Importing ammo?

PDA

Hoplophile
November 16, 2008, 08:49 PM
How is it done? Do I just call 1-800-RUSSIA and ask for Wolf? I assume there are crazy, insane legal loopholes to go through. I wonder how much a cargo container of ammo costs. I'd make good money if I raised the price 1c a round.

If you enjoyed reading about "Importing ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
olyeller
November 16, 2008, 09:14 PM
ask the BATF

evan price
November 17, 2008, 01:20 AM
You need an end-user certificate from your government to supply to the country exporting the ammo. You need a permit from the State Department to import the ammo. You need BATFE permission to get the permit from the state department. You need a bonded customs warehouse to accept the ammo for BATFE to inspect before you get to touch it. You need enough cash to pay for the ammo, the shipping, plus whatever bribes are necessary to get it safely onto US soil.

First, you need to get Wolf or whomever to actually talk to you. They already have a US Distributor and will most likely tell you to talk to them- they have a contract to be the exclusive importer of Wolf ammo, for example with a guaranteed markup.

If you chose to find another ammo supplier, better be sure they are not on some Homeland Security watch list or you might have your transaction denied- after you pay for it, of course. Plus you need to make sure that they give you what you pay for. The international arms market is orders of magnitude more different than going to a gun show!

Now, let's assume you want to resell it: BATFE will require you to have a license to resell ammunition. Your state will require you to have a business with all the proper paperwork. You'll want liability insurance in case your Kyber Pass ammo blows up somebody's gun.

And there's always the chance that while your cargo is en route, the ship founders and they declare general average, or the boat sinks and the cargo is lost- what do you know about maritime cargo shipping and insurance?

Or the .gov decides to ban importation of ammo and suddenly you own ammo you can't land on US Shores. What then?

If you enjoyed reading about "Importing ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!