Rockfield carbine

PDA

chriso
November 17, 2008, 12:20 AM
There is a rockfield m1 carbine at my local gun shop and it has a cracked handguard but its selling as 500 looks to be in good condition besides that... these carbines any good? I have 700 to spend and I live in california so im limited...haha.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rockfield carbine" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rondog
November 17, 2008, 02:18 AM
Rockfield? Or Rockola? $500 is probably a good price, I think you can get another handguard. I'm not familiar with the M1 carbines, but I believe Rockola's are very desirable. That's the jukebox company, ya know.

chriso
November 17, 2008, 02:45 AM
Yeah I know of the rockola's but it is somthing like rockfield or such. Looks like its a good rifle but not sure about reliability or what not... I have a universal everyone says those are crap but mine isn't and its not the one with the USGI parts. I just want a good carbine and I already have a bunch of mags for the m1 carbine and I cant find ANYWHERE around stockton California to get a nice AR setup.

rondog
November 17, 2008, 01:44 PM
Jump on it then! You can always resell it if you don't like it.

atvalaska
November 17, 2008, 10:21 PM
the true /not made for the army..i have one works find. 4 months ago payed 350.00 in 99 % cond.

longdayjake
November 17, 2008, 10:49 PM
can you get 10 round mags for the m1 carbine? If not you are gonna be a no no in cali.

chriso
December 6, 2008, 11:56 PM
my grandfather gave me his old carbine and a crap load of 30 round and 15 round mags old USGI stuff from when he was in the marines...

GRIZ22
December 7, 2008, 12:20 AM
Rockola was the least prolific carbine manufacturer and $500 is a bargain for one in good shape with a cracked handguard. Google M1 carbine parts for the handguard. Someone makes 10 rd mags for it. I've seen that discussed on the CMP forum.

jcwit
December 7, 2008, 05:08 AM
Natchez sells 10 rd. mags for M1 carbines.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rockfield carbine" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!