Lead shot reload - bulk, best place to buy?

PDA

wacki
November 15, 2008, 09:28 PM
What is the best place to buy lead shot?

I'm interested in bulk quantities of 8 or 9 shot for trap/skeet and 00 buck for SHTF fan scenario.

By bulk I mean I will buy a minimum of 50 lbs and will easily consider up to 200 lbs of lead.

If you enjoyed reading about "Lead shot reload - bulk, best place to buy?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
distra
November 15, 2008, 09:36 PM
I get my shot from our club. We buy several tons of shot in bulk and then sell it to club members. You might try your local skeet or trap club they might be able to hook up.

Rancho Relaxo
November 15, 2008, 09:38 PM
Lead shot is sold in 25lb bags, I wouldn't expect a discount of any kind unless you order a pallet's worth. It doesn't say where you live so I can't advise you on where to buy it. Local trap/skeet clubs and some of your bigger sporting goods stores will have bags of it.

wacki
November 15, 2008, 10:06 PM
Gander mountain has the #9 but they don't have any 00 buck.

I'm in Indianapolis Indiana

Rancho Relaxo
November 15, 2008, 11:55 PM
I've never looked for 00 buckshot to reload, but I just looked it up and Midwayusa sells a 5lb box of Hornady 00 buckshot for $24. I don't know how many rounds you can get out of a 5lb box, so I can't tell you if it would be economical to buy it.

ants
November 16, 2008, 12:13 AM
Sportman's Warehouse sells the Hornady 00.

Call Lawrence direct for lead shot. They will ship 2500 pounds in a 55 gallon drum.
This is the number I have for them. 866-618-7468 or 618-798-6112
They are in IL, so the shipping won't be too hard on you.
This is how many clubs buy in bulk for their members. There are other lead companies who ship in bulk, but you'll have to do a search for them.

P.S. When you buy your drum, ask them to throw in the nylon sacks. Then sack it and sell it to others cheaper than the stores retail it. You can recover a lot of your money.

oneounceload
November 16, 2008, 09:52 PM
[/QUOTE]Lead shot is sold in 25lb bags, I wouldn't expect a discount of any kind unless you order a pallet's worth. It doesn't say where you live so I can't advise you on where to buy it. Local trap/skeet clubs and some of your bigger sporting goods stores will have bags of it.[/QUOTE]

bingo....50 lbs is NOT bulk, a 2000# pallet is starting to get there

go to your gun club and see if they have some mined, or "reclaimed" shot - great for practice

rm1
November 16, 2008, 11:36 PM
There's a guy HERE (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?p=430136#post430136) that has shot for sale.

35 Whelen
November 17, 2008, 12:08 AM
Why don't you cast your buckshot? Multi-cavity moulds are fairly cheap. Shot can be made with a Littleto shotmaker. Google for more info.
35W

If you enjoyed reading about "Lead shot reload - bulk, best place to buy?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!