Where do you guys get your lead bullets from?

PDA

possum
November 11, 2008, 01:33 AM
I have been using the Valiant lead bullets from the guy down in alabama, they are good but he dosen't have a website and i don't have his contact info. i see that there are alot of people online that sell cast bullets. i am looking for 180gr .401 to be exact. with Valiant i was paying $90ish for 2000rds, the cheapest i see online is $70 per k. any body point me in the direction of a good seller that has good bullets for a good price? thanks a bunch.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where do you guys get your lead bullets from?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
snuffy
November 11, 2008, 02:07 AM

From right under the pour spout of my lead pot.! If I had to buy from anybody else, I wouldn't shoot lead boolits.

Daizee
November 11, 2008, 02:18 AM
I used something called "Roger's Better Bullets" for DEWC in my .38, but they leaded like crazy. Same problem with Oregon Trail. I'm told it's because both bullets are too hard for my bullseye pressures. The Oregeon Trail's are AWESOME in my .357, and shoot clean as a whistle. I'm experimenting with additional lube for my next batches with these hard bullets

I also just ordered 1500 in 3 calibers from Jesse at Tennessee Valley Bullets. They are supposedly softer and will perform at mid-range velocities without leading. I haven't loaded/shot any of them yet. His prices are fair, and he seems like a very nice guy.

-Daizee

KegCommando
November 11, 2008, 02:33 AM
Never used them, but have them bookmarked based on a few posts I saw:

Misouri Bullet Company
http://www.missouribullet.com/

armoredman
November 11, 2008, 05:53 AM
Ditto to #2, cast my own.

qajaq59
November 11, 2008, 07:43 AM
I get mine from Space Coast Bullets in Melbourne FL. I'm not sure if he sells on line though as I'm a local.

lordgroom
November 11, 2008, 07:48 AM
Cast my own. Great hobby and the learning aspect makes it twice the fun.

Before casting I bought locally or from Cabella's at sale prices before prices became outrageous.

calaverasslim
November 11, 2008, 07:59 AM
6 months ago, lead prices were sky-high and the bullet companies passed the lead cost increase to the shooter. The lead prices are really coming down now, but don't see the bullet prices coming down.

I have been castin bullets for about 15 years and have really saved. I usally run about 500 rounds at a time and that will generally last several months, up to 6 months. The ones I shoot the most is the 146rn in 38 and 200 rnfl in 44 so I have to cast more of them.

There is a feller down outta Tampa Bay in Fl. who casts and sells, named Woody, who has some great bullets at a very fair price that my friends have done business with and they like his product. If I didn;t cast, he is who I would go with.

LJH
November 11, 2008, 08:10 AM
I have used Misouri Bullet Company. Great people to deal.

http://www.missouribullet.com/

SSN Vet
November 11, 2008, 10:29 AM

wheel weights ... free, complements of Bob and Rog down at the Garage

Gas checks.... Midway (going to have to break down and get the soda can gas check punch tool when these are gone)

Lube ... Lars or the Bull Shop

all processed in me own basement...

it's a lot of work... but it's also a lot of fun. ;)

jcwit
November 11, 2008, 10:43 AM
Cast all the way. Wheel weights & range lead.

357mag357
November 11, 2008, 11:31 AM
www.reloadsnmore.com
I have bought from the owner in the past with good results. He is local so I save a few bucks on shipping. I would recommend his bullets.

Travis Two
November 11, 2008, 12:39 PM
www.pennbullets.com. Best there is. Slow to get sometimes but worth the wait. lowest weight deviations of any cast bullet and outstanding accuracy. Plus alloys are custom blended for their intended applications. 38 148 wadcutters and .45s are cast to perform for sub -1000 fps loadings and magnum type bullets are good to 1600= fps. Bob is a great guy to do buisness with. Usually best to call him and get delivery times.

putteral
November 11, 2008, 02:21 PM
Try Stonewall Bullets. The best price I have found online. Good bullets and Robert is a great guy to deal with
http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php/topic,23847.0.html

depoloni
November 11, 2008, 05:46 PM
Dardas Cast Bullets
- local "little" guy (in michigan)
- GREAT product
- GREAT prices
- THR Member (and several other handloader forums)

http://www.dardascastbullets.webs.com/

krs
November 11, 2008, 05:49 PM
you've got to contact Artie and Jimmie at The Bulletworks in Texas: http://www.bulletworks.com/index.html

Great pricing, good bullets, and a beautiful way of doing business.

