Bill Shatner + Gun = Pure Awesomeness...

PDA

zombienerd
November 19, 2008, 12:52 AM
This is maybe not the "best" way to handle this situation, but it sure is poetic :)

Right click on the link and click "Save As" It's hosted on my personal server...

http://www.ccrvb.com/guncontrol.wmv

If you enjoyed reading about "Bill Shatner + Gun = Pure Awesomeness..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tommygunn
November 19, 2008, 12:55 AM
If I had a nickel for all the times this has been posted I wouldn't need to worry about what's happened to my stock portfolio these past few months ......

zombienerd
November 19, 2008, 12:59 AM
Touche... I just searched... So, you only lost 20 cents in stocks? You're not doing too bad :)

Tommygunn
November 19, 2008, 01:01 AM
You do know what "hyperbole" is, don't you?

Double Naught Spy
November 19, 2008, 07:51 AM
Uh, that isn't Bill Shatner speaking. That is a fictional character named Denny Crane.

It is sort of like people think John Wayne is a western and war hero when in fact he didn't live in the old west and didn't fight in any of the wars in which he is seen acting.

It is because these guys are ACTORS!

jorb
November 19, 2008, 08:37 AM
Everybody chill! Its still funny and, although John Wayne was just an actor, he did a heck of a job for military recruiting.

Carl Levitian
November 19, 2008, 09:26 AM
it's really too bad people don't realize he's an actor. A very liberal actor. An actor who like Burt Lanchaster, Cliff Robertson, Kirk Douglas, Michael Douglas, Sean Conery, Richard Dean Anderson, Tim Robbins, Henry Winkler, Diane Keaton, Roger Moore, Silvester Stalone, Ed Harris, and a host of other Hollyweird types, have contributed very large sums of money to anit-gun groups.

Hypocrasy make me ill. :barf:

DonP
November 19, 2008, 10:13 AM
Has anyone seen the clip from an earlier Boston Legal show where his character is forced to defend a child molester as part of his community service sentence.

"Crane" walks into the interview room, the molester admits he did it and brags about doing it again as soon as Crane springs him from the charges on some technical grounds. Crane looks at the scumbag, starts shouting "Help, help, he's attacking me!" The bad guy just looks confused.

IIRC, Crane then backs up to block the door and pulls a gun from his briefcase and shoots the guy right in the groin several tims and said something like, "This ought to at least slow you down a little".

moi_self26
November 19, 2008, 10:27 AM
Geez, Shatner's an actor, I thought he was a dentist :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure EVERYONE is aware that he is an actor, the thing is... not everyone watches Boston Legal (I don't) so not everyone would know him by his character's name. You would however be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't see his face and know "hey, that's William Shatner".

And if seeing a multiple thread posts is the biggest annoyance you face in life, I for one am pretty envious.

It's really not necessary to flame over such stupid little things.

Justin
November 19, 2008, 12:26 PM
This has been posted before.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bill Shatner + Gun = Pure Awesomeness..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!