP for it. I've got several hundred rounds through my LCP without a hiccup. I'm perfectly happy with it. For the rice of the Micro I can cover the cost of my LCP and have it sent off for better sights. I see no advantage to the Micro, sorry.

kokapelli
June 2, 2009, 09:06 PM
I handled one yesterday at a local shop. The grip felt terrible, and it looked like the slide would like to take a bite out of my hand. Overall I wouldn't even remotely consider trading my LCP for it. I've got several hundred rounds through my LCP without a hiccup. I'm perfectly happy with it. For the rice of the Micro I can cover the cost of my LCP and have it sent off for better sights. I see no advantage to the Micro, sorry.

I'm always willing to spend more for quality. I guess it's just a personal thing.

But why go through the bother of sending the LCP back for extra work to improve the sights when the Micro already comes with better sights, an all metal frame and for me is more accurate than the LCP or the P-3AT.

The first time I took the Micro apart for cleaning and saw the fine workmanship in the little pistol, I knew I hadn't make a mistake getting it.

The reason I liked and purchased the Micro, is in my opinion the Micro's action is a better action for a small 380 pocket pistol.

The locked breach action in the tiny pocket pistols seems to present some real problems with so little room.

I'm approaching 500 rounds with my Micro and the slide has not touched my hand and the grip is just fine for me.

I understand that some people don't want to spend more money for a pistol if they can get by with one that's cheaper, but I am more than willing to to spend the extra money for better quality that pistols like the Micro has, or the Kahr P380 for that matter.

fmfdocglock
June 2, 2009, 10:52 PM
My first trip was post #150.

I went to the range after work.

Ran through a box and a half of Blazer 90g FMJs. Many jams. Unfortunately it the only brand available at my local shop. Its bad enough that 380 is $20 a box here.

No jams with Corbon 90g so far, but I don't want to spend money on SD ammo for range time to break it in.

Any suggestions?

jon_in_wv
June 2, 2009, 11:20 PM
I was NOT impressed with the quality of the micro. The metal casting/machining didn't look that nice. The ergos of the weapon were terrible. The grip angle was terrible. The ONLY thing that was better was the sights. With better sights I'll pick the LCP over the Micro ANY day. Even WITHOUT the sights I'll take my LCP. The trigger pull of the micro was at LEAST double the trigger pull of my LCP. I have over 500 rounds through mine and its been 100% reliable. Its accurate and easy to carry. Its also a LOT cheaper than a Micro even with new sights. I don't see the logic of spending a lot more to get less.

If it fits your hand I'm sure its just fine. If it works it works. It just didn't suit me at all.

chihuahuatn
June 2, 2009, 11:34 PM
I looked in dept at the micro, way to thick and heavy compared to the LCP and P3AT for my carry tastes. My P3AT hit 1700 rds this week, 4ftf in the first 200rds (two in the first mag) , not worried. The WIDTH and the WEIGHT are key for me. I have no doubt the micro is a quality weapon. My well maintained P3AT and LCP are too.
My .02,
Mike

2RCO
June 2, 2009, 11:47 PM
I bought the first one my local dealer got in. I though at the time it was the greatest thing ever. Then I got my hands on a P3AT and the love affair ended. The Micro is damn bulky compared to the P3AT although the Micro is built like a brick outhouse and the Keltec looks like it's made out of melted GI Joes.

fmfdocglock
June 12, 2009, 06:45 PM
My first trip was post #150.

I went to the range after work.

Ran through a box and a half of Blazer 90g FMJs. Many jams. Unfortunately it the only brand available at my local shop. Its bad enough that 380 is $20 a box here.

No jams with Corbon 90g so far, but I don't want to spend money on SD ammo for range time to break it in.

Any suggestions?

Made my third trip to the range.

Put a box of blazer 90g through as that is all the range had. One jam this time, as opposed to multiple.

Put two mags of CorBon through, and it was OK.

jocko
June 12, 2009, 07:13 PM
Put ur hands around the Kahr P380 and then feel what a real quality little gun with dovetailed sites can do.

Ihave had kt;'s and stillown my lcp, and this P380 is the most accurate 380 I have ever shot. I have yet to fiugre it all out yet but I shoot it better than my PM9 with over 20,000 rounds through it. It is not cheap,but niether is the Micro..

photogbill
June 16, 2009, 12:01 AM
I just picked up a MDE for myself yesterday and am anxious to try it out at the range.

Just a quick thanks to several members here ...for making my decision an easy one.

The first time I took the Micro apart for cleaning and saw the fine workmanship in the little pistol, I knew I hadn't make a mistake getting it.

I agree with kokapelli completely!

And I find it amusing and absurd, at the same time that several have remarked that the MDE is "ugly" ...or worse ..."butt ugly". I guess the saying that beauty is in the eye of the beholder is proven here.

If I were to try and define the MDE in automobile terms ...I would have to classify the MDE as a Mercedes ...with it's clean, smooth lines and tight finish ...as well as the solid feel you get when handling it. ;)

Thanks again to the forum members here for their input!

CZF
June 29, 2010, 04:04 PM
Anyone using the MDE in a ankle holster?

nastynatesfish
November 8, 2010, 10:27 AM
Have a chance to pick one of these up for 300 bucks. What's the finall verdic. Its gonna be a pistol for my wife since she drives all over at all hours for home health care. What's the accuracy like. Is it worth the pricetag. Hasn't had but 200 rounds put throuh it?

kokapelli
November 8, 2010, 10:38 AM
I have one and it's very reliable, but it also is the heaviest recoiling pocket gun I have.

If your wife can handle the recoil fine, otherwise I would suggest you look at one of the locked breech designed pistols.

CZF
November 8, 2010, 08:58 PM
I have no problem with the recoil, neither has anyone else that's shot it.
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/czrami/GUNS2/MDE/MDE-KEV-2.png
Much less recoil than a CZ83 in .380 or 9mm MAK.

Waayyyy less recoil than the 642 that I had. It froze up solid after 4 factory rounds.
That stopped the pounding to my hand.

I wish my bad back would allow me to carry a bigger gun, but I'm pretty much fighting pain, or stuck with a .380 or 38 snubby.

The MDE holds 7 rounds loaded and is just techno cool.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/czrami/GUNS2/MDE/Marschal%20Grips/mdewal.jpg

I only wish High Noon would offer belt holsters for the Micro.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/czrami/GUNS2/MDE/DT380-4.jpg

Digitalshooter
March 22, 2011, 11:07 AM
I Just recently began making carbon fiber and other grips for the Micro Desert Eagle. I'm creating both the checkered form and a perfectly smooth one also. I just have a few examples so far, but plan to add more photos as I create more.

http://www.designergrips.com/samples/MDE (http://www.designergrips.com/samples/MDE)

They are all reinforced with Kevlar around the screw holes and the tabs that insert into the frame, as well as fiberglass in the mix.

If you enjoyed reading about "Micro Desert Eagle .380?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!