When I first tried them I sent an inquiry email asking if the prices shown were in effect still, and frankly, I was checking to see if they were still in business. I included my name and addressing and said that I'd be interested in 2000 .45 LSWC if they were still there.

I never got a response. Good thing that I didn't go somewhere else to order bullets right then because a few days later a heavy box arrived by our rural mail carrier.

They had sent me the bullets on the cuff even though they didn't know me from Adam, and the shipping for that weight was just $12.00 because they used the USPS Flat Rate box to send the bullets.

There was an invoice inside and I sent a check.

Just last Wednesday I ordered more. I totaled up from their site and sent a check after Artie confirmed that the prices were still good. She said she wasn't sure if she could catch the mail but would send them right away.

I sent my check in Thursday's mail, but Artie beat me to the punch it looks like because the bullets arrived Friday.

It sure feels nice to deal with folks who trust you until you give a reason not to, and I can't sing my praises loud enough.

RustyFN
November 11, 2008, 07:45 PM
Another one who cast his own. It's the only way to go.
Rusty

Ala Dan
November 11, 2008, 07:52 PM
If you are too lazy too cast your own, try Magnus Bullets of Toney, AL;
or Roze Distributors, Cullman AL. Roze distributes for Zero Bullet Company.

bluetopper
November 11, 2008, 08:33 PM
Two Alpha Bullets

rondog
November 11, 2008, 08:46 PM
I'm not tellin', it's too good of a source with excellent prices. He has enough trouble keeping up with demand as it is.

possum
November 11, 2008, 11:12 PM
thanks to everyone i will look into each and ever one of these sites. however i will not cast my own.

1858rem
November 11, 2008, 11:33 PM
what have you against casting your own? 1.1 cents/255g slug was all a needed vs 8 cents lol:what:

Floppy_D
November 11, 2008, 11:35 PM
any reason? my wife vehemently opposed casting because it led to lead poisoning... and a year later my lead levels are quite low, for a guy who cranks up the pot monthly and loads at least a few rounds 4 of 7 nights a week, with a weekly range trip.

I pay $0.40 a lb for WWs. I can buy Proofmark cast bullets for around $40/500. I can cast 155g bullets for $4.43/500. It runs about 1/10th the cost to cast. Therefore, I cast.

I guess I know several "shooters," but fewer "loaders," and even fewer "casters." We happy few. :)

1858rem
November 11, 2008, 11:38 PM
lol im gettin WW at .30/lb:neener: led poisoning is bad, one sign is aches in all your joints(if you dont have arthritis this is good to know i think:D), regular blood checks arnt bad anyhow

Sport45
November 12, 2008, 01:40 AM
Mike at Mastercast (http://www.mastercastbullets.com/) has a reputation for producing very good bullets at a reasonable price.

I've bought from Mangus, Houston Cartridge, Northeast Bullet, Two Alpha and Stonewall and their bullets are fine for my skill level. I think I'll try a small order from Mastercast next time to see if it will improve my targets.

kansas45
November 12, 2008, 02:05 AM
http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/

possum
November 12, 2008, 03:06 AM
what have you against casting your own? 1.1 cents/255g slug was all a needed vs 8 cents lol
i don't have the time. where does it end? i guess i should start making my own brass and powder and primers too while i am at it.:)

RidgwayCO
November 12, 2008, 01:24 PM
My most recent lead bullet purchases have been from:

Missouri Bullet (.38 Special and .44 Special)
http://www.missouribullet.com/index.html

Dardas Bullet (9mm)
http://www.dardascastbullets.webs.com/

Tennessee Valley Bullet (.380)
http://www.tennesseevalleybullets.com/

IMO, all three produce excellent bullets at reasonable prices.

