Response from Budsgunshop.com

PDA

budsgunshop.com
November 17, 2008, 11:40 PM
In our +5 years we have been very fortunate to accumulate over 92,000 registered customers on our website. I have learned to accept that we will only satisfy 99% of those. It is not just my opinion, it is a time tested percentage proven by both Gunbroker and Ebay, whereby we maintain a 99% positive rating after +/-5,000 buyer feedbacks. If you are familiar with either of those auction sites, then you know the feedback ratings are hard earned, and not able to be manipulated by the seller(us)...so they are among the best unbiased indicators of overall customer satisfaction.

Anyway....back to the "1% Club" as we now like to refer to them. A recent customer of ours is posting unfair negative claims on several forums . Of course, you only get to read his version, of his side, of the story....which, when I read it, does make us/me sound like the bad guys. I assure you there was more to that story....but he said - he said....so enough of that already.

I would just like to clarify the major issue of that post, the 10% order change and/or cancellation fee. Just a few major points that were either missed, or misinterpreted in that other post:

1. There is a very large POP UP that appears when you attempt to CONFIRM your order on our website. The POP UP details the 10% order change and/or cancellation fee as well as all of the other product return options. So, for the people in that post claiming we were "hiding the policy" in the terms and conditions section of our website, you did not see it because you were not placing an order with us. It is IMPOSSIBLE to confirm an order on our website without seeing the POP UP and agreeing to the terms/fees by clicking "OK".

2. We do not like the 10% order change and/or cancellation fees. I would personally much prefer that it did not exist. However, when it did not exist, we were completely overwhelmed by irresponsible people randomly placing orders they never completed, or wanted to make changes every 15 minutes as they continued to research the web AFTER placing their order. We had two choices, either punish our good responsible customers by raising all prices significantly to offset the losses in efficiency (= money) caused by these whimsical dimwits....or punish the whimsical dimwits themselves by instituting this 10% order change and/or cancellation fee. Obviously, we chose the latter. Just for example, before instituting the 10% fee, we had one person who placed, and then later canceled, 29 separate orders over a two year period...and never actually completed one transaction. (i.e. "whimsical dimwit")

3. Rules and Policies are made to be broken. As the co-owner of budsgunshop.com, I commonly make concessions for good people who make honest mistakes. However, when a person who makes a mistake contacts us and immediately becomes belligerent, and proceeds to tell us how they are NOT going to do this or that....without even first asking for consideration of their situation....well, my tolerance for that kind of nonsense is admittedly very limited, and the outcome is usually not in their favor. Maybe I need to exercise more patience, or learn to adopt the "customer is always right" attitude....but I just do not respond well to unnecessary verbal or email abuse.

Our patience has definitely been put to the test these past couple of weeks as "panic buying" set in and sent our gun sales (and associated calls, emails, working hours) soaring off the charts. We were completely unprepared for what transpired.....and during this time, we made even more mistakes than usual. However, we own up to our mistakes, we humbly offer to make things right, and we are very appreciative when someone finds it acceptable to allow us to make things right.

Please don't read bits and pieces on forums and assume the worst. If you have questions or concerns about our operation....just ask me.

Thanks for your time,

Rex McClanahan
Vice President
BudsGunShop.com

If you enjoyed reading about "Response from Budsgunshop.com" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ZombieHunter
November 18, 2008, 12:03 AM
Sounds fair enough to me. *heads off to checkout the aforementioned website*

Ragnar Danneskjold
November 18, 2008, 12:10 AM
Buds has always treated me right. Granted, I never bought from them during a heightened sales time like this, but they are normally very straightforward, fair, and inexpensive. I can't imagine any problems that might have come up are a result of sudden laziness or contempt towards the consumer on their part.

cedjunior
November 18, 2008, 12:18 AM
Buds definitely has some of the better prices, and those who complain about them usually make you roll your eyes a little at the things they say. Regardless, its nice to see them reaching out to us customers.

TX1911fan
November 18, 2008, 12:19 AM
I've never had a problem with Bud's, and I much prefer that you punish the dimwits than the rest of us.

Prepster
November 18, 2008, 12:24 AM
Bud's and Midway are pretty much the only e-retailers I do business with (regarding firearms), and this just re-affirms my positive feelings.

johnrobe
November 18, 2008, 12:29 AM
I placed an order with Buds last week and the order process seemed pretty simple and straightforward to me. My purchase wasn't panic buying as I'd planned it regardless of the election outcome (It's become somewhat of a tradition for me to buy a new gun at or around Christmastime). I love browsing the site and to echo others, they have some of the best prices around. I paid by check so the waiting has been the hardest part. ;)

The Wiry Irishman
November 18, 2008, 12:30 AM
Wow. Its pretty hard to miss that 10% change/cancellation fee... you're reminded of it constantly when browsing the site.

Samgotit
November 18, 2008, 01:00 AM
"whimsical dimwit"

I prefer "jumpy spaz". I got hit for 50 bucks when I ordered the wrong rifle. I called the next day; I actually wanted to change the order to a similar yet more expensive rifle, which I did. I thought I might get a break, but I didn't.

I knew the policy. I'm not a bitter illiterate. I've bought 2 more firearms since and had nothing but a great experience. Hell, I'd pay fifty bucks just have access to the site, being it's practically a blue book/encyclopedia of firearms available today.

I'm assuming Bud's is the largest internet firearms dealer? I'd probably have a similar policy, though it is a bit like mandatory sentencing - you're are inevitable going to "punish" those who may not deserve it. Still, the policy is in plain sight and everyone has the freedom to order from Bud's or not. There's a lot of stupid, unreasonable people out there. It's hard to blame anyone for trying to protect those who aren't. If the policy legitimately helps keep prices down, don't ever get rid of it.

Monkeyleg
November 18, 2008, 01:11 AM
I have a very small online store on my site, but I can appreciate the situation that Bud's is in with the 10% policy.

Because of this type of behavior by certain customers, my distributor charges a 15% restocking fee on non-defective items. I don't charge for shipping or handling, so I have to raise that to 18% or I'll lose money on return.

I sell a fair number of Crimson Trace grips. On each photo is stamped "GUN NOT INCLUDED" in big red letters. Well, a lot of people order the grips anyway, and then want to return the $250 grips because they thought a new Sig P220 (or whatever gun) came with the grips for that $250 price.

Some people just screw everything up for others.

rbernie
November 18, 2008, 01:14 AM
On each photo is stamped "GUN NOT INCLUDED" in big red letters. Well, a lot of people order the grips anyway, and then want to return the $250 grips because they thought a new Sig P220 (or whatever gun) came with the grips for that $250 price.
HA! Now *that* is funny.

Or sad.

Or both.

Hanafuda
November 18, 2008, 01:23 AM
that 10% order change/cancellation thing I saw.

what did catch me a bit by surprise is that your "Bud's Price" includes the cash discount. So my purchase of $439 turned into $452.17 when I used my bank card. Not a deal breaker, and I'm sure if I looked around hard enough I'd find where it said the Bud's Price includes the cash discount. But I was expecting the cash discount price on a "Bud's Price" of $439 to be $425.83, not the other way around.

Like I said, maybe I didn't dig in the details enough. But it didn't bother me so much to prevent me making the purchase, cuz it was a great deal either way. But when I saw the price hike up $13 after going halfway through the order process, I was a little put-off by it and I wouldn't be surprised if you do lose some customers due to this.

TxState101
November 18, 2008, 01:29 AM
After working retail for 8 months of hell, I've discovered an amazing thing: The customer is usually wrong and upper-management suffers from HUAS.

Not to say that the worker is usually right, but they're people like anybody else and far, far, more helpful and willing to go the extra distance for a complete stranger if they're polite.

Oh, how I don't miss you at all, retail.

HK G3
November 18, 2008, 02:56 AM
I suppose I belong to the 99% club - I have had nothing but good experiences from budsgunshop and always recommend them to my friends.

BBQLS1
November 18, 2008, 06:29 AM
Buds has done well by me.

Shrinkmd
November 18, 2008, 08:54 AM
+1 No problems at all, very efficient and polite on the phone

budsgunshop.com
November 18, 2008, 09:16 AM
what did catch me a bit by surprise is that your "Bud's Price" includes the cash discount....I was a little put-off by it and I wouldn't be surprised if you do lose some customers due to this.

I had this same discussion with a gentleman yesterday. Our (and everyone else's) merchant agreement with Visa, MastCard, etc. does not allow us to upcharge to cover credit card fee's. Since we do not have enough margin/profit built into our prices to cover those fees, we had to get creative.

We "discount for cash payments"....which is allowed my the merchant agreement....and that is our best price which we advertise on the website. The major issue is that we do not want to penalize all our cash/check paying customers by raising all the prices 3% across the board to cover our cost of accepting the cards. We could do that, and then not even have a different cash and credit card price. It would make us a LOT more profitable....but not too fair to our cash/check paying customers.

Also...and I have always found this very interesting, if you send us one of those checks that your credit card company mails you every other day....you get the cash discount price from us. Win - win, right ? However, they turn around and charge you 3% for using the check ! So, it's OK for the multi-zllion dollar credit card companies to make an extra 3% off your "cash/check transaction"...but somehow if we just try to cover our cost we are the bad guys ?.....hmmm.:confused:

cassandrasdaddy
November 18, 2008, 09:36 AM
we are acclimatized to being screwed by the credit card folks all others we want dinner and a movie first

dafitch
November 18, 2008, 10:24 AM
Rex,
Not to change the subject but what is the outlook for tactical-type weapons availability in the near term? Are deliveries of AR's pending for Buds?

Thanks,
Dave

Flame Red
November 18, 2008, 10:42 AM
Bud's has always treated me right.

