Ruger MKII and Hawkeye

PDA

kierkegaard
November 17, 2008, 05:45 PM
Hello, anyone know is a Hawkeye stock fit on a MKII rifle (from ca. 1995)?

I don't have flash on my computer, so I am having a rough time navigating the Ruger site... How do the two rifles differ?

Regards,
-k

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger MKII and Hawkeye" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
WardenWolf
November 17, 2008, 06:12 PM
When Ruger redesigned the M77 post-Mark II, they redesignated it Hawkeye. The Hawkeye is a newer design made to higher standards than the older M77. So if you're buying a Ruger bolt action, make sure it's designated M77 Hawkeye, not M77 or M77 Mark II.

dunlop
November 17, 2008, 06:18 PM
i really wasnt impressed with my ruger MKII... its a 270 stainless, full synthetic
stock. am really thinking also on changing the stock on it, i think the feel of the solid full syn stock is just junk:uhoh: recoil just sucks
it is the older version

jmr40
November 17, 2008, 08:51 PM
Other than the trigger the only changes between the Hawkweye and the MK-2 are cosmetic. Different finish on the metal and the wood stocks have a thinner profile and better checkering. The synthetic stocks are identical except for a better recoil pad on the Hawkeye. I have both types. The stocks will interchange. I had an older boat paddle stock that I did not like and ordered a new synthetic from Ruger, $85.17 shipped. The box was marked "Hawkwye" and I put it on a 1992 rifle.

kierkegaard
November 17, 2008, 09:16 PM
Excellent, thank you very kindly.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger MKII and Hawkeye" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!