question about gun grease...

PDA

nate oorlog
November 11, 2008, 12:55 PM
the town i live in has jack for firearms stores and the couple that there is dont carry any gun grease i was wondering if this would work for lubing the slide on my 45 m&p since its the only stuff i can find locally besides regular gun oil.
https://secure.tcarms.com/store/index.php/a...3/prevstart/54/

If you enjoyed reading about "question about gun grease..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RKBABob
November 11, 2008, 01:29 PM
Welcome to the forum, Nate!

I can't seem to follow that link... but I'm at work, so it may just be our network (java and all the other cool stuff is disabled for 'security reasons'):rolleyes: Quite a few people swear by plain ol' white lithium grease, available at any auto parts isle at Wal*Mart... and its cheap. Grease is grease, for the most part...

Then again, I'm a revolver guy, so I don't do too much greasing, anyway. :scrutiny:

nate oorlog
November 11, 2008, 01:37 PM
the grease in that link is thompson arms t17 breech plug grease.if that helps at all

ATAShooter
November 11, 2008, 01:39 PM
One product that TC arms uses on breech plugs is Super Lube. It is avail at Walmart and does a great job. Now, I will say, if you want something that has the protection of a grease, but applies like an oil, consider STP oil Treatment. Clings like a grease, and can be applied with a needle oiler.

GRIZ22
November 11, 2008, 02:07 PM
Look in auto parts, Walmart, etc for all purpose lubes containyng ptfe. Same stuff as in Breakfree and other gun lubes.

The Bushmaster
November 11, 2008, 03:16 PM
What GRIZ22 said except that any quality wheel bearing grease will work on semi-auto slide rails. Use Mobile 1 5W-30 for the rest of the moving parts of both revolver, semi-auto and rifle. I would even use the grease on the bolt slide rails and lugs of the rifle bolt...Do you have access to bore cleaning products? If not, order from a reputable on line dealer like www.midwayusa.com

If you enjoyed reading about "question about gun grease..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!