Help maintaining cheek weld on a rifle...

PDA

bragood
November 18, 2008, 04:34 PM
Ok I am very familiar with the m16 thanks to the Army and can keep my exact cheek weld with that family of rifles from now until the end of time but I have a remington that I handload for and for some reason I change my cheek weld ever so slightly when I shoot. Anyone have any tips on maintaining proper cheek weld? I know with the m16/m4 the nose to the charging handle and with the m1 and various unscoped rifle the thumb to the nose trick but I dont know any tricks when it comes to scoped rifles. Help please!
Brandon

If you enjoyed reading about "Help maintaining cheek weld on a rifle..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SimpleIsGood229
November 18, 2008, 06:10 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but so long as your natural cheek weld aligns your eye with the scope, minor changes in your cheek weld don't matter. As I'm sure you know, small differences in cheek weld can affect shot-to-shot consistency when shooting with irons. Not so with a scope.

bragood
November 18, 2008, 06:51 PM
Well then I feel like a DA. I dont have as much experience with a scope as with irons. What effects the sight picture with a scope then that will move a group?

HOLY DIVER
November 18, 2008, 06:55 PM
i feel breathing and trigger finger wrap are most important

If you enjoyed reading about "Help maintaining cheek weld on a rifle..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!