Help :confused:

PDA

anubix91
November 12, 2008, 07:42 PM
Does anybody know what kind of bullet this is?I bought it a couple of years ago and ran across it. I was just curious about it's origin. If you can help me, that would be awesome.

-anubix91

If you enjoyed reading about "Help :confused:" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Walkalong
November 12, 2008, 07:49 PM
whoops - never mind, but welcome to THR while I'm here. :)

Jim Watson
November 12, 2008, 07:59 PM
Since it has no primer or flashhole, and a hole drilled in the side of the case, and is in a machine gun link, I figure it is a training or test dummy cartridge to set up a MG with.

F A = Frankford Arsenal
4 = made in 1944
To save the cost of a new headstamp date "bunter" reading 44, they just ground the 3 off the 1943 stamp. Might have been 1954, etc, maybe a cartridge collector will come along with more.

anubix91
November 13, 2008, 06:05 PM
I had been wondering for a while. The person I bought it from said that it was from the WWII time period. You confirmed that and more.
Thank you.

TEDDY
November 13, 2008, 08:41 PM
I have some they are dummy rds the hole is notice of dummy rd.

rcmodel
November 14, 2008, 12:51 PM
The zinc plated, steel case, is a good indication it is not, and never was, a live round.

WWII Dummy .50 cal MG Training Round for sure.

tlen
November 14, 2008, 06:41 PM
The zinc plated, steel case, is a good indication it is not, and never was, a live round. WWII Dummy .50 cal MG Training Round for sure.
+1, I have 2 of them........ FA, 1944
http://www.biggerhammer.net/barrett/faq.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Help :confused:" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!