RustyFN
November 12, 2008, 06:48 PM
where does it end? i guess i should start making my own brass
Don't need to do that it's all over the ground free for the taking.

tomh1426
November 12, 2008, 06:54 PM
Mike at http://www.mastercastbullets.com/ gets all my buisness.

possum
November 12, 2008, 10:29 PM
Don't need to do that it's all over the ground free for the taking.
oh i know but how cool would that be to make your own brass too you know!

1858rem
November 12, 2008, 11:02 PM
i guess i should start making my own brass and powder and primers too while i am at it
i wonder if they have a tool for making primers, like the tap-o-cap for percussion caps? not something bad to look into w/current situation:scrutiny:

and yes i too am havening trouble finding time to cast while i work six days a week and go to college full time too, i have some time, but not enough afterwards to properly clean up, so currently i only have one day a week off school and work to fit everything fun into:(

rondog
November 13, 2008, 02:31 PM
OK, I didn't want to mention my supplier without his permission first, didn't want him to get swamped unexpectedly. He gave me the go-ahead, so here it is.....

James Ziegler
jamesziegler@cox.net

These are all just cast lead, sized and lubed, no jackets.

9mm 124gr. LRN, 500 for $20
.38/.357 158gr. SWC. 500 for $22
.40/10mm 180gr. RNFP, 500 for $23
.44mag/.44spl. 240gr. SWC, 500 for $28
.45acp 200gr. RNFP, 500 for $27
.45acp 230gr. LRN, 500 for $30

It's a small menu, but the best prices I've found, and great quality bullets IMO. He told me he has either three or four of the Magma bullet casting machines, so he can crank 'em out at a pretty good rate.

I don't want to be responsible for handing out his address and phone number, so email him if you're interested. He said he's got a pretty good stockpile built up, so get after it y'all!

TEDDY
November 13, 2008, 09:07 PM
any one with lead or worried try iron suppliments and same with zinc.iiron displaces lead and zinc amalgams with it and flushes out.

XD-40 Shooter
November 13, 2008, 11:01 PM
I usually buy the 2000 count Ranier box, in 40 S&W, from Midwayusa, $205 with free shipping and if you hit one of their sales and they are in stock, the price drops to $185.:)

possum
November 22, 2008, 08:35 PM
I usually buy the 2000 count Ranier box, in 40 S&W, from Midwayusa, $205 with free shipping and if you hit one of their sales and they are in stock, the price drops to $185.
thank you very much, i have used rainier quite a bit in the past and i have had good luck with it.

rondog,
thank you i will definetly be sending him an email, those are awesome prices.

rfwobbly
November 22, 2008, 08:53 PM
I like the "black bullets" from Precision Bullets

http://www.precisionbullets.com/

As tough as plated or jacketed at half the price.

ArchAngelCD
November 23, 2008, 12:48 AM
krs,
I've been wanting to try Bullet works for a while now. Can you please tell me how hard their bullets are? (If you know) I don't want them too hard because they can lead just as bad as those that are too soft. Also, are they accurate bullets?

Thanks...

moosehunt
November 23, 2008, 02:01 AM
Read through this out of curiosity and was surprised that no one mentioned Siver State Bullets out of Carson City, NV. I just checked yesterday and .45 cal 230 RN, sized and lubed, were $30 per 500. I'm lucky to be close enough buy direct, but I know they ship all over and supply the likes of Cabelas and Sportsmans Wharehouse, at least some stores if not all. I've been very pleased with them. As to casting, I simply don't have the time to cast pistol bullets, though I do cast balls for my BP use, and have cast others in the past, but the time just isn't there for most of my use.

Ky Larry
November 23, 2008, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I bought about 20,000 cast bullets from a local caster a few years ago. He's retired so I'll have to find another source.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where do you guys get your lead bullets from?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!