BTW, I know you guys are swamped, but I am patiently waiting for any words on that Talo Colt 45 Royal Combat Commander that is coming out.

Kentucky
November 18, 2008, 11:00 AM
Wow, I have dealt with Buds a few times and from what I can tell they have about the best reputation of any of the firearms e-retailers. A 10% fee seems VERY reasonable to me.

Walkalong
November 18, 2008, 11:25 AM
I am sure glad I am not a dealer right now. I bet they are swamped. I also bet they are dealing with a large number of "newbies" that need more help than the seasoned gun owner. I do deal with a lot of people in my job, and some just cannot be made happy. Period. I just try not to piss them off, because I can't make them happy. They don't want to be happy.

jcwit
November 18, 2008, 12:13 PM
Never have done business with Buds, but his policies sound good to me.

statelineblues
November 18, 2008, 12:22 PM
The owner of a small gunshop I used to work in many years ago had a cartoon taped to the cash register.

It showed a man behind the counter, facing an obviously upset customer. The caption read, "How about we refund your money, give you a new one for free, fire all the employees, close down the store, burn the building and shoot the manager. Would that make you happy?"

budsgunshop.com
November 18, 2008, 12:30 PM
Rex,
Not to change the subject but what is the outlook for tactical-type weapons availability in the near term? Are deliveries of AR's pending for Buds?

Thanks,
Dave

Hey Dave,

Well....we were just about to announce via our newsletter that the hundreds (maybe +1000) of AR's Bud has ordered since Nov 3rd are arriving and will be added to the website this week. We are shooting for (ha, ha) having them all posted by Thursday.....if time permits.

Congrats Dave....your the news breaker !

budsgunshop.com
November 18, 2008, 12:33 PM
The owner of a small gunshop I used to work in many years ago had a cartoon taped to the cash register.

It showed a man behind the counter, facing an obviously upset customer. The caption read, "How about we refund your money, give you a new one for free, fire all the employees, close down the store, burn the building and shoot the manager. Would that make you happy?"

Nah...they would just complain about the mess made by the burnt building and the slow traffic due to the managers funeral procession !:D

sturmgewehr
November 18, 2008, 12:39 PM
You guys rock, and are without a doubt one of the "good guys" doing business on the Internet.

It's unfortunate that a troll feels it necessary to run around to all of the boards libeling your company based upon what appears to be purposely false information.

Keep up the good work guys!

ilbob
November 18, 2008, 12:40 PM
The people saying nice things about bud's gun shop forced me to go there and look around.

I noticed an interesting banner about no interest financing being available. Alas, does not apply to EBRs.

Just wondering why?

I also noticed one of the no interest financing options includes a lifetime warranty for 5%. How does that work?

JoseM
November 18, 2008, 12:52 PM
I've bought two pistols from Bud's before and had one of my buddies go to them (word of mouth advertising). They're updating system (i.e. you're order is being processed, your order has shipped, etc) impressed me and I would order from them again. The only limiting factor is the money on my side;)

budsgunshop.com
November 18, 2008, 12:54 PM
OK guys....time for me to get off these forums and get back to work (while "work" is still available in this firearms industry).

I really don't like to argue with anyone who supports our industry and our rights....so I apologize for doing so publicly here. At the end of the day, I appreciate everyone who exercises their rights to own firearms and purchase from the dealer of their choice. We are all in this together, and now more than ever we need to support each other in protecting our rights.

I thank everyone who has (and will) contributed to this post.....whether their opinions are for or against the policies of budsgunshop.com....may GOD bless all of you and your families.

Rex McClanahan
Vice President
Budsgunshop.com, llc

ilbob
November 18, 2008, 12:57 PM
The only limiting factor is the money on my side
You may have missed the no interest financing. :)

yeti
November 18, 2008, 01:06 PM
Bud's has done me right when I have purchased from them. I have no problems over using them again. And I will.
I like 'shipping included' prices. I hate finding a good price on a firearm, then having to get all the way to the end of the checkout to find I also need to buy UPS a new truck to get my gun.

Okee
November 18, 2008, 01:32 PM
I have nothing but great things to say about Bud's. My transactions with them have been perfect as could be. I always check their prices first when I'm shopping around?

Geezer59
November 18, 2008, 01:49 PM
I've made numerous purchases from Bud's over the last several years. Always been very satisfied. My last revolver purchase (just over a week ago, so during the "frenzy") was very smooth. Another happy customer! :)

bruss01
November 18, 2008, 02:24 PM
My wife and I have purchased from Bud's on numerous occasions. I have always found them helpful, fair and very compettitive. Usually they are very quick in processing and shipping orders as well.

Only one time have we experienced any problem. My wife ordered a Ruger Mark III target pistol. What arrived at the FFL was a .44 magnum Ruger Blackhawk. Now, that is a difference of about, oh, 2-300 dollars if memory serves me right. We could have just shut up and done the paperwork, but that just wouldn't have been right... see, it pays to take care of your customers because then the customers take care of YOU. We contacted them and although it took a couple of phone calls, eventually all was made right.

I have a lot of confidence when dealing with Bud's. They are square dealers in my book.

|0O0y
November 18, 2008, 02:25 PM
"whimsical dimwit"

I prefer "jumpy spaz". I got hit for 50 bucks when I ordered the wrong rifle. I called the next day; I actually wanted to change the order to a similar yet more expensive rifle, which I did. I thought I might get a break, but I didn't.

I knew the policy. I'm not a bitter illiterate. I've bought 2 more firearms since and had nothing but a great experience. Hell, I'd pay fifty bucks just have access to the site, being it's practically a blue book/encyclopedia of firearms available today.

I'm assuming Bud's is the largest internet firearms dealer? I'd probably have a similar policy, though it is a bit like mandatory sentencing - you're are inevitable going to "punish" those who may not deserve it. Still, the policy is in plain sight and everyone has the freedom to order from Bud's or not. There's a lot of stupid, unreasonable people out there. It's hard to blame anyone for trying to protect those who aren't. If the policy legitimately helps keep prices down, don't ever get rid of it.Isn't a flat 10% restocking fee to stop the whimsical idiots, a little like hitting a fly with a sledge hammer, especially because of the range of prices in firearms? How bout a 24 hour window where the restocking fee is a flat $20 and then after 24 hours THEN it goes to 10%?

ZeBool
November 18, 2008, 03:00 PM
In my opinion, Bud's is a great place to patronize. The first handgun (a beautiful Colt 1991a1 Government Model) came from there, costing $730, which compared to other shops was very reasonable. The only "problem" I had was reaching them, when (by my screw up) I marked down the incorrect FFL and had to call them to change it. I had a heck of a time getting through, and even though it says not to call the actual shop itself, I did:). They were EXTREMELY helpful in getting it straightened out. I have nothing but good to say about Buds. Also, I often use Bud's as a "pulse" for the current prices of in-store guns.
P.S. It is very ironic that my first post on THR was about my first handgun. I very much hope to expand my knowledge of firearms and discuss them every day here at THR. Enough lurking already!

phoglund
November 18, 2008, 03:03 PM
I've also had good experiences with Bud's. I don't make an online purchase of a firearm without first checking with Bud's. I usually check with them before buying local as well.

Both firearms I purchased from them were priced low, delivered as advertised, and easy to keep track of what was going on in the process.

Recommended Vendor!

johnmcl
November 18, 2008, 03:15 PM
Hey Rex,

You have a 99% satisfaction rating? Holy smokes, I can't even get that in my own house. :)

ZO6Vettever
November 18, 2008, 03:31 PM
I made my first on line gun purchase with Bud's a couple months ago. Not sure of the process I got personalized help and everything went smooth as could be. To save the 10% for using my credit card I applied on line and recieved a Bud's credit card in no time at all. No interest if paid 25 or 30 days from billing date (I can't remember which). My wife my be wanting a gun and I'll probably buy it from Bud's.

wep45
November 18, 2008, 03:44 PM
Bud's Guns rule...........no need to defend your postion. i've read the wheeeners post about the "unfair" cancel charge and laughed..:neener:...today, unfortunately the rule is......"it's all about me" .........i make a mistake...not my fault.:eek:...i take out a mortgage i can't afford.... big bother gots to bail me out.:fire:

Bud's Guns may you live long and continue to prosper:D

Friendly, Don't Fire!
November 18, 2008, 03:50 PM
I only have dealt with MidwayUSA for gun stuff (unless it was some specialty item that they didn't have).

I actually never heard of Bud's but will definately put you in my favorites and consider your site next time I place an order!

I didn't read the negative thread about you (didn't even see it), nor do I need to read it.

Business is business, and you can have any policy you wish! Policies are typically made because people took advantage of a good situation, I know, as I also run my own (small) business.
Thanks Rex!

Inspector

1KPerDay
November 18, 2008, 06:29 PM
I wonder if you're having trouble because most people run pop-up blockers now.

harmonic
November 18, 2008, 06:53 PM
Well, Buds sure ripped me off.

I went in to have snow tires mounted, but only two. They put on four and my wife got home before I realized what they had done. Then they said they wouldn't take them back cause they were used.

Wait.

This isn't Bud's Tires?

Never mind.

KBintheSLC
November 18, 2008, 07:01 PM
We do not like the 10% order change and/or cancellation fees. I would personally much prefer that it did not exist. However, when it did not exist, we were completely overwhelmed by irresponsible people randomly placing orders they never completed, or wanted to make changes every 15 minutes as they continued to research the web AFTER placing their order.

Well Bud, I hate to break it to you, but doing those things for your customers is called "customer service". I work for a major online retailer, and we put up with a lot of the same crap. But we do it for free because that is what good customer service means... doing things to make your customers happy that are otherwise inconvenient for you.

