Free subscription to Field & Stream

PDA

brian0128
September 18, 2003, 04:00 PM
Thes usually don't last long. I got the link off of www.fatwallet.com in their free forum section. Post up if you get them and it's still available and so this stays at the top and we can take advantage of it while it's here.

http://www.magscentral.com/fs/fs6d4.htm

Here's some others as well...

And here is one for golf digest.
http://www.magscentral.com/golfdigest/78h8.htm

Golf World
http://www.magscentral.com/golfworld/gwa3.htm

Working mother for your wives.....
http://www.magscentral.com/wm/wm3w3.htm

YM for anyone with a teenage daughter
http://www.teenfreeway.com/magscentral/ym1a1.htm

If you enjoyed reading about "Free subscription to Field & Stream" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
brian0128
September 18, 2003, 04:58 PM
You can even give these away as gifts to people as long as you know their email and home address.

scottgun
September 18, 2003, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the link. Can't beat that.

Kharn
September 18, 2003, 06:02 PM
The Stuff and Maxim links are both dead, but the Field and Stream link worked for me.

Kharn

repsychler
September 18, 2003, 06:03 PM
So...what's the catch? :D I hate to be cynical, but, TANSTAAFL.

Kharn
September 18, 2003, 06:06 PM
Repsychler:
I'm already getting a free subscription to Maxim through the same people, they probably just sell your name to the junk mailers, I havent seen a bill or anything since I started getting them.

Kharn

mtnbkr
September 18, 2003, 06:28 PM
I'm getting Stuff, Maxim, and a few other magazines through these guys. If they sell your name, I haven't noticed an increase in junk mail or telemarketers. I signed up for F&S too.

Chris

ke6guj
September 18, 2003, 07:55 PM
A lot of the freebie deals are to increase publication numbers so the mags can raise advertisers fees. Some are brand new pubs that have no readers, so they give them away to build word of mouth.

I have, or had, subs to Automobile, Car&Driver, Road&track, RollingStone, Blender, Maxim, Stuff, FHM, Razor, Playboy, PCWorld, computer shopper, PCPhoto, Outdoor Photographer, Sports Ill. and many more, all for free. I glance through them and them pass them on to friends and family. With the number of subscriptions my family has, all the Free ones plus the paid ones, the mailman sure gets a workout.:D

greyhound
September 18, 2003, 08:05 PM
Still works as of now. (9/18 8:03 East Coast).

Since OLN is now the "Bicycle Racing Network" I can get my dose of good ole boys huntin'. :D

Sisco
September 18, 2003, 08:22 PM
The complemtarymagazines.com links have expired, checked the magscentral.com sites, could not find any links for a privacy statement.
I'd like to know what they plan on doing with my name and address before I sign up. :scrutiny:

Moparmike
September 18, 2003, 09:12 PM
http://www.magscentral.com/privacy.htm

Sisco
September 18, 2003, 09:47 PM
Thanks Mike. Where was the link?

Moparmike
September 18, 2003, 09:52 PM
Next to the "you have to be over 13 years old" text, which is to the right of the "Enter your age" box.

Bowlcut
September 18, 2003, 09:52 PM
I get tons of mags for free this way. The reasoning behind why...its the advertsing that makes mags money. not subscription fees. More people getting the mag, means more the ad companies must pay them. Then also sign up with your "spam" email addy...to keep it all cool ;)

C.R.Sam
September 18, 2003, 11:55 PM
F&S still good.

Sam

brian0128
September 19, 2003, 08:56 AM
I removed Stuff, Maxim and Blender because the links were dead now but F&S is still good.

RTFM
September 19, 2003, 10:17 AM
FS Still good 8:18 AM MT

GinSlinger
September 19, 2003, 12:55 PM
Still up @ 11:55 Central.

GinSlinger

Carlos
September 19, 2003, 05:23 PM
Cool, a new subscription to F&S will arrive 10-12 weeks.

Thanks for the link.

twency
September 19, 2003, 09:09 PM
Worked as of 9:10 p.m. 9/19/03.

QuickDraw
September 20, 2003, 11:21 AM
Just as an experiment I used an alternate name for the F&S mag.
Now I'll just wait and see how much,how soon,my alter ego gets
in the mail:scrutiny:

QuickDraw

Mark Tyson
September 20, 2003, 12:10 PM
Great, thanks for posting. Any other (hopefully gun/hunting related) free stuff out there?

C.R.Sam
September 20, 2003, 12:29 PM
Unless you are runnin pretty tight puter security you are going to pick quite a few spy bots and pop up when visiting the free stuff site.

Just a heads up.

Sam

cwalker3
September 20, 2003, 05:33 PM
I have been getting Field and Stream for about two years now. I never subscribed to it. Never inquired about it. Never even thought about it (since I don't hunt or fish) until one day when I found it in my mail box. I've gotten a copy every month ever since. I've never even gotten a "it's time to renew your subscription" notice. I've checked with the family and no one gave it as a gift. Verrrrry strange.

axeman_g
September 22, 2003, 09:51 AM
still working as of 10am EST.....

Balog
September 22, 2003, 10:52 AM
F & S still good as of 7:10 MST on 9/22.
Where can one go to find other subscriptions being offered? I went to magscentral.com, but it didn't lead anywhere.

G27
January 11, 2004, 07:43 PM
My copy started this week. Good til Aug. 2005 The link still works. I did not get a bunch of junk mail yet

Moparmike
January 11, 2004, 08:00 PM
I got mine yesterday. I had forgotten completely about it.

