Bought my 3rd SKS today

PDA

doc540
November 15, 2008, 09:08 PM
Well, hell's bells, I'm keeping the first Russian I bought and because of all the hardcore SKS hoppleheads I'm not going to do anything with it but shoot it, clean it, and store it. No bubbification of the Tula.

Sold the second nice Russian to a guy I work with. Don't know what he's going to do with it, but I did buy 1,000 rounds of ammo today of which he is buying half. That gives me a clue.

Bought a pitiful looking Norinco yesterday. I'm reluctant to post pics because of what some gomer did to the stock. He actually tried to carve flames into the edges and proceeded to fill them in with what looks like a ballpoint pen. I shlt you not. Too much time, too little brains.

The good news?

The barrel, trigger, and action are in excellent condition.

Can you hear that BUBBA TRAIN A'ROLLIN'??

Ordered a Tapco T6 today. Think I'm gonna call it the "HRC" model. Y'all remember her, don'cha?

I'm naming it in her honor since she'll be spurring that AWB for everything it's worth.

That's all I have to report now.

3 SKS's in 10 days and the dynamo ain't even hummin' yet.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bought my 3rd SKS today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mach2
November 15, 2008, 09:12 PM
Flames carved into the stock? That's a good one.

doc540
November 15, 2008, 09:16 PM
Yep, I can see it now:

The trailer house with foil on the windows.

TWO cars up on blocks in the yard.

The SKS across a TV tray and Goober intently filling in the flames with a ballpoint scooped from his local unemployment office.:D

Auburn1992
November 15, 2008, 09:39 PM
I for one would love to see the pics.

1 old 0311
November 16, 2008, 03:10 PM
Bought my first SKS, a new Chinese, for $99.00 in the late 80's. Sorry I didn't buy 10.:cuss:

Shade00
November 16, 2008, 03:24 PM
Hey, I'm thinking about picking one up. My Norinco has been through three stocks so far: first the junky wood stock that Bubba had screwed up before me, then a Tapco T6, and right now an ATI Monte Carlo. I put it in the Monte Carlo to take hunting - I was fortunate, as my Norinco already had a scope mount rail on the side of the receiver.

Anyway, I love the little gun in any of the stocks, but I'm honestly thinking about going back to just plain old wood. Let's see some pics of this Bubba's work!

If you enjoyed reading about "Bought my 3rd SKS today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!