So, you should ask yourself what is worth more to you... the 10% cancellation fee that you collect from a customer that will likely never buy through you again... or making that customer happy so they come back and spend lots more for years to come. Sometimes, the big picture is worth far more than any immediate satisfaction you may get from the 10% deal.

IMO of course.

Bottom line... you can never make everyone happy... but a good business will definitely do their best.

cassandrasdaddy
November 18, 2008, 07:10 PM
some clients are worth saying sayanara to

CoRoMo
November 18, 2008, 07:13 PM
I've bought from Bud's before and I'm currently saving up to do so again. And again.:)

Your establishment is excellent, and I hope that you keep it up and please, please, don't change a thing!! Especially those great prices (that's what attracted and anchored me to your business).

P.S.
I have your website in my 'Favorites' on my computer.:D

CoRoMo
November 18, 2008, 07:18 PM
Is there any chance that THR members could qualify for Bud's Police Supply?

:DTee-Hee:D

But seriously... how 'bout it? Those are some smokin' deals!!

98C5
November 18, 2008, 07:22 PM
Thumbs up to Buds!! I've bought MANY firearms from them. Always been satisfied.

:)

Samgotit
November 18, 2008, 08:39 PM
Isn’t a flat 10% restocking fee to stop the whimsical idiots, a little like hitting a fly with a sledge hammer, especially because of the range of prices in firearms?

Yes, I alluded to that in my original post. The issue for me, knowing what it's like to deal with people of all types, is that you will never please everyone. And it's becoming worse. I keep noticing a shift in the attitudes in some people. I've dealt with people who expect good service... that's fine. The reasonable don't take "the customer is always right" to its literal ends. However, there are far too many humans that have devolved into entitlement whores. Many, especially on the faceless internet, have mistaken an expectation of good service for something that is owed to them. Bud’s owes me nothing. Their policy was clear when I ordered. It was my mistake. I learned from it. I got over it.

Their service has always been excellent. I've ordered from them twice since then.

budsgunshop.com
November 18, 2008, 08:40 PM
Is there any chance that THR members could qualify for Bud's Police Supply?

Well, if you are a THR member and also a........

* Active Military personnel - all branches
* Retired Military personnel - all branches
* National Guard personnel - all branches
* Military Reserve personnel - all branches

* Fire Fighters - including volunteers
* Paramedics and EMTs

* TSA Employees
* Commercial Pilots
* Federal Flight Deck Officers

* Court Judges
* District and Deputy District Attorneys

* All sworn Law Enforcement Officers - city, county, state, and federal
* All retired Law Enforcement Officers - city, county, state, and federal
* All Corrections Officers
* State Licensed Security Companies

....then sure, we can hook you up with the LE discounts on www.budspolicesupply.com ! :D

|0O0y
November 18, 2008, 09:08 PM
Well, if you are a THR member and also a........

* Active Military personnel - all branches
* Retired Military personnel - all branches
* National Guard personnel - all branches
* Military Reserve personnel - all branches

* Fire Fighters - including volunteers
* Paramedics and EMTs

* TSA Employees
* Commercial Pilots
* Federal Flight Deck Officers

* Court Judges
* District and Deputy District Attorneys

* All sworn Law Enforcement Officers - city, county, state, and federal
* All retired Law Enforcement Officers - city, county, state, and federal
* All Corrections Officers
* State Licensed Security Companies

....then sure, we can hook you up with the LE discounts on www.budspolicesupply.com !Most people don't say it but they, as I, find preferential treatment offensive. Are government employees somehow better than me? What is the purpose of the discount? Is it to say "thanks" (pardon me while I vomit)? Just look at that list. It's long (15 separate categories), complicated and serves no real purpose. I call on Bud's to have the courage to treat all of us equally. That "can't be done?" Why?

As I look at the list, I'm reminded of an EMT friend and they actually NEED the discount because the pay is positively awful and embarrassing (unlike ALL of the rest in that list).

If I was on that list I would hope I would follow my conscience and pay attention to the sick feeling of being treated as a superior class of citizen, and reject the preferential discount.

budsgunshop.com
November 18, 2008, 09:47 PM
You will need to take this issue up with S&W, Glock, etc....as it is their policy, not ours.

It is our responsibility, as an authorized LE dealer, to ensure that all LE firearms are sold only to those on the manufacturer approved list. We are required to collect the credentials and keep those on file with each LE sale.

The discount is direct from the manufacturer...not us, all we do is pass it along to the consumer.

On a more personal note...I actually do appreciate the fact we can offer the savings to Police, Firemen, Military and others. Those men and women do an awful lot for us...it's nice to do something for them in return.

jkingrph
November 18, 2008, 09:55 PM
I hav never ordered from Bud's, but had an interesting experience with Graf's. I was ordering a set of 9.3x57 dies, and 9x57 appeared under that search as a Redding die, which I ordered. I noticed the disceprancy when I printed the invoice and immediately e mailed and explained and asked that they ship the slightly more costly hornady dies in the proper caliber and adjust the price. I recieved a prompt reply explaining that that would be done and everything was ok. I was happy they were happy and we avoided shipping the wrong item and having to return it. I did say I did not catch the difference when ordering and the young lady there said that the 9mm dies were under wrong heading.

Citadel99
November 18, 2008, 09:58 PM
Rex,

Keep up the good work. I ordered from you for the first time a couple weeks ago. Very smooth transaction, guns arrived quickly. I'm very happy and will order from you again.

Also, great job at responding in a professional manner. Definitely material for The High Road.

Mark

Walkalong
November 18, 2008, 10:00 PM
Most people don't say it but they, as I, find preferential treatment offensive. Are government employees somehow better than me? What is the purpose of the discount?
Is it to say "thanks" (pardon me while I vomit)? Pitiful. I support the Military discount. :)

distra
November 18, 2008, 10:09 PM
I bought a JM625 from Buds this month. I had no problem seeing the 10% cancellation fee or the cash discount. My only complaint was that it was the "no financing charge for x months". I had to sign up a CC to get it which is not a bad or evil thing except that the card was issued by GE money! :what: GE one of the most antigun pro-Obama companies out there. :banghead: Now my guess is they don't care whether or not their CC are used to purchase guns, but I care that interest I might get charged would go to this antigun company. I have a NRA sponsored CC that supports the 2nd amendment and might be able to give you a similar deal. I know business is business and GE most likely gave you the best terms. It just doesn't sit well with me to owe money to GE, so I of course paid that off ASAP. I know I have the choice not to do this. All-in-all I was very pleased with Buds and customer service was great. Keep up the good work!

DCSCO
November 18, 2008, 10:24 PM
Rex, you mean it's not really your pleasure to serve me?

joe4702
November 18, 2008, 10:24 PM
+1 for Buds. Thanks for supporting us here in CA. And keep the cancellation policy in place. I don't care to subsidize the "dimwits". Already do enough of that via my taxes.

CDH
November 18, 2008, 10:31 PM
So, you should ask yourself what is worth more to you... the 10% cancellation fee that you collect from a customer that will likely never buy through you again... or making that customer happy so they come back and spend lots more for years to come. Sometimes, the big picture is worth far more than any immediate satisfaction you may get from the 10% deal.

I totally agree that rolling over for problematic customers will result in some goodwill.
On the other hand, there are lot's of businesses that have followed that policy all the way to bankruptcy.

I started my current business in 1995, and I quickly realized the truth of the cliche': "90% of your problems are caused by 10% of your customers".
So over a period of about a year, I got rid of that 10% of my customers that expected every courtesy I could muster but gave back to me nothing but whining and constant order changes and complaints.

After I got rid of them, I was absolutely amazed to find that I went from struggling to pay bills, to watching my bank balance increase "alarmingly" :what: every month.

The customer is not always right, and sometimes, it's best to send those customers to your competitors. The important part is to institute the policies needed that will help determine who those customers are and get rid of them, while not impacting your good customers.

wep45
November 18, 2008, 10:58 PM
BUD'S GUNS R U L E ...........move on dude:neener:

olyeller
November 18, 2008, 11:03 PM
wah wha wah!

You whiners are (rhymes with) wussies!

I couldnt see that on their website, I made this mistake; They give preferential treatment, bla bla blah!

Buds should be commended by giving such a reasonable price on guns. They aint making very much on guns.

Heck, half of the guns on my dealer's flyer I get from wholesalers, I could get cheaper at buds..

|0O0y
November 18, 2008, 11:07 PM
I actually do appreciate the fact we can offer the savings to Police, Firemen, Military and others. Those men and women do an awful lot for us...it's nice to do something for them in return.Except I'll say it again, all of those people make decent money (except EMTs). They do an "awful lot" for us? That is fantasy. I have great respect for firemen. I just don't see what the other two have done for me other than follow orders, write tickets and exaggerate my "need" for them. Some will falsely call that "disrespect" (the biggest thought crime the government worshipers will punish you for) even though I mean no unkindness.

Ky Larry
November 18, 2008, 11:11 PM
I've done business with Bud's since he was on Industry Road in Lexington,Ky. He has always done me right. In fact, I'm going by tommorow after work to do a little horse trading.

taliv
November 18, 2008, 11:15 PM
despite THR denizens' extremely libertarian bent and spirited desire for freedom, i doubt you'll find much sympathy here for cop bashing and particularly not for military bashing.

i suggest you recalibrate your attitude and stop speeding.

prickett
November 18, 2008, 11:20 PM
Well Bud, I hate to break it to you, but doing those things for your customers is called "customer service". I work for a major online retailer, and we put up with a lot of the same crap. But we do it for free because that is what good customer service means... doing things to make your customers happy that are otherwise inconvenient for you.

