Most antigun movie ever, Shoot 'em Up? Brave One? American Gun?

PDA

damien
November 13, 2008, 05:54 PM
Obviously I am tagging onto the earlier popular thread about progun movies. What are the worst ones?

If you enjoyed reading about "Most antigun movie ever, Shoot 'em Up? Brave One? American Gun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Pilot
November 13, 2008, 05:57 PM
Bowling for Columbine. Fortunately, I think Michael Moore has been exposed for what he is. A dishonest, lieing jerk.

PILMAN
November 13, 2008, 05:58 PM
Elephant is up there, what is Brave One?

Monkeyleg
November 13, 2008, 06:12 PM
I'm generally sensitive to anti-gun bias, but I didn't see it in "The Brave One." The movie was about revenge, more like a better version of the old Charles Bronson "Death Wish" series.

Jodie Foster's fiance gets murdered, she has to buy a gun illegally, she starts shooting bad guys, and in the end she kills her fiance's murderers. What's not to like?

RPCVYemen
November 13, 2008, 06:27 PM
I'm generally sensitive to anti-gun bias, but I didn't see it in "The Brave One."

I agree. I thought you could even read a moderate pro-gun message. As I recall, the main character is a victim of a violent crime, and frightened to death - with the perps running free, and apparently unconcerned cops, she goes to a gun shop and is told she has to wait 30 days (or something like that). She sau she needs it now. It has been a long time since I saw the movie, but I think I remember that scene correctly.

I wouldn't call it a Charles Bronson movie exactly. I think it's more focused on the psychological impact of revenge.

Mike

SAG0282
November 13, 2008, 07:18 PM
Yeah I liked "Brave One"...if they'd intended an anti-gun message they clearly failed.

Blue .45
November 13, 2008, 07:29 PM
she goes to a gun shop and is told she has to wait 30 days (or something like that). She sau she needs it now.

Fortunately, she was shopping at the vigilante gun shop. where there was a shady character lurking around the shop, waiting to sell her a gun, illegally. Never seen that at any of the stores I frequent. Then again. I'm no vigilante.

mgregg85
November 13, 2008, 07:29 PM
Didn't American Gun have one positive story out of the three storylines?

Shoot 'Em Up was just plain awful, because of the anti-gun agenda and the crappy storyline.

In high school they made us watch The American President and I hated it, pushing anti gun agenda in an otherwise ok movie.

The Lethal Weapon series had a lot of anti-gun BS as well. The "cop killer" bullets and the whole "find the man who put the gun in my son's hand" crap.

Animal Mother
November 13, 2008, 08:01 PM
The Lethal Weapon series had a lot of anti-gun BS as well. The "cop killer" bullets and the whole "find the man who put the gun in my son's hand" crap.

The Lethal Weapon series is full of anti-gun propaganda.

I felt the Brave One had something of a pro-gun message.

Quiet
November 14, 2008, 10:54 AM
"Runaway Jury" = "evil" gun industry rigs court case because that's they only way they could ever win.

RPCVYemen
November 14, 2008, 11:05 AM
Fortunately, she was shopping at the vigilante gun shop. where there was a shady character lurking around the shop, waiting to sell her a gun, illegally. Never seen that at any of the stores I frequent.

Huh. When I saw that scene, I saw it as a case where a completely unreasonable waiting period law compelled her to obtain a gun illegally from a nefarious character for her own protection.

Mike

Matt-J2
November 14, 2008, 11:05 AM
Shoot em Up isn't a serious movie, guys. It might be a bit anti, but it's intended as a parody of all the action movies ever made. It was, quite frankly, intensely funny.

If you've ever seen that movie, then maybe we should ban carrots.

SsevenN
November 14, 2008, 11:24 AM
Ahh Carrots.

A modern day gunslingers best friend.:D

CZ.22
November 14, 2008, 11:30 AM
Yeah, there's Lethal Weapon 3, with its anti-gun message, but there is also bunch of anti-NRA signs and posters saying "ban all civilian assault weapons" scattered around.
Danny, Mel, and most particularily Joe Pesci's acting makes up for it, though.

natman
November 14, 2008, 08:55 PM
+1 for Runaway Jury. The theme is that the only way the evil evil evil gun manufacturers manage to get away with it is because they bribe and coerce jurors.

If it weren't for that justice would prevail.

Pure liberal fantasy.

newkahrman
November 14, 2008, 10:20 PM
+1 more on runaway jury. I couldn't even watch all of it, it pissed me off so much in the first five minutes.

.38 Special
November 14, 2008, 10:21 PM
Shoot em Up isn't a serious movie, guys. It might be a bit anti, but it's intended as a parody of all the action movies ever made.

Really? I had been thinking it was just a really bad movie. Guess I should watch it again and keep an eye out for camp.

Texasred
November 14, 2008, 10:25 PM
Shoot em up was the biggest waste of film I have ever seen, horrible, even if you avoid the silly anti-gun message.

If you enjoyed reading about "Most antigun movie ever, Shoot 'em Up? Brave One? American Gun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!