Email Settings

PDA

Andrew Wyatt
November 13, 2008, 02:09 PM
Is there a way to change my preferences so I don't get any more of those annoying "come over to THR.US" emails? I got two of them last night,within hours of each other.

If you enjoyed reading about "Email Settings" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nalioth
November 13, 2008, 02:39 PM
I believe those were sent manually.

So, short of having your account deleted, your answer is probably 'no'.

buckthedog
November 13, 2008, 03:58 PM
You can probably log into the .us site and change your settings

Andrew Wyatt
November 13, 2008, 04:09 PM
this is fantastically irritating. I never signed up for the THR.us site. I signed up here.

Beren
November 13, 2008, 07:42 PM
Unfortunately, nothing done here will alter whether or not you are spammed by Oleg.

Your most direct course of action would be to email Oleg and demand that he remove you from their mailing list.

Alternatively, depending on your email software, you can add it to your spam filter or block list.

Oleg Volk
November 13, 2008, 10:09 PM
I don't expect to be sending out more emails. The first message last month went to a small subset of the members. This one went to the rest, hopefully without any overlap.

Andrew Wyatt
November 14, 2008, 03:11 AM
I got a total of six. Three from each batch.

hso
November 14, 2008, 11:26 AM
As has been said, we can't do anything about it here.

Those email addresses were mined over on the dotus site and that's the source for the mass mailing, not here.

MMCSRET
November 14, 2008, 12:58 PM
i only got the 1st one, I some how feel shorted. " Mom always liked you best!!!!!"

dwave
November 14, 2008, 07:36 PM
I got two, and trust me MMCSRET, I feel annoyed, not shorted! :)

rbernie
November 14, 2008, 08:38 PM
I didn't get any. <sniff>

Oleg Volk
November 14, 2008, 09:33 PM
Not sure why multiple emails went out. I sent one message a month ago, and one recently.

sm
November 15, 2008, 01:53 AM
The first "wave" I received 13 emails informing me of thr.us. Just one right after another in rapid sucession.
I remember the number 13.

Same day, a few hours later, I rec'd 9 more, best recall.
Same day, and a few more hours later, I get around 7.

This kept on, though dwindling down to one, two, or three , fired off in rapid succession in a 24 hour period

The next day, going from memory, I rec'd about a dozen total that day.
The following day, about a half dozen.

This does not include some "real interesting" notifications of me having a PM at .us.
Especially since my PMs are off over there, and I have changed password , a bunch of times.

The latest "batch" sent out was around a dozen.

I will not be getting anymore of these, I assure you.

Oleg Volk
November 15, 2008, 02:31 AM
Unfortunately, that's from a cause unknown to me. A test email sent to me arrive by itself...no extra copies. I don't recall sending PMs to anyone except in response.

If you enjoyed reading about "Email Settings" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!