There are two types of businesses - those who try to get the customer a rock bottom price, and those who charge more - but have a rock solid customer service dept. Often businesses in the former category can't afford to go above and beyond like those in the latter category can. I've never done business with Bud's, so I can't attest to their customer service, but having been on their site on multiple occasions, I can see very good prices. I HAVE purchased from Midway, and will continue to, because even though their prices are higher than other places, their customer support cannot be beaten. So, ask yourself which is more important to YOU, then shop accordingly.

|0O0y
November 18, 2008, 11:22 PM
despite THR denizens' extremely libertarian bent and spirited desire for freedom, i doubt you'll find much sympathy here for cop bashing and particularly not for military bashing.

i suggest you recalibrate your attitude and stop speeding.I knew it. I predicted it. I knew someone would come along and completely twist my words 180 degrees. I "bashed" cops huh? So you allow no honest observations of the anointed ones? I "bashed" the military huh. What a lie. Go back and learn to read.

JamesMcD
November 18, 2008, 11:24 PM
This thread makes me thankful I work in the same town as Bud's. Everyone at work sings their praises. I bought two pistols from them a few weeks ago, before I knew the place was so well respected outside the immediate area. It was the first time I had ever bought a firearm in a store (I anticipated a run on guns after The Messiah.)

James

Ragnar Danneskjold
November 18, 2008, 11:34 PM
Except I'll say it again, all of those people make decent money (except EMTs). They do an "awful lot" for us? That is fantasy. I have great respect for firemen. I just don't see what the other two have done for me other than follow orders, write tickets and exaggerate my "need" for them. Some will falsely call that "disrespect" (the biggest thought crime the government worshipers will punish you for) even though I mean no unkindness.

Well then I'd suggest next time something of yours gets stolen, or you get in a car accident, or someone threatens you, just handle it yourself. If you don't feel you need police...never use them.

You won't follow that advice though. Of course if something happens you're going to call the same police you claim to not need.

|0O0y
November 18, 2008, 11:37 PM
Well then I'd suggest next time something of yours gets stolen, or you get in a car accident, or someone threatens you, just handle it yourself. If you don't feel you need police...never use them.

You won't follow that advice though. Of course if something happens you're going to call the same police you claim to not need.Go look at my post. I did NOT say I don't need police. I was very specific to avoid the types of mis characterizations you just shoveled. I said the "need" was exaggerated. Go look at my post before you lie about what I said. And thank you for throwing in the "someone threatens you" part. I PLAN TO handle that myself just like every other prepared person here who carries instead of worshiping the "dial 911 and die" system.

cassandrasdaddy
November 18, 2008, 11:53 PM
Except I'll say it again, all of those people make decent money (except EMTs).

reading is important how much do those volunteer firemen make? and what have you heard the guys in the military make?

and the security company folks and co's?

what do you guess retired military pull in?
its been my experience that when someone uses the word "ALL" in capitals its a sign of youth and/or inexperience which is it?

Kurt
November 18, 2008, 11:54 PM
A happy Bud's customer here - three times and counting.

Keep up the good work

taliv
November 18, 2008, 11:59 PM
look, it's their business and they are free to give discounts to anyone they want for any reason.

your casting dispersions on the value of their service does nothing but make you sound like an idiot. vomiting at grateful people saying 'thanks' is not a sign of a well-adjusted person. neither is calling underpaid civil servants 'anointed'

no one here said we don't allow honest observations of anyone. in fact, I'm making a few right now.

Brian Dale
November 19, 2008, 12:05 AM
Well, |0O0y, sometimes somebody does something nice for somebody else, just because.

It's happened before and it's probably going to happen again.

I applaud Bud's for doing what they've been doing for all of their customers, and now that I'm clued in, I expect that I'll become one. I'm not even eligible for that discount.

Thanks for writing, Rex.

jgorniak
November 19, 2008, 12:10 AM
As has been stated, Bud's is one of the sites I hit every day. Never a problem with any of my purchases. Just hope they can get more of the items on my Wish List in stock.

As for some whining about others getting discounts for their services...sounds like one of the biggest problems with this country today (THEY got some; where's MINE?)

mauiglide
November 19, 2008, 02:28 AM
Rex, I sent you a PM which I hope you will respond accordingly. I didn't want to post directly to this thread as I feel it is more appropriate to correspond to your privately first. I've been a faithful customer for over a year now and done much business with your company. I hope this will carry on in the future despite the darkening political and economic climate.

rogertc1
November 19, 2008, 07:24 AM
Buds has been good to be. i send Money Orders to save every penny i can. Everyone realizes the retailers are charge over 3% by the card companies. Even debit cards.

craig
November 19, 2008, 09:12 AM
i ordered from bud's for the first time on 10-31-08.

my gun got here on 11-04-08. no problems, and i liked the arrival date. :D

jpatterson
November 19, 2008, 09:46 AM
Seems like Buds is the place to go. I really like that they are reaching out to forums like this and addressing things such as he did. I will do business with them sometime.

budsgunshop.com
November 19, 2008, 01:30 PM
Rex, I sent you a PM which I hope you will respond accordingly. I didn't want to post directly to this thread as I feel it is more appropriate to correspond to your privately first. I've been a faithful customer for over a year now and done much business with your company. I hope this will carry on in the future despite the darkening political and economic climate.

I did respond to your PM....wanted to make sure you got that. I appreciate the input and all your previous business...Mahalo nui loa bruddah !

BrianB
November 20, 2008, 02:14 AM
I was exceedingly happy with my purchase at Buds.

cbrgator
November 20, 2008, 02:25 AM
Rex,

What does your AK inventory look like for the near future?

budsgunshop.com
November 20, 2008, 11:38 AM
Rex,

What does your AK inventory look like for the near future?

Bud (being in the gun business for +/-40 years) had an idea of what was about to transpire after Nov 4 and placed orders from just about every distributor and manufacturer that had any AR's and AK's in stock. Most of that stuff has shown up in the past week....we just have not had a chance to get everything inventoried and on the website yet.

The Hi-cap handguns sales have us chasing our tails right now....flying out the door at about triple the rate they were prior to the election.

scrat
November 20, 2008, 12:37 PM
99% club for sure

Handyguy
November 20, 2008, 12:56 PM
I think the policy of order now & back up w/ credit card to get discount when check clears is great! I consider the 3% MY bonus for waiting till the check clears.

cbrgator
November 20, 2008, 01:06 PM
Bud (being in the gun business for +/-40 years) had an idea of what was about to transpire after Nov 4 and placed orders from just about every distributor and manufacturer that had any AR's and AK's in stock. Most of that stuff has shown up in the past week....we just have not had a chance to get everything inventoried and on the website yet.
Do you happen to know if you are holding an RPK's? If the price is fair I'd love to get my hands on one of those.

HowardCohodas
November 20, 2008, 01:37 PM
Most people don't say it but they, as I, find preferential treatment offensive. Are government employees somehow better than me? What is the purpose of the discount? Is it to say "thanks" (pardon me while I vomit)? Just look at that list. It's long (15 separate categories), complicated and serves no real purpose. I call on Bud's to have the courage to treat all of us equally. That "can't be done?" Why?

One of the hallmarks of this forum is civil discourse. Your posts stand out, but not in a good way. Kindly reconsider your tone. Thank you.

HowardCohodas
November 20, 2008, 01:44 PM
I made a gun purchase from Bud's several months ago. I was focused on completing the purchase and did not notice the 3%. I was taken aback for a moment. I was mostly upset at myself for missing it so my receipt expectations had to be recalibrated to include the time to get a certified check to them. Then again, seemed like a fair trade to me.

Bud's is on my approved supplier list and hope to patronize them again.

Phydeaux642
November 20, 2008, 02:18 PM
One of the hallmarks of this forum is civil discourse. Your posts stand out, but not in a good way. Kindly reconsider your tone. Thank you.

I did not find it offensive. Of course, I'm not a government employee. I don't like preferential treatment either based on who your employer is.

Sinixstar
November 20, 2008, 02:55 PM
10% is an extremely reasonable fee.
I've spent a good number of years programming for the web, specifically e-Commerce sites. I can tell you now that when you get into higher-volume sales, when somebody cancels/wants to change an order - it does cause major problems, and will slow down other orders and cost money. If it's already been picked and packed for shipping, it introduces even bigger problems, as now you have to update shipping info with the carrier, and all sorts of stuff. Given the amount of headache and time this can bring - 10% is a pretty reasonable fee. I've had clients in the past that charged as much as 25% for the same reasons.

Monkeybear
November 20, 2008, 03:35 PM
I did not find it offensive. Of course, I'm not a government employee. I don't like preferential treatment either based on who your employer is.

I always thought it was less about being a government employee and more about putting your butt on the line for the rest of us.

ilbob
November 20, 2008, 03:46 PM
I always thought it was less about being a government employee and more about putting your butt on the line for the rest of us.
I always thought it was more of a business decision that the discount to large groups of people is a cheap way to get a lot of sales without having to spend a lot of money marketing the product. Same reason the car companies give deals out to their employees and venders.

skoro
November 21, 2008, 07:36 AM
I've made several purchases from Bud's and always received excellent service. It's my internet "go to" place when I'm looking at new firearms.

mtgmike
November 21, 2008, 11:27 AM
Am I the only one checking the website like crazy waiting for AR's to show up available(and at a great price :) )?

Norinco982lover
November 21, 2008, 12:38 PM
Rex,
I am still saving up money to buy from you. Thanks for talking with us, we really appreciate it.

~Norinco

Norinco982lover
November 21, 2008, 12:40 PM
I made a gun purchase from Bud's several months ago. I was focused on completing the purchase and did not notice the 3%. I was taken aback for a moment. I was mostly upset at myself for missing it so my receipt expectations had to be recalibrated to include the time to get a certified check to them. Then again, seemed like a fair trade to me.

I get 1-3% cashback on my chase freedom card anyways, so the 3% makes no difference to me. Charge it, then pay it from my bank account.

