Info on Remington 700 CDL SF (Stainless Fluted)?

PDA

BENELLIMONTE
November 18, 2008, 05:13 PM
I have an opportunity to get a deal on a NIB Remington 700 CDL SF (Stainless Fluted) in 257 Weatherby. Anybody out there that actually owns and uses one as a hunting rifle. Want to know your opinion of the gun.

Thanks in advance.
Benellimonte

If you enjoyed reading about "Info on Remington 700 CDL SF (Stainless Fluted)?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sam C
November 19, 2008, 06:48 PM
I've got one in 300 WSM waiting to go to the smith for a tune up. I'm going to top it off with a stainless Zeiss Conquest 3.5-10x44 with a #4reticle.

BENELLIMONTE
November 19, 2008, 08:41 PM
SAM C,
What do you mean by tune up? Is it a worthwhile rifle to purchase.

Bartkowski
November 19, 2008, 09:29 PM
Assuming the price is right get it. Although I think remington's quality has gone down over the years they still produce fine guns.

Sam C
November 30, 2008, 09:04 PM
Glass & pillar bed the stock blueprint the action, lap the lugs, check barrel crown, etc. That will turn a fine shooting rifle into a tack driver. you don't need to do this, it's just something I like to have done.

If you enjoyed reading about "Info on Remington 700 CDL SF (Stainless Fluted)?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!