QuickDraw
January 11, 2004, 08:24 PM
Hey,this is weird.
I was just thinking about this today!I signed up awhile ago and haven't
received a thing.Hmmmm,maybe tommorrow.

QuickDraw

50 Shooter
January 11, 2004, 09:24 PM
Got mine last week, never thought it was going to show up. Two thumbs up to F&S for the free subscription, if you got one you should send them an email and thank them.

CZ-100
January 11, 2004, 09:25 PM
I signed up whe this was first poster, and I got my first mag on Sat.:D

mtnbkr
January 11, 2004, 09:41 PM
Two thumbs up to F&S for the free subscription, if you got one you should send them an email and thank them

Lots of magazines do this, it's nothing but marketing.

I'm currently receiving, free of charge:

Stuff
Maxim
Outdoor Life
F&S
PC Magazine
The Week
E-Gear

And probably a few others that I forgot about. Check out www.slickdeals.net for freebies like this and other good deals.

Chris

Bacchus
January 11, 2004, 09:47 PM
I got the link for F&S to work, but how do you search through the site for other magazines?

DigMe
January 11, 2004, 10:46 PM
I'm currently receiving:

F&S
ESPN, The Magazine
GamePro
PC Magazine
and
Blender

all for free as a result of keeping an eye on Fatwallet. I've had opportunities for others but I didn't think my wife would really tolerate more magazines. :D

Bacchus - do a search in the "Free stuff" forum for "free magazine thread" or something like that. There is a thread where they compiled most of the free mag offers.

brad cook

Doug S
January 11, 2004, 11:21 PM
I got my first issue yesterday. Thanks for the link.

George Hill
January 11, 2004, 11:27 PM
I started getting STUFF and MAXIM...

Wife ALMOST killed me.
It was very close.
Those free mags are now sent to my brothers in Virginia, who are luckily, still single.

mtnbkr
January 12, 2004, 09:44 AM
I started getting STUFF and MAXIM...
Wife ALMOST killed me

Those are two magazines I wouldn't spend money on, but from time to time, you can find interesting articles in them.

When they come in the mail, my wife just tells me I got T*** and A*** in the mail.

Most of the time, they get a 5 minute perusal, then are tossed into the trash.

Chris

Kharn
January 12, 2004, 11:45 AM
I hope my F&S shows up today (along with the Tactical Response mag I found a link to somewhere), my post office (boonie-ville) is always a day or two behind everyone else's.

My mom makes comments about my brother and I both getting Maxim (for some reason we arent recieving Stuff, but I signed up for both Maxim and Stuff at the same time) whenever the latest issues show up. I usually reply with something along the lines of "Boy's Life doesnt exactly contain a lot of articles we'd find interesting anymore." :D

Kharn

Carlos
January 12, 2004, 01:12 PM
Got mine last week and have read it from cover to cover. Looking forward to the next issue.

Thanks.

Dave R
January 12, 2004, 01:50 PM
Field & Stream is still good.

Anyone have a link to get Outdoor Life for free? I'd like to get that one...

Steel
January 12, 2004, 02:19 PM
where is the link to the free gun magazines ?!

greyhound
January 12, 2004, 07:46 PM
Good grief just got mine today too....

God article about a Kimber deer rifle as well as scopes on shotguns.

Also on Bowie knives!

freedomlover
January 12, 2004, 11:18 PM
Cool beans! The link's still working...

Balog
January 13, 2004, 02:05 PM
Finally got my F&S in the mail.

Ham Hock
January 13, 2004, 02:49 PM
My first issue came last week. It's great for the "reading room."

Grayrock
March 7, 2004, 12:43 AM
I got my 1st issue today. Wife was thrilled when I told her it was a "free" subscription- at first she was a little miffed I got ANOTHER magazine.

NightWolfe
March 7, 2004, 01:41 AM
just saw this thread .. and the link still works .. just signed up ..

Thanks ..

I'll add it to the collection of freebies I'm getting now ..

Stuff
Maxim
GamePro

DaveJ
March 7, 2004, 09:47 AM
I just signed up too. First issue comes in about 3 months. Thanks for the link.

DaveJ

natedog
March 7, 2004, 10:48 AM
Anyone have any other links to free mags? I tried going to www.magscentral.com and got a dead page.

DigMe
March 7, 2004, 10:55 AM
Anyone have any other links to free mags? I tried going to www.magscentral.com and got a dead page

Yeah you can't just go to magscentral.com and go straight to the free mags. I think the idea is that they link their free mags to special offers and whatnot. If you want to find the direct links you have to google search for them. I usually go to google and do the following search

"complimentary site:magscentral.com"

or

"free site:magscentral.com"

Just remove the quotes and cut and paste the words within the quotes.
I checked again last week and they didn't really have any other mags that I'm interested in at the moment. I usually watch the free stuff forum at www.fatwallet.com though. Occasionally some good offers come up there.

brad cook

Pheonix
December 31, 2005, 10:55 AM
My subscriptions ran out. where can I get some more FREE ones?

jamz
December 31, 2005, 01:52 PM
Interestingly, my F&S "free" subscription went on way, way longer than the intended 6 months. I was getting them until about two months ago.

After about a year, they started sending me renewal notices, and I went about renewing the subvscription, because it was only about 12 dollars for the year. Well, I opened up the latest renewal letter, and it was possibly the rudest, most insulting form letter I'd ever recieved from any organization, including some credit companies, so I said "screw them", and let the magazines keep coming in. They came in for about another year. :)

I'll save my money for a different magazine.

-James

If you enjoyed reading about "Free subscription to Field & Stream" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!