ServiceSoon
November 21, 2008, 01:24 PM
Ok we forgive you; now get some guns back into stock already!

You will need to take this issue up with S&W, Glock, etc....as it is their policy, not ours.

It is our responsibility, as an authorized LE dealer, to ensure that all LE firearms are sold only to those on the manufacturer approved list. We are required to collect the credentials and keep those on file with each LE sale.

The discount is direct from the manufacturer...not us, all we do is pass it along to the consumer.

On a more personal note...I actually do appreciate the fact we can offer the savings to Police, Firemen, Military and others. Those men and women do an awful lot for us...it's nice to do something for them in return.I was curious about the extra discounts those people get. Thanks for explaining. Perhaps the mfgers are doing a little political foot work.

ridata
November 21, 2008, 01:51 PM
I'm planning on being a loyal BGS customer. I made my first purchase of 10/22 mags a few days back.

I do have a couple of questions. I opted to pay via check to save the 3% fee (It was only a $45 order, so after I paid 42c postage I only saved 90 some cents :D). I also gave a credit card number as a backup. So my question is, when will it ship? Since I gave a cc # did it ship the day after purchase, or will it not ship until my check gets there and clears?

My other question was regarding LE discounts. Does the EMT discount apply to those serving on a volunteer EMT force (as you said it applied to volunteer fire departements)?

Thanks

OAKVILLE SHOOTER
November 21, 2008, 07:59 PM
I have a question about the military discount. I understand the active duty part. Does "retired" mean actual 20+ year retirement, or DD214 Honorable Discharge vet with less than 20 years?

budsgunshop.com
November 21, 2008, 09:36 PM
So my question is, when will it ship? Since I gave a cc # did it ship the day after purchase, or will it not ship until my check gets there and clears?

Your order would ship after we receive your payment.....and a few days after that if it is an unsecured/personal check. The cc# just reserves it from our inventory while we await your payment.....and we do not run the card.

My other question was regarding LE discounts. Does the EMT discount apply to those serving on a volunteer EMT force (as you said it applied to volunteer fire departements)?

As long as the EMT could provide some type of current/official EMT credentials...the discount would be applicable.

I have a question about the military discount. I understand the active duty part. Does "retired" mean actual 20+ year retirement, or DD214 Honorable Discharge vet with less than 20 years?

I am not 100% sure about this one....but if you will email JR he will let you know for sure. JR is pictured on our www.budspolicesupply.com and you can click on his picture to send him an email. He is the official "guru" of LE sales.

savage116
November 21, 2008, 09:45 PM
My dads order from buds just came in and he is pleased.The KEL-TEC SU16 and DPMS 308 are very nice. I was suprised by how light the KEL-TEC was.

Spandauer
November 21, 2008, 09:55 PM
Hi,

Here come my “two” ;) experiences I’ve had with www.budsgunshop.com recently: On 11/12/2008 I ordered 750 rounds of ammo, as a first time customer still had to do the ammo form [which I did the same day], budsgunshop charged my credit card, I tried in vain to check my order status online, just read pop-up message: “No delays of online orders.”. Then on 11/14/2008 I tried to call and after 45 min I was able to talk to one associate who assured me that he had my stack of items “here with my name on it” and I needn’t worry. Of course I was skeptical knowing that most of the time customer service and shipping & handling are different departments. On 11/19/2008 though when I saw “Pending Cancellation” online by my order status I called them – at least I tried. I spent 45 min on the phone (several times it seemed I was lucky to have it made through but after some seconds of ring tone there it was again: the all too familiar busy signal + dialing ext. 3 for order status never worked either). Then I had it and called the retail store and was connected back to Derek with the online store. Derek told me that – in opposition to budsgunshop smallprint – although I had already made my payment and also sent the ammo form “unfortunately” my ammo was sold out by then. I quoted the associate who had assured me he had my items right there on his desk with my name on it and said that this is probably just a misunderstanding. What followed was rustling of paper (just checking if 3 x 250 boxes of 9 mm ammo were underneath :D), asking around in the office and the expected “Sorry, would you like to order some other brand instead?”. I declined and right away received an e-mail confirmation in my account that they would book my money back immediately. I’m not saying that I’m afraid I won’t get it – though as of Friday night it’s not been refunded back to my bank account – but those were just my two impressions with budsgunshop: the first & last one.

Ah, BTW: Sure, I understand the run on ammo tidal wave caused by our “friend” BHO, so let me tell you another short story: The same day I initially ordered with budsgunshop I also ordered with www.classicarms.us (same amount of different [surplus] ammo). A) At some point Classicarms posted on their web-site that they would stop taking calls because they first wanted to catch up on finishing accumulated orders (in order not to sell more than they had in stock ;-) !). B) The very same day that I was lucky to finally get my “Sorry, we sold your item to somebody else!” statement from budsgunshop, I received the complete order from Classicarms :).

When I worked in sales myself I learned: There’s no second chance for a first impression! Maybe this would be a helpful advice for budsgunshop, as well. Competitors like www.classicarms.us already apply it successfully ;)!

pi54
November 22, 2008, 01:31 AM
Dear Mr McClanahan,

First let me say I am writing to you on this forum because I've been unable to make contact with your company otherwise. I am not attempting to berate you or otherwise criticize your company, only to rectify a bad experience and since your name was on the autoreply from Bud's Gun Shop's emails, I decided to see if there was another way to get your company's attention, so I googled your name and found your recent post on this forum.

I am very understanding of your situation with the panic buying right now from many of your customers who have all of a sudden come to the realization that they may not ever be able buy another gun if Obama's proposed polices come to fruition.

I purchased a new Taurus 608 from your company just before the election. My purchase had nothing to do with the election and I've been a gun owner for many years. I just wanted a new 357 in 8 shot. To cut to the chase, my shipment arrived Saturday November 15 and it wasn't as advertised. I paid for a factory new gun and the gun I received was a piece of junk. It had the barrel completely broken off and the sight was missing and there was a manila tag attached to the trigger guard with the serial number and 2 other numbers on it. The gun appears to be several years old and has been fired numerous times from the looks of the broken off barrel in the box. I attempted to contact your company by email, telephone, fax and finally got a response by using the online sales assistance window, but it took 5 days for this response. The response stated I would be contacted today to get this issue resolved. If that had happened I wouldn't have felt the need to pursue this further. Unfortunately that didn't happen and I'm still wondering how this mistake should be handled.

Let me also explain I have worked in the aerospace industry in the quality assurance field for over 25 years and have the utmost in empathy for the increase in business your company is currently experiencing and can therefore understand how mistakes can happen in times of uncontrolled growth. Believe me I've seen some real doozies in my time but never one like this.

I apologize for contacting you in a public forum but it's out of desperation since I didn't receive the response I was told would occur today and, quite honestly, I've run out of patience. My order number is 44063. If you want to help, please have your staff look into this order number and you'll find my cell number and you can call me and help resolve this situation and I'll be a happy customer. I still say you have great prices and I would probably buy from your company again as long as this situation is resolved effectively.

Regards,

pi54

Brian Dale
November 22, 2008, 01:51 AM
Welcome, pi54. When you gentlemen have resolved your business, we'll be pleased if you choose to stick around here, as well.

{I'm guessing that the person who puts the labels on boxes in the shipping department is gonna get a spanking. :eek: }

cassandrasdaddy
November 22, 2008, 08:14 AM
or his troll has resurfaced 2 1st post guys

wky46
November 22, 2008, 09:56 AM
I'm a member of the forum where the complaint was started about Bud's and have followed that thread from first post to last.

When it was first posted, I thought I'll NEVER buy anything from Bud's! What jerks!
Well, as the thread continued (BTW, they returned his 10%) I've completely changed my mind. Seems this guy made much ado about nothing. It was his fault and he wanted to be treated special. Granted, he has a right to complain in any forum he wishes but to start ranting with a long post about unfairness was in itself unfair when ,at first, Bud's wasn't given any opportunity to respond. Many of the forum members flatly refuse now to deal with Bud's anymore because of a restocking fee that most companies implement.

I'll still be taking my dad across the state of Kentucky to Bud's for me to purchase that 1911 !

Phil

ilbob
November 22, 2008, 02:17 PM
I figure no one is perfect, and when things go wild, the imperfect get even less perfect.

Spandauer
November 22, 2008, 04:02 PM
I think it’s a privilege for some that things are going wild! For lots things have not been going “wild” at all. So I think that the ones who benefit from the pre-BHO panic should be grateful and determined to do a good job, particularly as only in a few weeks things can change drastically. When ammo costs much more than now and you’ll have to do a lot of additional paperwork – whom will you trust with your order or request for professional advice? The guy who is after the fast buck or decent people such as www.classicarms.us?

Spandauer
November 22, 2008, 05:32 PM
Also, let me add, that I think that more than ever it's inevitable that EVERYBODY who has anything even remotely to do with the Second Amendment should stand shoulder by shoulder. After all it seems that 2A is one of the last bulwarks against the left liberal movement to change the fundaments of this great country ... FOR EVER! Any weak link within OUR ranks is only good for one thing: helping THEIR cause :evil:! And we don't want that, do we?!:uhoh:

420Stainless
November 23, 2008, 12:20 PM
I've only had one transaction with you, and that has been during the panic period of the last two weeks. It was available as shown on the website, I got exactly what I paid for, and it was delivered on the same day I was told it would be.

Count me as a satisfied first time customer.

cassandrasdaddy
November 23, 2008, 01:57 PM
yea methinks the troll again

budsgunshop.com
November 24, 2008, 12:29 AM
On 11/12/2008 I ordered 750 rounds of ammo,

I checked all our orders placed on 11/12/2008 and there were none for 750 rounds of ammo. If you would like to PM me your name, order number, or ??....I would like to look into this issue further.

