Clarification please

PDA

TeamPrecisionIT
November 13, 2008, 08:44 AM
I was reading over the NRAILA.org site's gun laws portion for here in Virginia and came across this:
"It is unlawful to possess, sell, transfer, or import any semi-automatic folding stock shotgun with a spring tension drum magazine capable of holding 12 rounds."
So does this mean that it can hold more then 12 rounds even if it falls under the same physical charateristics? Meaning if I were to replace the 12 round magazine with a 20 or 30 round or any other modification? I'm just curious, I don't own a weapon that falls under this at all but was curious to see what you guys would interprete this as.

Damian

If you enjoyed reading about "Clarification please" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kind of Blued
November 13, 2008, 08:52 AM
Your first step is to see if that actually is a law (did NRA cite it?), and if so, read the ACTUAL law. FWIW, I don't think it is currently federal law, although it could be applicable in one of several states.

If you enjoyed reading about "Clarification please" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!