What does the "price tag" mean?

PDA

Quoheleth
November 18, 2008, 01:37 PM
Scrolling through the rifle board, to the right of the thread's subject, I see this little blue thing that looks like a price tag. What does that mean?

For example, there's one located next to this thread on the list: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=407102

Q

If you enjoyed reading about "What does the "price tag" mean?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
November 18, 2008, 01:58 PM
That is the symbol for a "Tag". Tags are a new feature that came along with the latest version of vbulletin. They enhance the search feature by allowing specific keywords. You can click on a tag at the bottom of a thread and all other threads that have that particular tag will be listed.

What puzzles me is that the thread you linked doesn't have any tags (they show up at the bottom of the thread). I'm not well versed on the ins and outs of tags, but I presume that the thread has a tag embedded in it that was tagged from another thread. In other words, if you knew the other thread, you could get to the linked thread, but not vice versa. Not really useful, IMO.

Quoheleth
November 18, 2008, 02:09 PM
Thank you. Guess I missed that tidbit of info somewhere down the line...

Q

If you enjoyed reading about "What does the "price tag" mean?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!