I wont deny our customer service has suffered since 11/4, but we do try very hard to take care of everyone. We have hired more people and are moving our operation to a larger and more automated facility within the next two weeks....so there is a serious effort to get this post 11/4 situation under control.

budsgunshop.com
November 24, 2008, 12:41 AM
Competitors like www.classicarms.us already apply it successfully

....or decent people such as www.classicarms.us?

You seem to be a huge fan....or possibly an owner or employee of this business ?

We do make mistakes....not denying that. However, we do a lot more good than bad. Regardless of whether or not you put any value in my own opinion of our www.budsgunshop.com business, it would be hard to deny the +5000 feedbacks rated at 99% positive on both Gunbroker.com and Ebay.com. The sales on those two sites are much harder when it comes to earning customer satisfaction. The feedbacks are also not manipulated by the seller (us)....so I believe they are an excellent unbiased indicator of our overall customer satisfaction over thousands of completed transactions. We are not perfect....as indicated by our only 99% rating on both sites.....but pretty darn close !

cbrgator
November 24, 2008, 12:44 AM
Did you get my PM?

RX-178
November 24, 2008, 12:48 AM
I am personally at a loss trying to explain the logic of referencing classicarms.us.

No matter what the thoughts are of the personal business practices of these respective shops, classicarms is CLEARLY a specialty store, for milsurp or classic military arms, while Bud's is an all-around gun store.

It's not apples to apples, since clearly a store with more selection and more inventory is getting a much greater amount of orders, particularly post-election. Just from a statistical standpoint, Bud's is going to make more mistakes in orders because of the drastic increase in the amount of orders in general.

classicarms.us is seeing an increase in orders, but I'd feel pretty safe saying that they aren't seeing nearly the amount of orders, on ALL products, that Bud's is seeing now.

Spandauer
November 24, 2008, 02:55 AM
Hi,

just sent order # 463XX of 11/12/2008 to you by PM.

No, I'm not affiliated with www.classicarms.us , like I assume also the members who have posted that they appreciated your services and even travel across the whole state to buy a gun in your shop (although they could conveniently order online :D) are not affiliated with you, either. ;)

But, yes, I am in fact a huge fan of great customer service and dislike that when I have to cancel an order I will be charged 10% but if you cancel an order (which takes me almost a week and 1 1/2 hours on the phone to find out) associate D. says "Sorry!" and that's it. As a comparism I mentioned the other company which delivered at the same time I got the "sorry" from D.

I think it's only fair to positively mention great customer service, is it not?

Chris "Spandauer"

Brian Dale
November 24, 2008, 03:07 AM
I think it's only fair to positively mention great customer service, is it not? Over and over, in pseudo-perky, sarcastic posts that are getting boring?

I'm not so sure that it adds a lot. In fact, if I worked for Classic, I'd probably PM you and ask you to please stop comparing us in this discussion. Competitors are not enemies; let the man have his thread.

krs
November 24, 2008, 10:40 AM
I've spent over $6000. with Buds this year.

There was one inaccurate photo episode in which I was offered a full refund, but declined, and there was an inaccurate product feature description for which I was again offered a full return/refund choice but instead negotiated a compensatory $100. refund for the missing features rather than return the item.

My most recent order was placed yesterday for a $399. S&W M&P 9mm through Budspolicesupply.com I'm looking forward to another $50. rebate from S&W on that one. (M&P for $349. net - what's not to like?), but would like to see a broader selection in that part of the Bud's system.

Do I get a reward, a free gun maybe? No, but I got good prices, super service, and a few nice guns from Bud's Gun shop and will be back for more.

Spandauer
November 24, 2008, 12:03 PM
Hi,

It seems there are some people who “start” to take my feedback on a certain quality of service I received at one gunshop pretty personal (although they shouldn’t be affiliated with this one either) and at the same time hate that I describe a very positive experience somewhere else. Several other members and I have had obvious quality issues. Others have reported positive treatment. Then there are others that just speculate and want to make general comments. I think it’s only legitimate to discuss facts openly without being attacked from members who were actually not involved. Budsgunshop got my order # PM’ed as a proof on their allegation that I actually never ordered 750 rounds. Interestingly this seemed to have slipped some members’ attention.

Again: this is not supposed to be a vendetta between some (not only me) dissatisfied members and one shop. This is just a report on what we in fact experienced. Also it’s an opportunity to for one shop to do better the next time. After all an unhappy client tells 10 people but a happy one only 3.

I have no problems at all with somebody telling me that they actually received great customer service at a certain shop. But I do have problems with people speculating or starting to get personal (“let the man have his thread” etc.) or indicating there was not such an order in the first place or weather I am affiliated with another shop. Start a thread / posting on good / bad customer service is legitimate and helpful for other members. This has nothing to do with making enemies out of competitors.

If budsgunshop wants to PM me, that’s fine. Also members who had similar experience as I had. I think at this time I cannot provide more facts than mentioned above.

Thanks!

Spandauer

ArfinGreebly
November 24, 2008, 04:08 PM
Your only contribution to this board to date is a total of five posts, all of them in this thread, all of them critical of Bud's and all of them holding up a competitor's business as an example of "someone who does it right."

That will be quite enough.

If your whole presence here is dedicated entirely to "correcting" people's perceptions of Bud's, then you're in the wrong place. People who sign up for the sole purpose of criticism of a person or place of business are properly characterized as "trolls." Those who follow someone around the Internet, doing the same thing in each venue, would additionally be characterized as "stalkers."

If you have a beef with Bud's, you take it up with Bud's. In private. Not here.

tbtrout
November 25, 2008, 10:01 AM
I have worked retail in the past you can take the smartest person in the world. Nobel Prize winners, Academics etc.., make them a customer and they become dumb as a stump.

dogmush
November 25, 2008, 10:25 AM
It had the barrel completely broken off and the sight was missing

Barrel broken off? Off? In two pieces?:scrutiny:

Wow. I'd love to see pics just for the wow factor.

jonboynumba1
November 25, 2008, 10:35 AM
I dunno...we've recieved several guns from Buds for customers...they were all new as advertised with no problems...my only complaint is their prices are too low!! -LOL ;) Got a sweet dan wesson pointman 10mm for a guy last year from them...was a real gem! I was kinda jealous...their retail was like $20 above my dealer cost..they have the volume for it I guess...that may have been with shipping to...in wich case it would have been about what it cost me to get it in the door.

Rimmer
November 25, 2008, 10:57 AM
ArfinGreebly <snip> People who sign up for the sole purpose of criticism of a person or place of business are properly characterized as "trolls."

First let me say I buy from Buds and am pleased with their Customer Service/Pricing. Second, I agree with the comment quoted above. Sometimes newer "members" resemble the following.....

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo115/Zoftic/troll.jpg

edSky
November 25, 2008, 11:16 AM
Rex,

Any word on when the new inventory will show up on the web? Or has it all sold? Thanks!

ed

---------

^ Nice photo of my Pa!

jackdanson
November 25, 2008, 12:46 PM
Isn't a flat 10% restocking fee to stop the whimsical idiots, a little like hitting a fly with a sledge hammer, especially because of the range of prices in firearms? How bout a 24 hour window where the restocking fee is a flat $20 and then after 24 hours THEN it goes to 10%?

How about you just order what you want? Once you hit the "submit" button it should be considered the same as walking out the door of a brick and mortar establishment. The transaction has been made, no backsies.

edSky
November 26, 2008, 06:06 PM
Wow, Bud's is swamped! In light of the following email, they deserve a lot of leeway given the pressure they're under to meet demand.

According to our records, you recently attempted to contact us via email and were not given a response. We sincerely apologize for this issue as we have become completely overwhelmed with new customer inquiries since the recent presidential election.

As you are probably now very aware, thanks to national news like Nightline, MSNBC, or NPR Radio, this whole firearms "panic buying" ordeal hit hard on Nov 3 and has not let off since. We were admittedly very unprepared for these unexpected and unwelcome events. Since November 3, we have had over 1,044,000 attempts to contact us via email or phone. As we previously had only 4 sales staff and 4 phone lines, it very quickly became an impossible situation. We have added new staff, updated telephone and email systems, all in the last two weeks. Those new resources are just now starting to have an affect on our ability to respond to this unprecedented demand in the firearms industry.

As responding to all emails was not even a remote possibility, we decided to work overtime, nights, and weekends just to respond to the emails that were from existing orders/customers, as indicated by their order number appearing in the "Subject:" line of the email. Unfortunately, thousands of standard "Contact Us" emails via the website have gone unanswered. We sincerely apologize for our inability to meet the customer service demands during this exceptional time.

We have purchased new telephone and voice mail systems, and are continuing to hire additional staff each week to man those lines. We have also completely reworked our "Contact Us" email feature on our website to automatically direct customer requests to the correct representative to handle each individual request. To view that new email solution, please click here:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/contact_us.php

We will continue to try and get this situation under control. However, if the "panic buying" does not let up, or we find that we are still not able to keep up with the demand, we will be shutting down the website temporarily in order to take care of all existing orders. Once we have all existing orders, emails and voice mails addressed....we will refire the website under much better circumstances and pledge to return to the level of customer service we were well known for prior to Nov 4, 2008.

I am very sorry that we let you down, but I assure you everyone here at www.budsgunshop.com has, and will continue to, give 150%.

Happy Thanksgiving and may God bless you and your family.

Rex McClanahan
Vice President
BudsGunShop.com, llc.

