Newbies, some day you'll need it.

PDA

qajaq59
November 16, 2008, 06:57 AM
Over forty years ago I saw a RCBS stuck case remover, it must have been on sale as money was tight in those days, and I bought it. It has sat in a drawer all these years until yesterday when apparently I wasn't paying enough attention and got a case stuck in the die.
No panic, no hopping on the computer to order one, and thankfully, no waiting for UPS to arrive in a week. 15 minutes later the case was out and I was able to finish my loading.
My advice to the Newbies is to buy one and stick it in a drawer. And hopefully it'll take you as long to need it as it did me. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Newbies, some day you'll need it." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
74shovel
November 16, 2008, 07:24 AM
Good advise, I had one get stuck two days ago. I donít have one either so I used other means and luckily I didnít damage my die.

armoredman
November 16, 2008, 07:24 AM
Good advice

fitz47
November 16, 2008, 09:37 AM
The rcbs stuck case remover is a great tool.I looked at it and made one with a 1inch nut, washers 1/4 inch bolt the only purchase was the 1/4 inch tap and 7/32 drill bite. it works fine and its great to have when around when you need itaround

If you enjoyed reading about "Newbies, some day you'll need it." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!