Dear season sighting-in question

PDA

CrazyHazyStu
November 18, 2008, 04:20 PM
I have an frankenstein 1917 that I plan on using for gun deer season this coming weekend here in Wisconsin. I went out to the range this past weekend and sighted it in. When I got home I thought I noticed a crack on the stock and so took the action off for a closer examination (it was a nasty scratch not a crack). Will I need to head back out to the range to re-zero now that I took off/put back on the action/barrel? I don't use a scope just an old redfield peep sight.

Thanks,

Stu

If you enjoyed reading about "Dear season sighting-in question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mainsail
November 18, 2008, 04:45 PM
Dear hunting is illegal.

lefteyedom
November 18, 2008, 05:11 PM
Your rifle will still shoot to the same point of aim if you tighten the action screws correctly.
But heck why would you turn down a good excuse to go shooting?

rcmodel
November 18, 2008, 06:57 PM
Déjà vu anyone?
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?p=5087320#post5087320

How many threads do we have running with the same post?

I hate when that happens!

rcmodel

CrazyHazyStu
November 19, 2008, 11:29 AM
That's true I don't want to shoot "Dear". I'd rather get da 30-point buck (a Wisconsin joke of sorts). R.C. sorry for the deja vu. I won't do it again.

If you enjoyed reading about "Dear season sighting-in question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!