TIMC
November 26, 2008, 10:22 PM
Just got my 1895 Marlin in from Bud's Monday. They did pretty decent, 10 days from payment to arrival at my transfer dealers shop. Not the fastest gun deal I ever had but not bad either. They get a thumbs up from me.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/timc/1895Marlin4570.jpg?t=1227748634

Grayrider
November 27, 2008, 12:03 PM
I have bought several firearms from Buds over the years, and never had a problem. The prices were great, communication prompt, and they shipped in a timely fashion. I certainly understand their policies. Online sales can be a costly mess if a vendor does not impose some reasonable requirements of customers.

John

krs
November 27, 2008, 03:34 PM
TIMC,

You just HAD to post that photo, right? Rrrrr..

:) I've been back and forth on one of those for the last couple of months even though it's the last type of gun I need. Because of health issues my hunting days are over, and because I can shoot pistols on my own property I seldom get out to our club range anymore to shoot rifles. But that Marlin.......well, it just trips my trigger.

XR400R
November 28, 2008, 05:25 PM
Wow, Bud's is swamped! In light of the following email, they deserve a lot of leeway given the pressure they're under to meet demand.

. . . We have purchased new telephone and voice mail systems, and are continuing to hire additional staff each week to man those lines. We have also completely reworked our "Contact Us" email feature on our website to automatically direct customer requests to the correct representative to handle each individual request. To view that new email solution, please click here:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/contact_us.php
. . .

I've purchased two weapons from Buds in recent weeks, & received excellent service as well as great bargains. I don't know what else I could reasonably expect.

When I received the above note & responded to the specified link with a comment, I received a reply from Rex literally within an hour.

Count me not among the 1%'ers. At least as far as Budsgunshop.com is concerned.

ZO6Vettever
November 29, 2008, 09:48 AM
I recently bought a S&W 9VE (before Nov. 4th) from Bud's for $289. great transaction, no problems. Why are they $331. now?

ilbob
November 29, 2008, 09:54 AM
I recently bought a S&W 9VE (before Nov. 4th) from Bud's for $289. great transaction, no problems. Why are they $331. now?perhaps they were on sale?

Vector
November 29, 2008, 10:19 AM
I have no horse in this race, but I am not sure calling some of your customers "whimsical dimwits" is a smart PR move. While you may have some customers who are challenged when it comes to internet website navigation, they are still customers,

Old Fuff
November 29, 2008, 10:30 AM
If you are in the retail gun business long enough you may come to the conclusion that there are some customers that you can do without, and others that you would prefer to send to your most hated competitor... :uhoh:

420Stainless
November 29, 2008, 12:07 PM
I'd much rather do business with someone who tells troublesome customers to take a hike than I would with one who puts up with the bs and then raises prices 10% to cover all the additional transactions and labor expended on those who can't or won't be pleased until they get something for nothing.

ilbob
November 29, 2008, 11:45 PM
I fixed it for you.

If you are in business long enough you will come to the conclusion that there are some customers that you can do without, and others that you would prefer to send to your most hated competitor.

lvcat2004
November 30, 2008, 12:33 AM
I personally never had any problems with budsgunshop.com and continue to do business with them.

However, I noticed that firearms retails always seem to have this "cash discount" or "credit card upcharge" whatever you want to call it, yet you dont' see this with any other types of retailers (i.e. electronics, etc.)? I have a business myself and I don't upcharge for CC use. It's just part of business, and I don't charge for "employee bonus upcharge" and "fuel surcharge" and all other legit expenses. It's just part of business and I wish that all retailers take the expenses into consideration and don't pull this "cash price" BS, IMHO.

Old Fuff
November 30, 2008, 11:19 AM
Few customers know it, but the retail mark-up on firearms is very small. Sometimes a distributor may give an extra discount for various reasons, but seldom on hot-selling models. A small retailer sometimes finds that the local "big-mart" is selling certain makes and models of conventional rifles and shotguns for a price below what the retailer's distributor is charging him.

Then of course the retailer's customer expects a discount off of the firearm's list price. From his view dealing in guns is so much fun that the retailer should pay the customer to take the gun, and throw in a free box of ammunition to boot.

So since the retailer gets hit by the bank each time a credit card purchase is made his profit margin may be so thin that he offers a cash discount - especially if the gun's price has been discounted in the first place.

Guns are a great hobby, but a tough business. Dealers make money selling accessories, ammunition, and everything else.

But usually not guns.

cassandrasdaddy
November 30, 2008, 04:09 PM
i don't accept checks drawn on wachovia or chevy chase bank. and i take cards but charge the customer the 3%.

Grey_Mana
February 12, 2009, 09:30 AM
I've got one problem with Bud's,
the OUT OF STOCK responses.

I thought you were the change we were waiting for?

GTFord1
February 12, 2009, 10:25 AM
I just ordered my fourth gun from Bud's over the years. I ordered it last Friday (at night, mind you,) and it shipped on Wednesday of this week. Looks like they're getting stuff out pretty fast at the moment.

ShowMeState1977
March 5, 2009, 04:36 PM
I sure would like to order a S&W 686+ 4" from Bud's, but they are not in stock.

CoRoMo
March 5, 2009, 05:37 PM
My wishlist in my Bud's account has held a dozen or two guns for many months now without a single one item having been received yet. I suppose that there are other customers inline ahead of me for a few of these items, but it makes you wonder about the frequency with which they are receiving some of this stuff.

skwab
March 5, 2009, 05:46 PM
I've had nothing but a positive experience with Bud's and will do business with them in the future. I know everyone I talk to who has a stake in the business end of firearm retail has said that shipments from manufacturers are sparse. Until the panic dies down.

ShowMeState1977
March 5, 2009, 09:34 PM
...So I check their website constantly to see if the 686+ are in and they are...but their instant credit isn't so instant. "You will recieve notice of your credit application in the mail w/in 7-10 business days." Is this normal or is this a nice way of saying I was denied?

Bubba613
March 5, 2009, 09:56 PM
With any luck enough retailers and wholesalers will put pressure on the manufacturers to cut off Bud's and end their unfair trade practices.

Brian Dale
March 5, 2009, 11:40 PM
With any luck enough retailers and wholesalers will put pressure on the manufacturers to cut off Bud's and end their unfair trade practices.

:confused:

You've got me puzzled here, Bubba.

DeathByCactus
March 6, 2009, 12:32 AM
Old thread, this popped out of nowhere... Nov. 30, 2008 lol.

Bubba613
March 6, 2009, 09:08 AM
Bud's buys from manufacturers like a wholesaler and sells via internet at retail prices. Wholesalers hate them. Retailers hate them.

CoRoMo
March 6, 2009, 10:19 AM
Retailers hate them.

Only because they've been spanking you on price. Two of my recent purchases were bought through them at prices no local dealer could come within $100 of.

Bubba613
March 6, 2009, 11:08 AM
And where do you think that will end up?

CoRoMo
March 6, 2009, 12:04 PM
My guns? They will stay in my hands.
Mom & Pops overpricing us? Unemployment line.

Where will what end up?

redfireftr
March 6, 2009, 12:49 PM
I am somewhat local to Bud's so I have made purchases at their retail store and have used their website also. This past June I was out of town and saw a pistol I HAD to buy from them but was out of town and wouldn't be back for another month and a few days. I called the store, gave them my CC # and they held it for me until I was able to get back in town. When I got back in town I went to the store and finished the transaction and really couldn't be happier with it.

Anyway, their staff at the retail store is very helpful and worth the drive out there. They also have a pistol range which is one of the reasons why I go out there.

FWIW I only use two gun shops due to customer service. Bud's is one of them and the other one is smaller but is more local to me.

gunfire876
March 6, 2009, 05:12 PM
Why don't you tell all of us ,your stores name and that way we can all judge you. Seems like you have a problem with Bud. If you would like to pm me I'll let you voice your opinion to Bud. See alot of people hide behind their computer and say alot of mean stuff but don't even know Bud. Well here is your chance to meet him maybe he can give you a hug and you won't be so bitter.

phoglund
March 6, 2009, 06:25 PM
Bubba's comments don't even make sense. Bud's buys a large number of guns at a discount because of volume and then sells them to individuals at a markup to make money. Isn't this what everybody in retail does to make money? There are larger retail businesses and smaller ones. There are advantages to dealing with either. Often both can exist in the same market. Complaining about it is just that...complaining. :scrutiny:

For the record, in the last year I've bought local and I've bought from Bud's and had the same local dealer handle the transfer. I've gotten competitive prices from both. Even if I don't buy from the local guy he gets $25 to do the transfer and essentially has no costs for his trouble. I suspect some gun sales don't make much more than $25 for the local guy anyway especially when you consider inventory costs etc.

Competition baby...its the American way! :neener:

briangsxr600
March 6, 2009, 06:39 PM
I live kind of close to Buds it's about a 2 hour drive. I have been happy to make that drive a few times as I have bought more than 10 guns from buds retail and I think 4-5 form the internet shop. They treated me great they didn't try to talk allot of sh@* to get to buy more. The only down side to buds is every time I do go there my wallet is to light when I leave. They have much better deals then I can get close to my home. I have saved at least 2000.00 by shopping at buds, and that means I get to buy more guns and there happy I am happy so what’s wrong with that.

Bubba613
March 6, 2009, 06:41 PM
Bubba's comments don't even make sense.
They would if you were in the industry. Which obviously you are not.

CoRoMo
March 6, 2009, 06:52 PM
Hey! Your back.

Wanted to know what you were referring to in post #152.

phoglund
March 6, 2009, 06:54 PM
No, I'm not. I'm just a lowly consumer. :rolleyes:

testar77
March 6, 2009, 06:55 PM
They would if you were in the industry. Which obviously you are not

And with an attitude like you have, my guess is you won't be for too long. Typical crap in society today, things aren't going right for someone they look for who to point the finger at. My guess is that Bud's has built themselves a very large and loyal clientel over the years, and that has afforded them the financial ability to make large purchases and sell them at a lesser price. People always seem to hate the people that did it right FIRST and are now reaping the benefits of it, and for some reason because they are NOT the ones who did it they feel like they are getting screwed. Sound familiar Bubba?

signed,
sickandtiredoftheapathyandthelackofacceptingresponsibilityinsocietytoday.

