Hornady A-Max bullets

PDA

Shawnee
November 18, 2008, 10:09 AM
I know the A-Max is designed as a target bullet but am wondering if anyone has used them on any varmints or deer/antelope sized game and what the results were.

Anyone ??????????

:cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "Hornady A-Max bullets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gvnwst
November 18, 2008, 10:20 AM
I have never used them on game, but i have known people who have and seen ballistic tests. Mostly, it was 7mm and 6.5's, the results were stunning. At 700dy a guy took a BIG deer, 7mmWSM, 162 A-max. One shot. At 200yd, 6.5 ballistics gel, the bullet opened up like a nosler partition. Perfect expansion, 86% wieght retention. I am considering using these (if i ever get around to handloading my .223) for small game to deer.

Tarvis
November 18, 2008, 12:19 PM
I think the A-Max was designed for controlled expansion, it's target qualities were also designed in but the A-Max is first and foremost a hunting bullet. I'll have to check my reloading manual but I'm pretty positive that's what the deal is.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hornady A-Max bullets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!