Oh and BTW I have NO affiliation with Bud's, not even as a customer. I have heard great things just haven't purchased anything there.

azmtnbikerxdm
March 7, 2009, 02:01 AM
I have never purchased anything from Bud's yet but check their prices on a regular basis before finding the firearm I want locally just to compare prices. The one time I did call the customer service was top notch. I would buy from them.

signed,
sickandtiredoftheapathyandthelackofacceptingresponsibilityinsocietytoday.

That is classic. I might have to use that some time.

WardenWolf
March 7, 2009, 02:10 AM

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s279/WardenWolf_1982/autowb003.jpg
(It's a paintball shop, for the record)

GTFord1
March 7, 2009, 04:31 PM
I've bought several guns from Bud's now, never had a problem. One time, my local FFL complained about the price. He said he couldn't get it that cheap for himself and didn't know how Bud's was selling it so cheap.

He also claimed Bud's was selling Glocks at law enforcement prices to everyone. I know that isn't true, but I wasn't going to argue with him about it, because he's kind of a hothead. I just nodded my head and said "Oh yeah?"

Bubba613
March 8, 2009, 12:22 AM
And with an attitude like you have, my guess is you won't be for too long.
I'll be here long after Bud's is history. Hope you have all the guns you want already.

4Freedom
March 8, 2009, 01:14 AM
Just want to give my respect for my last purchase at Bud's. I was hearing horror stories about waiting 2 weeks and no response from Buds and was a little nervous in my purchase. However, they really did a great job with me. I purchased and S&W M&P 45 with night sights for the lowest price I could find anywhere. Even the dealers told me that what they were doing was not ethical or that they couldn't even get the price at wholesale for what Ibought if for.

So, I decided to gamble and bought the gun online. To my amazement, two days later, I have my gun and it is exactly what I expected to be.

AWESOME.. Thanks a lot guys for great service, even though you are the biggest name in the cyberworld, you managed to take care of me and not leave me hanging. I am very happy.

GTFord1
March 8, 2009, 12:09 PM
I'll be here long after Bud's is history. Hope you have all the guns you want already.

Sorry, oh overpriced FFL, but Bud's isn't going anywhere.

Hk91-762mm
March 8, 2009, 12:13 PM
IF a manufacture is selling direct to buds at Prices less or the same as they sell to WHDs and buds is selling to retail -at wholesale --That is Poor business and unethical.. On the part of buds and the manufactures -Its called prostution Only by the slang name ./
If you order from them and they charge your card before sending the products -Thats wrong Unless the product will ship that day --IF said product is out of stock they should not charge your card --IF you cancel an order because of slow shipping NO way should there be a 10% charge for canceling the order =
AND YEA BUDS==With all the GOUGING going on--YOU CAN ABSORB THE 3% CC CHARGE!!

I suggest you have another phone line put in too!! and staff it!!!
YOUR sales must be running in the millions of dollars --You can afford it!

Bubba613
March 8, 2009, 01:22 PM
IF a manufacture is selling direct to buds at Prices less or the same as they sell to WHDs and buds is selling to retail -at wholesale --That is Poor business and unethical.
Yes. They buy like wholesalers but sell like retailers. Very unethical. All the wholesalers hate them. All the retailers hate them. I may stop doing transfers from them.

Hikingman
March 8, 2009, 01:30 PM
Yeah, I like the approach to problems with large companies as no accusations or anger, everyone and every company can make mistakes, ask for help and try to remain calm and park outward emotions. Bud's has a good overall rep. in the threads that I've read...

D.M.C.
March 8, 2009, 01:56 PM
You know, it's funny this came up as a necropost. The timing couldn't be better.

Just this last week, I sent a customer complaint/feedback to Buds about a new policy they had put in, and while I didn't necessarily expect a response, I wanted them to know I was unhappy. Less than 36 hours after I sent that feedback, I got a response back from Rex explaining why their policy had been implemented and the Buds perspective on how it'd help more customers than it'd potentially frustrate. I didn't necessarily agree with the assessment, but I was impressed enough with the fact that I got a prompt, polite, professional, and personal response from someone who obviously cared about my customer experience with his shop; well I went ahead and splurged on a new handgun purchase with Bud's because of that simple act of courtesy and professionalism. The fact that this has been done under some of the most high-pressure situations for their business speaks volumes. Sure prices are important, but I wouldn't have bought from someone who was rude or dismissive to me, no matter how good of a bargain I got.

Local gun stores get a bad rap all too often because they become insular, cliquish, dismissive of new customers, and forget the value of a sincere and warm employee. As I illustrated above, this doesn't mean you have got to fawn over a customer and give away the store. But a customer can tell if they're getting a line or if they're being dealt with fairly. Prices rise and fall, fads come and go, but a sincere and trustworthy rapport with all of your potential customers is priceless.

Thumbs up to Rex and Bud's.

winston smith
March 8, 2009, 04:17 PM
I'd like to thank all for convincing me to buy from Buds' - despite their clunky website.:barf:

John 3:16: "for God so loved the world that he didn't send a committee". :D

W L Johnson
March 8, 2009, 04:34 PM
THE 3% CC CHARGE

That CC charge all retailers charged you no matter what form of payment you used, it was always there they just hid it in the cost. Some are now, like Bud's charging you this fee only if you use a credit card, but you always before payed this charge even on cash purchases. So why if paying in cash should I pay the CC charge too? Which is what was happening and still happing at most places.

geojap
March 8, 2009, 05:05 PM
I have bought three firearms from Buds, an FN PBR XP, a Springfield M1A and a Sig 556. I have been extremely happy with Buds. They are extremely busy right now and people should understand that and exercise some patience during this time.

geojap
March 8, 2009, 05:09 PM
I've bought several guns from Bud's now, never had a problem. One time, my local FFL complained about the price. He said he couldn't get it that cheap for himself and didn't know how Bud's was selling it so cheap.

My local FFL (a pawn shop) actually buys half his personal firearms from Buds, as they are cheaper than his wholesalers most times.

geojap
March 8, 2009, 05:15 PM
Most people don't say it but they, as I, find preferential treatment offensive. Are government employees somehow better than me? What is the purpose of the discount? Is it to say "thanks" (pardon me while I vomit)? Just look at that list. It's long (15 separate categories), complicated and serves no real purpose. I call on Bud's to have the courage to treat all of us equally. That "can't be done?" Why?

Complain, complain, complain..... :rolleyes:

Bud's has great prices for everyone. Thanks Buds!

Rmac58
March 9, 2009, 06:07 AM
I have yet to make a purchase from Bud's, but some time ago I clicked on the e-mail me when they are back in stock button. I had since picked up that rifle elsewhere. The Bud's new price was the same as the old price, lower than what I paid from someone else.
Oh well.
I remembered that, and have another e-mail alert with them. This time I'll wait to hear back from them.
Yeah, one percenters, can't please everyone.

4Freedom
March 9, 2009, 06:18 AM
Yes. They buy like wholesalers but sell like retailers. Very unethical. All the wholesalers hate them. All the retailers hate them. I may stop doing transfers from them.

Why cannot wholesalers sell things at decent prices to the public? ALl this will do is force wholesalers to drop their prices to retailers, so that us gun owners don't have to be taxed to death by unscrupulous gun prices. I thought the goal of America was to get guns to the public cheaper, not more expensive. I must give another hats off for Bud's and their ethical pricing. I know some gun companies have made a killing in profit out of the panic buying mess.

Davek1977
March 9, 2009, 06:27 AM
Bud's buys from manufacturers like a wholesaler and sells via internet at retail prices. Wholesalers hate them. Retailers hate them.

So, its "unfair" to sell something cheaper than other places can sell it for? How do you figure? Bud's is simply operating a business, and if they can undersell the competion and still turn a profit, it would seem they are doing so quite successfully. Theres nothing "unfair" about having a better business model than your competitors. Why should a business be punished for operating successfully?

hnk45acp
March 9, 2009, 12:40 PM

you can only make whine with sour grapes

testar77
March 9, 2009, 04:06 PM

As for the first part, with Buds reputation the only way I see that happening is if he has made his fortune and decides to shut it down and retire. Or if he decides to sell it to someone that runs it into the ground.

As far as the second part of that comment, I am not quite sure what you are intending that to mean. Are you meaning that the government is going to take away everyones rights to buy guns??? if so than that means nothing to this post, cuz you AND bud's are toast. Or are you saying that if Buds goes out of business I won't be able to find a place to buy a gun????? Well if your first statement is correct, there will be whiners like you left to buy from (although the shops around here seem slightly less bitter than you). Maybe you can shed some light on what that last comment means.

I think you are making FFL dealers look bad with your sniveling attitude. If you don't like getting your butt kicked my Buds then do something about it! Either find a better place to buy them, or provide such exceptional cusotmer service that no one will want to go anywhere else, or both (like Buds seems to have done from what I hear). Sitting around whining about it isn't going to do any good, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!

Also why would turning away an FFL transfer that makes you an easy $25-$50 for doing next to nothing be smart for your business??????? All it will do is show everyone that walks through your door, that you are going to sit there and pout anytime Bud's is mentioned/involved, and then they will just go somewhere else to have the transfer done, and someone else will make the money AND probably keep the customer for other things, since all you did was act like a 6 yr old. GROW UP!

So, moral of the story Bubba - Either do something about it, or Get over it!

Toby

If you enjoyed reading about "Response from Budsgunshop.com" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!